U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM

665 posts, read 864,310 times

Advertisements

Oh, that is funny, I wonder who will play JA in the TV movie?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM

665 posts, read 864,310 times
Poor Travis probably thought he died and went to heaven when he met JA, little did he know she would really send him to heaven. I feel so sorry for his family, it must be like hell sitting in that court room.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM

9,151 posts, read 7,214,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I feel so sorry for the family of Travis Alexander. Not only did she slaughter him but she is trying to slaughter his reputation by claiming all kinds of things about him liking children and lots more, all in an effort to make herself look good. I can only imagine how hurt and outraged they must be, having to sit there quietly and listen to that garbage.

Yes, Travis got caught up in some sexual experimentation with Jodi, but it is nothing most of us didn't do when we were young. She lured him into those sex games and not many young men would refuse that kind of attention from a young lady.

The bottom line is, she was furious that he was taking another lady on vacation and if she couldn't have him no one else could. How she can claim 29 stab wounds, a slit throat, then throwing in a shot to the head were self defense is preposterous. I just hope we don't have people with the same dumbness sitting on this jury that they had in the Casey Anthony case.
She "lured" him into sex? Oh please! He was almost 30. Was getting kicked out of the singles ward soon so he was trying to find a "worthy" woman to marry. At that age and with that incentive, if he couldn't say no to sex with someone he already decided wasn't for him, then he had some pretty serious problems too.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
She "lured" him into sex? Oh please! He was almost 30. Was getting kicked out of the singles ward soon so he was trying to find a "worthy" woman to marry. At that age and with that incentive, if he couldn't say no to sex with someone he already decided wasn't for him, then he had some pretty serious problems too.
"Lured or introduced" it doesn't matter. It is clear that most new things came from Jodi and we don't have to feel sorry for Travis for that but that doesn't mean that there is so far anything that justifies for any person to die like this unless the person is a monster and beats up the other person, rapes the person, etc.

There is nothing, no reason why she had to drive there and couldn't leave. She went there to have sex and nobody would do that if Travis was so mean.

Jodi can't even come up with a reasonable explanation other than that she and maybe her lawyer will believe it.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
Quote:
I can understand your comment, coming from the female perspective, but I am talking from the male point of view. We men will only go as far as the woman we are with will let us. When I was in my late teens and early 20's I ran around with some pretty wild women, and pushed things as far as they would let me go. But when I was with a "nice" girl, I respected the limits they put on things and didn't act the same way. I think most young guys have had a "Jodi" sometime in their life, a woman who brought out our uninhibited side. I know I had a few of my own.

Travis was a young guy and from all accounts pretty inexperienced. When Jodi came along and began to participate in things he had never done before it was probably very hard for him to resist those urges. None of the other women in his life saw that side of him because they were not using their sex to move things ahead in the same way Jodi was.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,702,045 times
Quote:
We men will only go as far as the woman we are with will let us.
This is total hog wash

Did you forget about rape?
Did you forget about human sex slave trafficking...i.e. forced prostitution?
Did you forget about Andrew Luster?
Did you forget about the Date Rape Drugs?
Did you forget about the fact that mostly men are the ones who commit child molestation and rape?

Last edited by TVC15; 03-12-2013 at 01:44 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
I'm not talking about rapists and perverts, I'm talking about your average, red blooded young male. If the lady we are with is adventurous it gives us "permission" to also be adventurous. My initial point was that Jodi was his "Mrs. Robinson" and helped him explore sexual situations he probably had never had in his life. I'm not saying he was totally innocent in the affair, but he certainly wouldn't have behaved that way with a lady who didn't allow those things to go on.

We men all know there are girls you took home to meet Mom and girls that you didn't. If you think otherwise, you have been living in a vacuum.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,702,045 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about rapists and perverts, I'm talking about your average, red blooded young male. If the lady we are with is adventurous it gives us "permission" to also be adventurous. My initial point was that Jodi was his "Mrs. Robinson" and helped him explore sexual situations he probably had never had in his life. I'm not saying he was totally innocent in the affair, but he certainly wouldn't have behaved that way with a lady who didn't allow those things to go on.

We men all know there are girls you took home to meet Mom and girls that you didn't. If you think otherwise, you have been living in a vacuum.
Where did you get the idea that I think otherwise?

I was commenting on your statement that men only will go as far as a woman will let her. We all know that is hogwash and if you think otherwise then you are certainly living in a vacuum.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM

71,964 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Maybe lured isn't the right word, but she did lead him into whatever. He may have had some serious problems, but he didn't ask to be murdered and she is so guilty it isn't funny. Just get on with it and bring this thing to a close before this overlaps into the Zimmerman trial, sorta like basketball overlaps into baseball.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,670 times
Fantasizing about a 12 year old girl climaxing is not in the realm of sexual fantasy or exploration, is a indication of pedophilia. The red flag here is Travis's own words..."12 young old girl"....

Pedophilia is a disorder characterized by an arousal or interest in prepubescent children with the cut off age to be up to age 13.

Travis did not say teenager, or 16 year old, the legal consent age in most states. He said "12 year old".

Freudian slip or window into his subconscious. this is very telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime