U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 AM

25,885 posts, read 39,178,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Listening to the shrink tonight...so Jodi suffers from PTSD, but no one is pointing out that that condition could also be caused by being the perpetrator of a crime, although it was briefly noted earlier.

I love that he said when people are under stress they generally feel that time is slowing down; Jodi never mentioned feeling like that. On the contrary, she said everything went 'very fast'.

He also said that when people are in fear for their lives, their life history passes before them (Travis mentioned that in that video). Jodi never mentioned anything like that.

I hope Juan brings up these inconsistencies in his cross...
Great point, you should become a prosecutor!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM

NEW VIDEO: Jodi Arias Stands on Her Head After Detective Leaves Interrogation Room | Fox News Insider

NEW VIDEO: Jodi Arias Stands on Her Head After Detective Leaves Interrogation Room

Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
NEW VIDEO: Jodi Arias Stands on Her Head After Detective Leaves Interrogation Room | Fox News Insider

NEW VIDEO: Jodi Arias Stands on Her Head After Detective Leaves Interrogation Room
Creepy!!!

Must have given the cops a good laugh..LOL

Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,985,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
But because he was murdered, no one wants to look at his psychological disbalance. They want to blame it on him being *****-whipped and that's not enough of an explanation for an intelligent man who had he whole life ahead of him.
You're saying that because he may have had a psychological unbalance (which we all have), he therefore deserved to be murdered? Why are you making him the one at fault? Isn't Jodi doing a good enough job at that?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,985,208 times
Quote:
Now she can rot in a prison for 23 hours a day if the jurors are smart and from the questions I got to believe that they are very smart.
I hope you are right but I fear perhaps not. Jodi is very smart. The way she is presenting herself may be confounding the jury. Her actions (violent murder) and words (pathological lying) may possibly be canceled out by her good girl/nice girl look, the ironed blouses, the eyeglasses, the soft-spoken self confident answers even if they are BS. I'm thinking there's those on the jury who will be swayed by this. I"m cynical b/c of that other liar, Casey Anthony. The jury wasn't too swift with her.

So you think she'll get life or death?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
You're saying that because he may have had a psychological unbalance (which we all have), he therefore deserved to be murdered? Why are you making him the one at fault? Isn't Jodi doing a good enough job at that?

No, of course he doesn't deserved to be murdered. This trial isn't a "Who Done It??". Jodi already admitted to the killing, and the evidence proves she was there.

The trial takes place in America. We have Constitutional Law, the United States is a Christian Nation., We don't use Sharia Law, Law of Islam.

This trial consists of 2 Counts of First Degree Murder.

Presenting Travis's psychological behaviors has a huge effect on the jury's decision of whether or not the death of Travis was completely pre-meditated before Jodi entered the house that day.

If Jodi did not go there intending to kill him, [after being invited, having sex on and off for 8 hours], than some triggering event set her off. That would be 2nd degree murder. It would be Manslaughter, if the jury thinks she snaps out of jealousy, [Crime of Passion].

Everyone watches HNL/CNN and Jane Valez Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew who are sensationalizing this trial on TV. The coverage is biased and unbalanced. They screech DEATH PENALTY!!!! and everyone follows like lemmings and agrees.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-15-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,828,996 times
Quote:

Everyone watches HNL/CNN and Jane Valez Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew who are sensationalizing this trial on TV. The coverage is biased and unbalanced and everybody falls for it.
I have to disagree. I have been able to see a good portion of the trial, starting with when she first took the stand on direct, before I had watched any of those shows. I knew based on what I saw that she was NOT a battered woman, that she IS a narcissist and a liar. Her whole performance is fake, fake, fake.

I mean, when she was undergoing direct she made it seem that all those sex things were somehow abhorrent to her; she'd put her head down and say in a meek voice, "yes, I did those things but only because I wanted to please Travis". Under cross, she admitted (with SMILES!) that she enjoyed the sex and they planned together whatever kinky sex they wanted to try.

And that shrink (Mister, not Doctor, BTW) is full of bull. People don't remember traumatic events?!?!?!?

Uh, yes, they do!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
No, of course he doesn't deserved to be murdered. This trial isn't a "Who Done It??". Jodi already admitted to the killing, and the evidence proves she was there.

This trial consists of 2 Counts of First Degree Murder.

Presenting Travis's psychological behaviors has a huge effect on the jury's decision of whether or not the death[homicide} was completely pre-meditated before Jodi entered the house that day.

Perhaps, she did not go there, intending to kill him, after being invited, having sex on and off for 8 hours, than had some triggering event set her off. That would be 2nd degree murder. It would be Manslaughter, if the jury thinks she snaps out of jealousy, [Crime of Passion].

Not everything is presented. It's like a Magic show and the Prosecutor shows what he wants the jury to see and excludes what he doesn't. Notice he doesn't show the knife, or evidence photo's from the dishwasher that matched Travis's wounds. That would explain one of the murder weapons not being pre meditated.

Everyone watches HNL/CNN and Jane Valez Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew who are sensationalizing this trial on TV. The coverage is biased and unbalanced and everybody falls for it.
The jurors can also decide manslaughter and 2nd degree murder....anything less than 1st degree with no parole will be sad.

Someone like Jodi is a danger for society and to be honest a danger for fellow inmates too, IMO, but then they shouldn't have done anything to end up there so i'm not too worried about the other inmates as I'm for innocent people.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 PM

151 posts, read 183,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
But this what probably happen. She probably did all that overt sexual stuff thinking it would win her a wedding and perfect life and he probably promised it continuously and after all that strong sexual deviant sh*t she did with and converting to his religion he dropped her for some random chick who didn't do half of the stuff she had to do and he was going to attempt to marry her in the future ? She probably snapped lol. It's like building a house yourself and someone else gets to live in it.
I think that is exactly what happened.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,581,201 times
Quote:

I saw that today. This girl is totally nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime