U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
 
25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
Reputation: 13868

Advertisements

Does anybody know why on Monday and Tuesday there are no court sessions?

 
Old 03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,194,757 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Absolutely the truth...she has killed him herself and now she has tried to safe her own life, but the real Jodi is coming out and it is not someone we can have walk freely on this planet...she is evil.
Precisely why life in prison is far more ideal for her. She's an ego maniac plain and simple!
 
Old 03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Thumb of Michigan
4,489 posts, read 6,784,343 times
Reputation: 2533
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Does anybody know why on Monday and Tuesday there are no court sessions?
Two jurors have some kind of personal business they needed to attend to....the wording was "personal commitments".
 
Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Thumb of Michigan
4,489 posts, read 6,784,343 times
Reputation: 2533
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Her testifying has sealed this case. Done deal.
That was bizarre-O!

I still maintain it was a crime of passion, given their long-distance relationship and the evidence of the gas cans and gun missing from grandparents home, it comes off as premeditated. Yes, you can argue she had time to cool off before she got to Arizona, i won't argue that.

I say she went into some kind of stupor over her ex and tragically fleshed out her frustrations on him. I would say the stab wounds would support that. (or would you say the stab wounds were staged also?, to make it look like a crime of passion?)

She is, uh, how do you say "unstable". Just my personal read on her, though.
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
 
25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
Reputation: 13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
That was bizarre-O!

I still maintain it was a crime of passion, given their long-distance relationship and the evidence of the gas cans and gun missing from grandparents home, it comes off as premeditated. Yes, you can argue she had time to cool off before she got to Arizona, i won't argue that.

I say she went into some kind of stupor over her ex and tragically fleshed out her frustrations on him. I would say the stab wounds would support that. (or would you say the stab wounds were staged also?, to make it look like a crime of passion?)

She is, uh, how do you say "unstable". Just my personal read on her, though.
I believe she planned to do this unless he was taking her to Cancun or cancelled the trip. The death stare in his eys in the shower close up picture to me is showing that she may have stood there with the gun or knife in her hand.

Also why did she tape all the sex conversations? He never seems to have done that and neither was there any picture of kids found on his computer. he made it clear he never did certain things prior to her and neither did Travis have sex with his other girlfriend as she testified about and he didn't push it on her so I believe Jodi is the sex maniak and couldn't get enough of having a guy who may have been a Virgin and to have him all for herself.

He was a good catch...nice looking (not handsome but nice looking), positive attitude, lots of friends, good job, money, a guy that knew how to clean up behind himself and had a very good taste for furniture and staging since his hosue looked like a model home.

Now she can rot in a prison for 23 hours a day if the jurors are smart and from the questions I got to believe that they are very smart.
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
 
9,150 posts, read 7,206,319 times
Reputation: 13848
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
he made it clear he never did certain things prior to her and neither did Travis have sex with his other girlfriend as she testified about and he didn't push it on her so I believe Jodi is the sex maniak and couldn't get enough of having a guy who may have been a Virgin and to have him all for herself.
If his other girlfriend was a Mormon, she could have lied about the sex. Sex is a pretty shameful thing in that culture, not something readily admitted. Jodi wasn't raised Mormon so has an easier time with it.

I'm not saying she did lie, mind you, just that if they did have sex she probably wouldn't admit it where the whole world would see.
 
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 PM
 
25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
Reputation: 13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
If his other girlfriend was a Mormon, she could have lied about the sex. Sex is a pretty shameful thing in that culture, not something readily admitted. Jodi wasn't raised Mormon so has an easier time with it.

I'm not saying she did lie, mind you, just that if they did have sex she probably wouldn't admit it where the whole world would see.
I can only say that she came across as being very sincere...the opposite of Jodi, but that are most of the people.

Jodi is one of a kind!
 
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Boca Raton, FL
5,157 posts, read 8,684,984 times
Reputation: 6157
Smile The knife

Was anything brought up about the knife? How would she have gotten it? I mean, she didn't have enough time to run downstairs, go into the kitchen and get it, right? Might as well run out the front door.

Also, if she was there during the day and the roommates were in and out, didn't they see her car?

Why did she rent a car?
 
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 PM
 
1,325 posts, read 2,840,013 times
Reputation: 1975
It was said that the knife was in the vicinity of the bedroom/bathroom because it was used to cut rope they used to tie Jodi up during sex.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 06:31 AM
 
25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
Reputation: 13868
How convenient to take the knife and the gun (nobody knew that Travis even had a gun while he went on shooting trips so why wouldn't he share this info?) and putting the camera in the washer hoping nothing could be discovered.

Within 2 min.he was shot, stabbed 29 times and his throat was cut open ear to ear...wow that sounds like someone who has practiced since it will be hard to do in that small amount of time.

Thanks to all the great detectives and lab people who doing such a fine job.

I agree with a previous posted that life in prison without parole would also be a very nice sentence...but hopefully the death penalty will be given because if there was one case that it would fit the crime than it is IMO this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top