U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,824,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Fantasizing about a 12 year old girl climaxing is not in the realm of sexual fantasy or exploration, is a indication of pedophilia. The red flag here is Travis's own words..."12 young old girl"....

Pedophilia is a disorder characterized by an arousal or interest in prepubescent children with the cut off age to be up to age 13.

Travis did not say teenager, or 16 year old, the legal consent age in most states. He said "12 year old".

Freudian slip or window into his subconscious. this is very telling.
I think he said that because Jodi was talking in a child-like voice on that tape.

I wonder if even then she was setting up her defense because she knew she was going to kill him.
Psycho's are called psycho for a reason. As far as we know, that is the ONLY time she taped one of their calls. Why, I wonder?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,975,704 times
3/12/13

Jodi's not in the mainstream news today - was the trial in session? If not why not?

Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,670 times
Quote:
Due to the “personal commitments” of a few jurors, there will be no trial next Monday or Tuesday… the trial will therefore resume again next Wednesday – March 13th… in effect making it a 2-day week.
I heard they had prior appointments.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think he said that because Jodi was talking in a child-like voice on that tape.

I wonder if even then she was setting up her defense because she knew she was going to kill him.
Psycho's are called psycho for a reason. As far as we know, that is the ONLY time she taped one of their calls. Why, I wonder?
I agree with you...Jodi was acting like a child and was living he rown fantay as far as I understand since she is playing an act all the time on the stand. No person with common sense can believe a word coming out of her mouth.

To Don...I understand what you are saying and I think you are right. The average man will go as far as the woman will go and the average woman will go as far as she wants to go and no woman with common sense will go further than she wants to go unless it is under pressure byt some kind of rapist or sadist.

Travis doesn't seem to be either one of them. His previous girlfriend was on the stand and very clear that he never pushed her and Jodi went all the way there driving for hours to get sex with him since I believe she liked that she had the power to do with him what she wanted until he said "NO" and that was it!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
I'm sorry if I took this discussion in a direction that was off the main subject. I was just trying to point out that although she is trying to make him look like a monster, and some of the tapes might be a little disturbing, he was just playing the game with her, a game she was encouraging. We guys are weak that way and sometimes think with parts of our anatomy that we shouldn't.

Anyway, as far as the premeditation factor, there are so many facts to point that direction, such as:

1) Her renting a car and one that wasn't flashy red so it would be remembered by anyone who might have seen it there.

2) Filling gas cans so that she wouldn't be stopping at gas stations that might have video cameras.

3) Her Grandfather having the same caliber pistol stolen one week before the murder as the one that killed Travis.

4) Shooting him, stabbing him 29 times, and then slitting his throat. That was overkill and pure rage. Who has access to a gun AND a knife in a bathroom ?

5) The coverup emails and messages she left after the murder to distance herself from even being there.

and on and on and on..........

Jodi is an extremely crafty fabricator of stories and a very good liar. If you listen to her first two versions of the events ( one that she wasn't there, and the second one where she said Ninjas came in and did it) that takes some pretty creative thinking. She was able to throw in minute details and make the stories flow so seamlessly that they almost seem believable........almost.

Her latest BS story about him getting off on 12 year old boys and all of that is just more of her creativity in an effort to make him look like a creep and an abuser. Another sin in all of this is that it totally hurts REAL victims of domestic violence and makes us suspect when someone truly has this happening in their life. I hope this jury is smart enough to see through all this.......all 12 of them.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 PM

The best sentence out of Jodi's mouth to me is;

"If I did this I deserve the death penalty"... But then she added that she didn't do it...now she has admitted it so what is stopping the jurors from doing what she stated herself...

Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Quote:
Fantasizing about a 12 year old girl climaxing is not in the realm of sexual fantasy or exploration, is a indication of pedophilia. The red flag here is Travis's own words..."12 young old girl"....

[/i]
Sexual fantasies are just that. All kinds of roleplay goes on between consenting adults who know the difference between fantasy and reality. You cannot jump to the conclusion that he was fantasizing about an actual 12 year old, or ever would have, based on one random sentence in the middle of a phone sex session, any more than Bill O'Reilly really would have done what he claimed with that falafel.

Travis isn't here to defend himself. The only person trying to claim he was a pedophile is a known pathological liar & narcissist using her last moment in the spotlight to defame the character of the man she butchered to death.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Sexual fantasies are just that. All kinds of roleplay goes on between consenting adults who know the difference between fantasy and reality. You cannot jump to the conclusion that he was fantasizing about an actual 12 year old, or ever would have, based on one random sentence in the middle of a phone sex session, any more than Bill O'Reilly really would have done what he claimed with that falafel.

Travis isn't here to defend himself. The only person trying to claim he was a pedophile is a known pathological liar & narcissist using her last moment in the spotlight to defame the character of the man she butchered to death.
Correct all we have is basically hearsay coming from a proved liar. She is her own worst enemy.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM

9 posts, read 10,861 times
She brought the gun in case her first stab to Travis missed its mark, and he would attempt to escape. She couldn't allow that to happen, because she would have been arrested that same day - AND - Travis might have gotten help and recovered. The idea of him living his life w/o her was unthinkable.

Although she had to know he was dead when she put him into the shower, I think her rage was the catalyst for shooting him. She knew he suffered before he died, because she told Flores she would have just shot him so it would be more humane. She slipped up on that and expressed guilty knowledge. I hope Martinez caught that and plays it for the jury.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 AM

9 posts, read 10,861 times
I absolutely agree with all you've said. I was not terribly shocked at the 12-year-old girl reference either - and the fact that Jodi wore braids & baby-talked to Travis likely influenced the remark.

I suspect Travis became obsessed with sex because Jodi was so free and imaginable when it came to that; he was not accustomed to females who behaved that way - according to the testimony of those who knew him. I actually knew a man who was nearing 50 before he finally found a girlfriend. They married and, being unaccustomed to having a sexual partner, he bragged to any who would listen where, when and how often he and his bride thusly engaged. It reminds me of how Travis behaved when communicating (privately) to Jodi about the subject. Kid in a candy store - that's how he and Travis behaved & that's why I suspect Travis really was a virgin until he met a sexually-agressive woman. He sounded believable when he told her he never pleasured himself until she came along and then did so frequently.

Men, pay attention to the many voices of Jodi Arias, to her many personalities, to her kittenish and innocent affectations and know that those are masks she wore to manipulate and entrap Travis Alexander. Not all such women would do what she did, but no one needs a partner who manipulates them with that kind of false charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime