U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM

5,176 posts, read 8,699,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Shake View Post
I think that is exactly what happened.
I think Jodi wanted a life with Travis and would do whatever. She saw the sex as something she was good at, enjoyed but in the end, wanted that life with him. I think she went there to win him back and after 8-10 hours of supposedly good sex, he is still going to Cancun with the other woman. She went to Plan B.

I also think she brought the gun but you can't prove it.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,844,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I think Jodi wanted a life with Travis and would do whatever. She saw the sex as something she was good at, enjoyed but in the end, wanted that life with him. I think she went there to win him back and after 8-10 hours of supposedly good sex, he is still going to Cancun with the other woman. She went to Plan B.

I agree with you. I think whatever conversation passed between Travis and Jodi made her finally realize that there was not going to be a future for the them. I don't doubt that he may have been nasty about the situation but not seriously threatening to her life.

I wonder if this was the first time there was a "plan B" that was for whatever reason not acted upon.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:51 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
She's totally smart. Doing those antics (seeing the camera posted) would in her mind show proof that she's nuts and should get off on an insanity plea. Reminds me of those who tried to get out of the draft during Vietnam by pretending to be nuts.

I agree she knew the cam was on and she was certainly playing her part. My husband is a Vietnam Vet and we have a neighbor that got out of the draft pretending he was nuts. I don't think I will ever forget that ... he took his imaginary dog with him when he was called up and they sent him and his imaginary dog home.

On the table for Jodi is the death penalty ... could the jury opt for life without parole? If they go the manslaughter route what would or could that sentence be ... I just hope they don't let her walk.

I don't care for the shrink on the stand now and can't wait until it's JM's time to cross ... a doctor shouldn't have to read from a book ... he should know his stuff.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,049,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

Jodi Arias also desperately wanted to be "White" (hence the hair died nearly platinum blonde), desperately wanted a White man and a "White" life. I've known MANY Hispanic women who are just like her.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,844,272 times
I may have missed it but I did not see anything in the trial that referred to ethnicity. Many women bleach/dye their hair. I don't see that a s a clear indication she wanted to be "white".

Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,857,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Jodi Arias also desperately wanted to be "White" (hence the hair died nearly platinum blonde), desperately wanted a White man and a "White" life. I've known MANY Hispanic women who are just like her.
I agree.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I may have missed it but I did not see anything in the trial that referred to ethnicity. Many women bleach/dye their hair. I don't see that a s a clear indication she wanted to be "white".

Sorry but I have seen this happen time and time again with personal friends who are Latina. Dying the hair blonde (not highlights but completely blonde), making certain that the hair is always bone straight, contact lenses (for lighter colored eyes), nose jobs, disassociating from ANYTHING even remotely related to Latin culture, pretending that they do not speak Spanish when they were raised bilingual, telling White guys that they are "Italian" instead of Latina. I have seen it ALL.

And when a White guys dump them they go koo-koo stalker crazy. I have far too many stories that I could share about how angry these women become when they were rejected or dumped by a White guy....very scary to watch even from the sidelines as just a friend. I have witnessed some very vindictive, vengeful behavior in relation to these breakups. And these are college-educated, middle/upper middle class Latinas, too.

Last edited by calipoppy; 03-16-2013 at 07:24 PM..

Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,910 times
She's only half-Hispanic at most. What is a "white life" and how do you know she she "desperately wanted a white man"? I don't see what race has to do with this case...she was obsessed with Travis because he was the one she couldn't have, and she's a psychopath.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,910 times
Sorry, I think that's really reaching. She didn't stalk and kill the other white guys she went out with and there were several.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Sorry, I think that's really reaching. She didn't stalk and kill the other white guys she went out with and there were several.
We have no idea whether or not she stalked those other guys. Travis may have seemed like the only one of those guys who could actually give her the lifestyle that she desperately wanted.

How many Hispanic guys did she happen date?

No one wants to talk about this because they don't want to believe that some people have racial motives when selecting romantic partners. Again, I have witnessed Latinas becoming vicious when they are rejected by White men. No need to reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime