U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 AM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466

Advertisements

It seems totally out of balance how all this time and resource is going towards obtaining the death penalty for Jodi.

That absolute crap of a human being, Ariel Castro, was charges with 977 counts including two of aggravated murder for the "unlawful termination" of one of the women's pregnancies, as well as multiple counts of kidnapping and rape.

He got a plea deal for life without parole, so basically his agreement protects him from further charges and from the death penalty.

I guess the Ohio Judicial system has more sense than Arizona. They saved themselves millions of dollars that will better serve the community, and spared dragging the victims and the victim's families thru years of more turmoil.

The victims were TORTURED for almost a DECADE, yet did not hold out for the death penalty.
Following the hearing, a law firm representing the three women said they were "satisfied" with the resolution.
"Amanda, Gina, and Michelle are relieved by today's plea," the law firm Jones Day said.


Perhaps Travis's family could learn a lesson in humility and appreciation for the justice system by following the example the example of these 3 young women who TRULY suffered, and yet are moving on with their lives.

 
Old 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,401,668 times
Reputation: 5654
Trinity do we have any proof that Jodi is interested in a plea bargain?

Maybe no one is interested in a bargain because they wanna take their chances.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
Back in January, court documents show that attorneys for Jodi Arias attempted to negotiate a plea deal prior to her trial.

The defense stated that Arias could receive a more favorable verdict at trial, but she was willing to plead guilty to second degree murder to avoid causing more pain to Alexander’s friends and family and “because she has grave regrets for the falsehoods she told the media after Mr. Alexander’s death and how such falsehoods might have caused the family even more pain."


No plea deal was ever reached.




Here is the story about the plea deal.
Did Jodi Arias try to make a plea deal? | HLNtv.com
 
Old 07-28-2013, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,401,668 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Back in January, court documents show that attorneys for Jodi Arias attempted to negotiate a plea deal prior to her trial.

The defense stated that Arias could receive a more favorable verdict at trial, but she was willing to plead guilty to second degree murder to avoid causing more pain to Alexander’s friends and family and “because she has grave regrets for the falsehoods she told the media after Mr. Alexander’s death and how such falsehoods might have caused the family even more pain."


No plea deal was ever reached.




Here is the story about the plea deal.
Did Jodi Arias try to make a plea deal? | HLNtv.com
Ok I remember now this deal was discussed in this forum. I understand the prosecution had enough evidence for first degree murder. That was not really much of a bargain for the prosecution.

I don't know what I would do if I were one of Alexander's siblings but I think asking them to take this kind of deal was unrealistic when there was so much evidence of premeditation.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
I just don't think it was reasonable for a 3 million dollar price tag to get 'Life without Parole' vs 25 years. I don't think anyone's going to care what Jodi is doing 25 years from now, in or out of prison.

Even if she got the Death Penalty, it would never actually really happen. It's pretty much a Colossally expensive Media show. Travis siblings and the Hugh's made out quite well financially. Very Strange Trial all the way around. And it's not over yet!!!
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,562 posts, read 47,801,608 times
Reputation: 110453
Travis Alexander honored on his birthday with food given to the homeless...

Travis Alexander honored with good works on his birthday
 
Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,401,668 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I just don't think it was reasonable for a 3 million dollar price tag to get 'Life without Parole' vs 25 years. I don't think anyone's going to care what Jodi is doing 25 years from now, in or out of prison.

Even if she got the Death Penalty, it would never actually really happen. It's pretty much a Colossally expensive Media show. Travis siblings and the Hugh's made out quite well financially. Very Strange Trial all the way around. And it's not over yet!!!
I don't think anybody could have predicted how long this trial was gonna take so in my opinion we cannot blame the Alexanders for the price tag. Usually when you make a deal you try to find a middle ground. Second degree murder was not middle ground. It was not a good deal for the prosecution.

We don't know what the Alexanders feel, think or what their motives are. No one has the capacity to read minds yet. However in most cases most people try to relieve pain with "justice". Letting the murderer of a loved one get away with a lesser charge for many people might feel like betraying the memory of their loved one. I don't think the Alexaders were outside the norm for not taking that plea.

Jodi is not concerned with the tax money that was spend on this trial either. She hasn't proposed a realistic deal because she is taking her chances and luck so far has not been on her side. Jodi seems to suffer from too much optimism. Se thought she could get Travis back, she thought she could commit a murder and leave no traces, she thought Flores would believe her stories, she thought a jury would not convict her, she thinks she is not gonna get death or life in prison. Her optimism is not helping her.
 
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
Those are good points.

Yeh, I'm not sure if the Alexanders offered a plea deal for LWOP that Joi would even take it.

It sure going to be interesting to see the defense's strategy this round.
 
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 AM
 
25,905 posts, read 39,198,746 times
Reputation: 13903
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Travis Alexander honored on his birthday with food given to the homeless...

Travis Alexander honored with good works on his birthday
That's so nice and I like that better than one of the HLN hosts who wrote a book about Travis to honor him and get more fame over his back....
 
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,562 posts, read 47,801,608 times
Reputation: 110453
Judge denies Arias motion to vacate death penalty...
Jodi Arias judge denies motion to vacate death option - ktar.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top