U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,621,110 times
Reputation: 7869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Judging by the photos, it seems the struggle also took place in the hallway being there is blood on the wall and floor. So did she go after him in the shower, take the battle out to the hallway and then drag him back into the shower? She put the bedroom sheets in the washing machine, were they also fighting in the bedroom?

From what I have heard during the trial, my theory is that she talked him into letting her take photos of him in the shower knowing that it would give her an opportunity to approach him with a weapon (probably a knife) without warning. He tried to fight off the knife but was trapped causing defensive hand wounds. When he somehow got out of the shower, being nude and wet, he slipped and fell on the tile floor. He then tried to escape on his hands and knees and Jodi cut his throat from behind. He continued his escape attempt until he collapsed in the hallway floor with Jodi continuing to stab him from behind as he crawled. After the deed was done, Jodi attempted to hide and clean up before a roommate may have arrived. Part of the cleanup was dragging the body back into the shower.

The bed sheets were probably already in the washer. Jodi admitted that Travis would remove the bed sheets and wash them after sex. Jodi threw in water ever else was bloody such as towels in a washer that was already running. She may have also thrown in the camera by accident.

 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,453,639 times
Reputation: 64033
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
From what I have heard during the trial, my theory is that she talked him into letting her take photos of him in the shower knowing that it would give her an opportunity to approach him with a weapon (probably a knife) without warning. He tried to fight off the knife but was trapped causing defensive hand wounds. When he somehow got out of the shower, being nude and wet, he slipped and fell on the tile floor. He then tried to escape on his hands and knees and Jodi cut his throat from behind. He continued his escape attempt until he collapsed in the hallway floor with Jodi continuing to stab him from behind as he crawled. After the deed was done, Jodi attempted to hide and clean up before a roommate may have arrived. Part of the cleanup was dragging the body back into the shower.

The bed sheets were probably already in the washer. Jodi admitted that Travis would remove the bed sheets and wash them after sex. Jodi threw in water ever else was bloody such as towels in a washer that was already running. She may have also thrown in the camera by accident.
I was thinking maybe she came back into the house unannounced, and surprised him while he was already in the shower.

Oh that sounds like an awful way to die.
 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,017,484 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I don't personally know too many people (any) that don't have a problem with pedophiles. I'm guessing that the feeling you have for pedophiles is mirrored by the majority of people.

Are you aware that Jodi said she recorded that conversation at Travis' request but he never got a copy and could have freely recorded it himself had he wanted to? Are you aware that she testified that she liked every sexual encounter they had and that the things being discussed in the conversation were purely of a fantasy nature? Are you aware Travis was on tape saying he had never even pleasured himself until he met Jodi? Are you aware that fantasy and reality are two different things?

You say religions are riddled with pedophiles. I would counter that with many people that have behavioural problems try to cloak themselves in religion. I was married to someone that thought that as long as he told everyone he was a Seventh Day Adventist he would always be above reproach. Hiding under the wings of the church only speaks to the member, not the church. This is what Jodi was doing, IMO. Certainly not all pedophiles are linked to religion if that is what you are inferring.

Beyond all of that, are you insinuating that Jodi was justified in this heinous crime? Jodi is having her day in court. Travis is in the position of having to disprove a negative because he is no longer hear to speak. Jodi has had two years to concoct her third or fourth version of the events that transpired. Obviously, pedophilia would be about the worst thing someone could say about another person and that is why she's using it.

You notice in that conversation involving the 12 year old Jodi is using her typical childlike voice. He was actually accurate in his comment. He didn't say he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old, the context was of her playing dress up. I'm not sure that is an uncommon fantasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
From what I have heard during the trial, my theory is that she talked him into letting her take photos of him in the shower knowing that it would give her an opportunity to approach him with a weapon (probably a knife) without warning. He tried to fight off the knife but was trapped causing defensive hand wounds. When he somehow got out of the shower, being nude and wet, he slipped and fell on the tile floor. He then tried to escape on his hands and knees and Jodi cut his throat from behind. He continued his escape attempt until he collapsed in the hallway floor with Jodi continuing to stab him from behind as he crawled. After the deed was done, Jodi attempted to hide and clean up before a roommate may have arrived. Part of the cleanup was dragging the body back into the shower.

The bed sheets were probably already in the washer. Jodi admitted that Travis would remove the bed sheets and wash them after sex. Jodi threw in water ever else was bloody such as towels in a washer that was already running. She may have also thrown in the camera by accident.
That's a well put together scenario.Or not, I have absolute questions on the severing of his throat. We didn't hear a forensic specialist on cutting his throat or stabbing. The Prosecution didn't put on a Forensic Specialist on purpose.
A slice would not have been enough to severe his neck muscles, which were quite thick since he worked out ,ie: cutting meat with a bread knife.
She would have also had to cut thru the tracheae, that would require more of a sawing motion, and strength. and skill. Totally different motion then the stabbing action.
The severing of a throat is common method of hit men who are experience with a knife, execution style.

Execution by the Mormon Church, perhaps. Many suspects confess to save their life in Prison.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-04-2013 at 06:59 PM..
 
Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,621,110 times
Reputation: 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
That's a well put together scenario.Or not, I have absolute questions on the severing of his throat. We didn't hear a forensic specialist on cutting his throat or stabbing. The Prosecution didn't put on a Forensic Specialist on purpose.
A slice would not have been enough to severe his neck muscles, which were quite thick since he worked out ,ie: cutting meat with a bread knife.
She would have also had to cut thru the tracheae, that would require more of a sawing motion, and strength. and skill. Totally different motion then the stabbing action.
The severing of a throat is common method of hit men who are experience with a knife, execution style.

Execution by the Mormon Church, perhaps. Many suspects confess to save their life in Prison.
Can you provide more information about executions by Mormon churches? Why would the Mormon church want to execute Travis? Wouldn't murder make these Mormons more evil than someone who likes premarital sex? Does the Mormon church support murder of those they believe sinned?
 
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
 
4,253 posts, read 5,441,849 times
Reputation: 10299
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
That's a well put together scenario.Or not, I have absolute questions on the severing of his throat. We didn't hear a forensic specialist on cutting his throat or stabbing. The Prosecution didn't put on a Forensic Specialist on purpose.
A slice would not have been enough to severe his neck muscles, which were quite thick since he worked out ,ie: cutting meat with a bread knife.
She would have also had to cut thru the tracheae, that would require more of a sawing motion, and strength. and skill. Totally different motion then the stabbing action.
The severing of a throat is common method of hit men who are experience with a knife, execution style.

Execution by the Mormon Church, perhaps. Many suspects confess to save their life in Prison.
I have been looking into this Mormon angle and some of the things I have found out about certain rituals lead me to believe there could very well be something in it. Particularly the throat slashing, prior to 1990 throat slashing was a symbolic punishment for betraying the church and breaking vows of secrecy. Perhaps JA used this as her own form of retribution or perhaps someone within the church was involved as well and still believed in this form of punishment. He was also stabbed near the heart and in the belly, two other places symbolically linked to penalties, although to be fair his heart wasn't actually ripped out nor were his intestines pulled out of his stomach and the multitude of other stabs could quite easily put the significance of these ones in doubt....but to me the seemingly superfluous and (from what you say) difficult nature of the neck wound suggests it does have some meaning to the killer. It could also explain why she put him back in the shower after as washing was a part of some of these rituals too. I'm not trying to vilify the LDS church but just saying that JA on her own or with someone else (I have a suspicion that someone else was there) used this symbolism to make a point. It could be that ignoring or covering up this connection is not because of guilt in the crime itself but to dissociate the church from this crime in any way and not have these rituals talked about in open court or in the media.



This explains the Mormon rituals, scroll down to sign and penalties

The LDS Temple Ceremony | Mormonism Research Ministry
 
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,621,110 times
Reputation: 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I have been looking into this Mormon angle and some of the things I have found out about certain rituals lead me to believe there could very well be something in it. Particularly the throat slashing, prior to 1990 throat slashing was a symbolic punishment for betraying the church and breaking vows of secrecy. Perhaps JA used this as her own form of retribution or perhaps someone within the church was involved as well and still believed in this form of punishment. He was also stabbed near the heart and in the belly, two other places symbolically linked to penalties, although to be fair his heart wasn't actually ripped out nor were his intestines pulled out of his stomach and the multitude of other stabs could quite easily put the significance of these ones in doubt....but to me the seemingly superfluous and (from what you say) difficult nature of the neck wound suggests it does have some meaning to the killer. It could also explain why she put him back in the shower after as washing was a part of some of these rituals too. I'm not trying to vilify the LDS church but just saying that JA on her own or with someone else (I have a suspicion that someone else was there) used this symbolism to make a point. It could be that ignoring or covering up this connection is not because of guilt in the crime itself but to dissociate the church from this crime in any way and not have these rituals talked about in open court or in the media.



This explains the Mormon rituals, scroll down to sign and penalties

The LDS Temple Ceremony | Mormonism Research Ministry
Yes because we often hear of a Mormon getting knifed to death.
 
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,017,484 times
Reputation: 1466
Is it any coincidence that Joseph Smith was a sexual predator? Didn’t he threaten young women who did not want to have sex with him by telling them their parents would go to hell? He used his position of authority as self-appointed prophet. He isolated his victims, and then raped them. There is a lot of information on the brain washing techniques used, Members are encouraged to baptize other members. There is a lot of literature on victims of cults & love bombing how they groom control etc. So when Jodi was afraid for her family something is there, this is one of the tactics. Its in many articles they threaten your Family members if you expose them.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 04:19 AM
 
2,646 posts, read 4,066,098 times
Reputation: 2447
This is just a crime of passion. It is one of the most common type of crimes and why the police always look at the closest person to the victim be it a partner, family member or friend. Most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. Men killing their partners are a dime a dozen but the interest in this crime is that the person accused is an attractive woman.
 
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,413 posts, read 11,718,125 times
Reputation: 10811
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
That's a well put together scenario.Or not, I have absolute questions on the severing of his throat. We didn't hear a forensic specialist on cutting his throat or stabbing. The Prosecution didn't put on a Forensic Specialist on purpose.
A slice would not have been enough to severe his neck muscles, which were quite thick since he worked out ,ie: cutting meat with a bread knife.
She would have also had to cut thru the tracheae, that would require more of a sawing motion, and strength. and skill. Totally different motion then the stabbing action.
The severing of a throat is common method of hit men who are experience with a knife, execution style.

Execution by the Mormon Church, perhaps. Many suspects confess to save their life in Prison.
It all depends on how sharp the knife is or if the knife has serrations. I have hunted for many years and processed many deer. A deer's neck is protected by their fur. A dull knife would take more of a stab wound to even get it through the fur. But a razor sharp knife or serrated knife cuts quick. Of course; the amount of force applied to the knife would also make a difference. Deer are very muscular that does not protect them from a sharp knife. Only the bone and fur will impede the knife.

Since they never found the knife we have no idea how sharp or dull it was at the time of the murder.

We have a woman that has already admitted to the the murder why would we even try to bring in a Mormon conspiracy?
 
Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,497 times
Reputation: 14
I have just started following this and one big glaring question for me is how did this little woman drag a dead man around like that? I am beginning to believe she had to have had help. Surely she couldn't have been that strong! Another question is WHY did she drag him around? Why didn't she leave him where she killed him? It's very puzzling to me and as much as I've searched, I haven't heard on tv or online anyone comment about this. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top