U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,840,538 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how the sex tapes were introduced? Were they in Jodi's possession? I am just curious because she talks about protecting Travis's reputation. Keeping them after the murder does not makes sense if that was true.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM

25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Can anyone tell me how the sex tapes were introduced? Were they in Jodi's possession? I am just curious because she talks about protecting Travis's reputation. Keeping them after the murder does not makes sense if that was true.
It was Jodi who taped them and had them and nobody knows if travis was aware of them, only hearsay and probably due to the chance for appeals, is why they were allowed into the trial.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 PM

31,359 posts, read 19,608,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Those are very valid points on abuse. Excellent at showing how abusers manipulate.

I was referring to the legal strategy chosen by the state, and how it may backfire on them.
If Jodi get's convicted of anything less than 1st degree,then it would have been unnecessary for Travis's alleged dirty details to broadcast at court, and all over the media.

The defense strategy was, if the plea for 2nd degree wasn't accepted, to play dirty hardball. And they did.

I don't know if Juan held out for 1st degree and wants to put another woman on death row, or if it was the states decision, and if Travis's family had any input one way or another.
Personally, I believe Jodi planned for this murder days or weeks ahead. I am sure the prosecutor also believes this based on evidence. Why should our justice system be held hostage by a manipulative, lying, narcissistic murderer? Let the chips fall where they may but don't let the charged manipulate the charges.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Okay. Please keep this thread focused on the case. Issues regarding race will be moderated. Thank you.
Jasper12

Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM

We just had a murder trial in Tampa which cost 1.12 million and was only lasting a week or perhaps 2 so can you imagine what this trial will cost?

Jury finds Dontae Morris guilty of murder | Tampa Bay Times

This man will face more trials in the future but hotels costs since the trial had to be moved, etc. were making this so costly. I understand the State wants to go for the other murders to trial too in case one gets overturned but what this scumbag is costing the State and to feed him for the rest of his life is costing even more, that makes me in favor of the death penalty since this scumbag killed 2 police officers and Jodi confessed so no fears the wrong person will be convicted...at least 12 years whih is the average time to put to death is shorter then her life probably would be otherwise behind bars.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,840,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It was Jodi who taped them and had them and nobody knows if travis was aware of them, only hearsay and probably due to the chance for appeals, is why they were allowed into the trial.
It's usually against the law to tape someone without their knowledge....was this presented?

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
At last ... the cross examination of the shrink! It has been a great day for the prosecution ... JM asked the shrink the name of the test he administered to Jodi ... without looking at his book ... what is the name of the test .... duhhh .... duhhhh ... then shrink is flipping pages in his notebook.

Juan Martinez is the only voice in that courtroom for Travis Alexander and he did an excellent job today.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
It's usually against the law to tape someone without their knowledge....was this presented?
I don't think so. So much was allowed what normally would be considered hearsay just to protect Jodi verdict from being thrown out on appeal.

Jodi claims that Trevor was aware and was the one who wanted to tape it after Jodi discovered her phone could record it...uhm

Jodi and the truth....

Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We just had a murder trial in Tampa which cost 1.12 million and was only lasting a week or perhaps 2 so can you imagine what this trial will cost?

Jury finds Dontae Morris guilty of murder | Tampa Bay Times

This man will face more trials in the future but hotels costs since the trial had to be moved, etc. were making this so costly. I understand the State wants to go for the other murders to trial too in case one gets overturned but what this scumbag is costing the State and to feed him for the rest of his life is costing even more, that makes me in favor of the death penalty since this scumbag killed 2 police officers and Jodi confessed so no fears the wrong person will be convicted...at least 12 years whih is the average time to put to death is shorter then her life probably would be otherwise behind bars.

Good Morning America just said this trial has cost $800,000 dollars so far to tax payers.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,967,079 times
What's going on with the trial? Is it on a break? Nothing in the news this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime