U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 11:47 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Why do people keep saying she's attractive and cute? She's not. She's scary-looking. But maybe that's because I know what a murderer and liar she is.
Superficial society.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:57 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Why do people keep saying she's attractive and cute? She's not. She's scary-looking. But maybe that's because I know what a murderer and liar she is.
And a lot of people saw Travis as successful and attractive, but in reality he was a bankrupt deviant.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 AM

25,888 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
And a lot of people saw Travis as successful and attractive, but in reality he was a bankrupt deviant.
Does that mean he deserved what he got? OMG the woman is one of the most evil on earth and you trash the victim who throat was sliced open , etc...!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Does that mean he deserved what he got? OMG the woman is one of the most evil on earth and you trash the victim who throat was sliced open , etc...!
This has been already covered in this forum in 2013, Travis didn't deserve what he got, but he enabled it to happen.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:35 PM

21,482 posts, read 14,393,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I often watch Dateline or 48hrs and always wonder why people commit these crimes....they hardly ever get away with it and was it worth sitting in prison for the rest of your life ...I guess they didn't watch these shows and/or think they are better than the ones who get caught.

Overall the make some kind of "stupid or dumb" error and are done..some get away for some years but loose out in the end.
Both TV shows tend to pick out the cases that have something novel or outrageous in them. They both also favor trials with guilty verdicts, possibly because there is more drama in them.

Many, if not most, of the strongest cases against a murderer end up with a guilty plea, often after the trial has begun. Once the reality sets in during trial, a lot of murders will plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; it's a better deal to take 20 years with the possibility of parole than it is to risk a full lifetime in prison or the death penalty.

We never will know just how many spontaneous unplanned murders are never solved. I know of several here in my home town that go back for decades. A spur of the moment murder would be naturally harder to find the killer and convict him if there is no direct evidence, because circumstantial evidence almost always depends on a relationship, family ties, or some other interaction to develop motives for murder.

I used to be surprised at how little direct evidence is found at these opportunity murders. Most often there is evidence, but tying it to a particular person may be impossible. It seems that the more a killer plans, the more suspicious evidence can be gathered.

Arias' own actions, from the time she left her home in N. California until she returned, was a major factor in proving full intention and forethought with intent to murder. Her claim of self defense could not hold up against all of that evidence, and her attempts to limit that evidence, such as avoiding gas stations and using a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans, helped her 1st degree murder sentence.

The guilty always leave some evidence, no matter how carefully they plan, it seems.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:05 PM

5 posts, read 3,404 times
What I don't understand is the timeline of the murder! I know that Jodi Arias did this but my question is how and in what order. She apparently stabbed him while he was in the shower in the center of the chest severing his Superior Vena Cava! Did he get out of the shower and go to the sink, spitting up blood, and she is continually stabbing him in the back? How did his blood get all of the way out of the bathroom and down the hallway? How did he get back into the shower where they found his body? Can anyone explain this to me?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercsi1 View Post
I've been watching the trial religiously daily. True about her anger. But it annoys me when the reporters/attorneys like Nancy Grace are painting Travis Alexander to be a saint. Noone knows the full story. His friends say he called Jodi a stalker, yet he continued to have sex with her. He didn't deserve to be slaughtered that way but it seems he led her on.
I agree 100 percent!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Both TV shows tend to pick out the cases that have something novel or outrageous in them. They both also favor trials with guilty verdicts, possibly because there is more drama in them.

Many, if not most, of the strongest cases against a murderer end up with a guilty plea, often after the trial has begun. Once the reality sets in during trial, a lot of murders will plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; it's a better deal to take 20 years with the possibility of parole than it is to risk a full lifetime in prison or the death penalty.

We never will know just how many spontaneous unplanned murders are never solved. I know of several here in my home town that go back for decades. A spur of the moment murder would be naturally harder to find the killer and convict him if there is no direct evidence, because circumstantial evidence almost always depends on a relationship, family ties, or some other interaction to develop motives for murder.

I used to be surprised at how little direct evidence is found at these opportunity murders. Most often there is evidence, but tying it to a particular person may be impossible. It seems that the more a killer plans, the more suspicious evidence can be gathered.

Arias' own actions, from the time she left her home in N. California until she returned, was a major factor in proving full intention and forethought with intent to murder. Her claim of self defense could not hold up against all of that evidence, and her attempts to limit that evidence, such as avoiding gas stations and using a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans, helped her 1st degree murder sentence.

The guilty always leave some evidence, no matter how carefully they plan, it seems.
I just don't understand the timeline of the murder!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
When he was ambushed in his shower by a psycho wielding a gun and a knife, yes, he was a helpless victim! Anyone can be a victim. Male, female, military background, restraining order, gun owner...you can take steps to be less vulnerable, but ultimately anyone can be attacked if someone is really intent on harming you. You seem to be creating your own fiction about the relationship between Travis and Jodi which the facts don't support, whatever, but this is the True Crime forum. This wasn't some stormy love affair (despite what her FICTIONAL journals might claim)...she was a booty call who owed him thousands of dollars so he couldn't cut off communication with her completely. She moved to another state. She had never threatened violence toward him before. Very few people in his position would have guessed that their life was in danger.
I think that he never knew what hit him!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Superficial society.
She is very scary looking and has many faces! You never know from day to day which personality will present itself. This is why I call her Sybil!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime