U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,967,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
I saw that today. This girl is totally nuts.
She's totally smart. Doing those antics (seeing the camera posted) would in her mind show proof that she's nuts and should get off on an insanity plea. Reminds me of those who tried to get out of the draft during Vietnam by pretending to be nuts.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,722,731 times
did you listen to the sextapes? so embarrassing even i had to stop it a couple of times

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM

4,753 posts, read 6,524,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The jurors can also decide manslaughter and 2nd degree murder....anything less than 1st degree with no parole will be sad.
I'm not sure this is true. Jodi attempted to get the State to agree to a plea for 2nd degree and they rejected her offer. She then threatened to drag the victim and his friends through the mud if they took her to trial.

I think there was a change in Arizona law last year that said that a judge can ask juries to consider lesser charges even if either or both sides (prosecution and defense) disagree.

So in this case, we will need to see first whether or not either side requests less charges, then whether either side disagrees, and then whether the judge will offer them to the jury.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Wow!!! That's HUGE!! Watch Jodi get 2nd, therefore it'll be the states fault Travis's name and friends got dragged thru the mug because of the states refusal to be reasonable. Travis's family will have no one to blame but the state.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 AM

39,527 posts, read 47,687,050 times
Here's the story about the deal...

Did Jodi Arias try to make a plea deal? | HLNtv.com

Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 AM

25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I hope you are right but I fear perhaps not. Jodi is very smart. The way she is presenting herself may be confounding the jury. Her actions (violent murder) and words (pathological lying) may possibly be canceled out by her good girl/nice girl look, the ironed blouses, the eyeglasses, the soft-spoken self confident answers even if they are BS. I'm thinking there's those on the jury who will be swayed by this. I"m cynical b/c of that other liar, Casey Anthony. The jury wasn't too swift with her.

So you think she'll get life or death?
I don't know why the media is compairing the 2.

Casey never admitted anything and never took the stand.

Jodi admitted to have murdered/slaughtered him...then this stupid psych is comparing what she has to a hero who went to Afghanistan...wow I wonder if any of the jurors has a military person in their family and how they like that family membe or friend to be compaired to Jodi the evil witch.

The jurors questions were all pointing to dis believe of what she was saying and doubting her.

Jodi's behavior on the stand and not willing to answer any question of JM but been obnoxious on almost every question while being the soft spoken all telling witness when it came to sex and when her lawyer was asking question should for any person with common sens be very clear!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I'm not sure this is true. Jodi attempted to get the State to agree to a plea for 2nd degree and they rejected her offer. She then threatened to drag the victim and his friends through the mud if they took her to trial.

I think there was a change in Arizona law last year that said that a judge can ask juries to consider lesser charges even if either or both sides (prosecution and defense) disagree.

So in this case, we will need to see first whether or not either side requests less charges, then whether either side disagrees, and then whether the judge will offer them to the jury.
Idk but I heard on tv that these options were all on the table...

Old 03-16-2013, 05:42 AM

Btw the jurors have to live with anything that happens if the punishment is not long enough and the person commits another crime...the jurors in the Casey Anthony trial may have to deal with that in the future...

I believe the jurors in Arizona are smarter then the ones in that case. Just by listening to the questions they asked you can hear that they are able to ask very good questions and the defense lawyer tried very ard to get a lot of them out...

Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,819,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Wow!!! That's HUGE!! Watch Jodi get 2nd, therefore it'll be the states fault Travis's name and friends got dragged thru the mug because of the states refusal to be reasonable. Travis's family will have no one to blame but the state.
Maybe the prosecution was pressured by Travis' family to go for first degree murder, thinking second would be too light of a sentence. That happens, sometimes.

However, the only person to blame is Jodi. If I knew the family I certainly would not think their names were dragged through the mud, and would not think lesser of any of them. What people do in their private lives is just that...private. If it's not illegal then it's no one's business. If Travis wanted to have kinky sex, well, he's an individual (or, he WAS), that doesn't mean all his friends and family are having kinky sex.

The only people who are being besmirched by Jodi's testimony, IMO, are the REAL victims of domestic violence.

EDIT: I just read the article posted above. To me it seems the defense was essentially trying to blackmail the prosecution. I'm sure the prosecutor discussed this with Alexander's family before going forward with the trial.

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 03-16-2013 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: Additional comment.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM

JM had a successful death sentence verdict in 2004;

Back in 2004, Wendi Andriano was found guilty of the 2000 murder of her terminally ill husband, 33-year-old Joseph Andriano. During her trial, Martinez characterized Andriano as a manipulative, cheating wife who killed her cancer-stricken husband in an “especially cruel” way, according to the East Valley Tribune. On the contrary, Andriano’s defense attorneys painted her as a meek and battered wife desperate for affection, the Tribune reported.

Two years before he was killed, Joseph Andriano was diagnosed with metastatic adenoid cystic carcinoma. At that time, the cancer had spread to his lungs and his condition was deemed terminal. He had no choice but to stop working. Resentful of her responsibilities as a wife and mother of two young children, Martinez argued Andriano hatched a scheme to kill her husband and profit from his death, according to court documents.

In the early morning hours of October 8, 2000, Andriano called 911 to report that her husband was having a heart attack at their Ahwatukee Foothills, Arizona home. However, when paramedics arrived, Andriano turned them away, screaming at them to leave. Hours later, Andriano called 911 again to report that she had stabbed and beaten her husband in self-defense, according to court documents. Responding paramedics entered the couple’s apartment and found Joseph Andriano lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

A medical examiner determined Joseph Andriano was struck 23 times in the back of the head with a bar stool, court documents state. Defensive wounds on his hands and wrists indicated that he was conscious for at least part of the attack. He also sustained a slit to his throat, and trace amounts of the pesticide sodium azide were found in his blood and gastric contents.
The woman Jodi Arias' prosecutor put on death row | HLNtv.com

click on the link to read the entire story.

I don't think JM let himself put up to something he isn't convinced of doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime