U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,156,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To me the scary part is that Jodi is copying all of her lawyers moves. That is freaky..

That is aside from someone deciding to make her like the twin sister...
bentlebee,

I'd be getting the paperwork finished right now for no contact order with her, if it were me (and that includes for those incarcerated).

MSR

Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,670 times
(If you can't see the print, click on the image to make it bigger.)

It's a boot print. This was done in WET blood, so the detectives couldn't have accidentally contaminated the crime scene by walking in it, the blood would have been dried by then. I couldn't get a forensic report.

Juan already stated Jodi wore socks, and the photograph shows a bare foot.

Zach Billings also stated that he did the laundry on Sat.June 7, then when asked again he changed it to Wed June 4.
In a follow-up interview he then stated he wasn’t positive, but he thought he'd done the laundry on Tues. June 3 morning… but went on to say the clothing found in the washing machine was either TA’s or Enrique’s because TA “would never wash his whites with colors”.
Zach Billing's rented a car the day Travis was killed. When questioned he said his car was broken.
He knows a lot more than he’s letting on.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-24-2013 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that I have never heard discussed in court or on any of the TV shows is where were the roommates during that 5 day period ? I am not saying any of them were involved, but rather, why didn't they detect any odors or see anything odd. The people who finally found Travis said the whole house smelled horrible, so you would think people living in the house would have smelled it too.

After all the theories we have thrown out about whether Travis was a good guy or a bad guy, one thing can not be overlooked..............he was not only shot, but was also stabbed 29 times and had his throat cut. That is OVERKILL and shows that the person who did it (Jodi) was enraged.

What we are also forgetting is that Jodi is not your average run of the mill liar.......she is a very smart, creative liar. When her first story about her not even being there didn't fly she immediately switched gears and came up with a totally different story about the Ninjas attacking them. She was able to fabricate intricate details about that "attack", down to the smallest bits and pieces. Then, when that story wasn't going to work, she suddenly comes up with the final version, where she was fighting for her life. To sweeten the story and make Travis really look like he might have attacked her, she throws in the part about him liking 12 year old boys, to put the icing on that cake.

Jodi took some cues from Casey Anthony in developing her story. Casey accused her Father and Brother of molesting her, so Jodi builds her story off of that........She said her Mom beat her with a wooden spoon and Travis was a pedophile. When you think about it, she was pretty smart to do that as everyone detests a child molester, and she felt the jury would too.

The sex aspect of this story doesn't alter the bottom line. Yes, they were exploring and experimenting with what some might call kinky sex, but I bet most of us have at one time or another done some things behind closed bedroom doors that would fall into the same category. Humans are sexual by nature and when you get two consenting adults together they will sometimes try new things. Travis had never been with a girl who gave him the freedom to do the things he and Jodi did, and he simply went with it. Unfortunately for him, he chose a very sick young lady to have that relationship with.

Don
Great post, Don.

I also share some of your questions and hope someone has information. I've never understood where the roommates were either. My understanding is it was the roommates who did find him as they thought he had gone on the Cancun trip so not seeing him for a few days was what they thought was going to happen.

I've wondered about the odor portion too. That being said, I haven't hear or seen any info about what temp Arias left Travis' living area when she left. Maybe she turned the AC as low as it would go. And I still am not clear about the floorplan of the house and which roommate lived where. I think Travis had probably half the space and the other two potentially shared the same amount he did on the other side of his house? I don't know, that's just one thought.

I do remember the one roommate saying they had to use keys to get into T.A.'s living area, so that makes me think there must have been some type of a wall barrier between his living/office area and what the roommates had. I wish someone had a diagram of all the house and could better explain more about the roommates.

I agree Arias can change her lies instantly. She is very clever and smart when it comes to protecting her interests. That's part of what is frightening is she really does look like a female sociopath to me, but do we see those traits as fast in women as men? No offense meant to all males, just sayin''''' that is perhaps one of the big draws to this trial is watching another jury in action and would they fall for the lies like I believe happened in the Anthony trial. Or did we wise up a bit as society and realize "pretty, 20s-young 30s females" can be sociopaths too and guilty of crimes most of us can't even comprehend?

MSR

Old 03-24-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
(If you can't see the print, click on the image to make it bigger.)

It's a boot print. This was done in WET blood, so the detectives couldn't have accidentally contaminated the crime scene by walking in it, the blood would have been dried by then. I couldn't get a forensic report.

Juan already stated Jodi wore socks, and the photograph shows a bare foot.

Zach Billings also stated that he did the laundry on Sat.June 7, then when asked again he changed it to Wed June 4.
In a follow-up interview he then stated he wasn’t positive, but he thought he'd done the laundry on Tues. morning… but went on to say the clothing found in the washing machine was either TA’s or Enrique’s because TA “would never wash his whites with colors”.
Zach Billing's rented a car the day Travis was killed. When questioned he said his car was broken.
He knows a lot more than he’s letting on.
Interesting and thanks, trinity1111. Any idea if there is a diagram/floor plan anywhere for the public to see of the entire house?

Good info to try to track further.

MSR

Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 AM

According to the Flores Police Report, Ashley Reed (Thompson) called in an anonymous tip claiming her husband Dustin Thompson should be investigated with regards to TA’s death. Click here to read Ashley Reed’s autopsy report from March 5th 2010.

Here’s an excerpt from page 12 of the Flores Police Report:
On 6-11-08, I received a tip through the Apache Junction Police Department. They had received an anonymous phone call from a female who stated we needed to look at a person named Dustin Thompson as someone who might have something to do with or might have information regarding the death of Travis Alexander. The message was short, but they were able to trace the phone number. Utilizing the phone number provided by A.J.P.D. we were able to get the subscriber information on that number, which returned to a cellular phone owned by Dustin Thompson.
A records check revealed that Dustin Thompson was married to a female named Ashley Thompson who worked at Dillard’s distribution center located in Gilbert, AZ. On 6-12-08 at 1530 hours, Detective D. Kaufman #11674 and I met with Ashley at her work for a brief interview. Ashley had a cellular phone with her during the interview. We asked for her cell phone number and confirmed it was the same number that had called in the tip to A.J.P.D. We did not confront her about the phone tip, because we were still in the process of gathering intelligence on her husband, Dustin.
Ashley confirmed she and Travis were close friends and mentioned they had known each other for about three years. She said her husband also knew Travis. During the interview, she kept referring to her husband, Dustin, as her ex-husband. She explained that they were currently in the process of a divorce and is currently living separately from him. She said they were having financial issues and it was causing stress in their marriage.
Ashley gave us basic information regarding her relationship with Travis saying they were just friends and nothing else. The last time she actually saw him or talked with him was at his last UFC (Ultimate Fighting Champion) party about three weeks ago. She said Travis would have UFC parties about every Wednesday where they would watch the fights. She said she tried to call him on Monday the 9th of June, but she didn’t get an answer. She stated that she first heard about Travis’ death the day after he was founds. She heard from another mutual friend named Deanna. Ashley said her husband, Dustin found out about Travis that first night. When she talked to Dustin, he told her he found out that first night and went over to see what was going on. Ashley gave us information about her husband, Dustin, including his work address and work schedule. She never mentioned during the entire interview that she was the one who called in with the anonymous phone tip. We finished the interview and asked if we could contact her again if we had any questions.
She said that was fine.
Here’s an additional excerpt from page 17 of the Flores Police Report:
After his interview with Ashley Thompson, Detective Kaufman briefed me on his findings. He said Ashley did confirm that she was the one who called A.J.P.D. and left the anonymous information about her husband. She explained that she and her husband were having a lot of difficulties and he was just acting strange during that time. She and Travis were very close and she had even asked Travis about moving in with him as a roommate after her separation from her husband, Dustin. Both she and Travis agreed it was not a good idea she move in, because of the way it might look. They were just good friends and they didn’t want people to think something inappropriate was going on. After Travis was found she thought how strange Dustin had been acting. It was during the few weeks leading up to Travis’ death that she had moved out to her own apartment and they were both dealing with the possible foreclosure of their house.
Dustin Thompson was not interviewed that day, because of time constraints. He did agree to come in on another day for an interview if needed.
Medical examiner , Maricopa County. Opinion: Ashley Reed committed 'suicide' on March 3rd 2010, a single gunshot wound to the head.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-24-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM

This is the original report filed by Detective Flores who arrived on the scene when Travis' roommates discovered him deceased.

Notice Zach and his girlfriend were in an upstairs bedroom, with Travis's decomposing body on the same floor.
Also, he didn't answer the door when Marie (the woman Travis was taking to Cancun) and friends came over to check on Travis since he was not answering any calls for several days.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
As Martinez said in his opening statement, "This isn't a case of whodunit, the killer is sitting right here in this courtroom." Jodi has confessed and already said she did it alone. As slippery as she is, if someone were in it with her she would have thrown them under the bus long ago to save her own skin.

The only question left is, was this premeditated ? To me it clearly was well planned and executed by Jodi. Some of the elements of the preplaning were:

1) The 25 caliber pistol gets conveniently stolen from her home a week before the murder.

2) She has a perfectly good car, but rents one "to use locally" but she puts a zillion miles on it.

3) They wanted to give her a red car, but she thought that might be easily remembered, so she asked for a more plain color.

4) The gas cans. Who takes 15 gallons of gas in the trunk of a car to go on a trip ? She didn't want to be seen on any video cameras if she stopped for gas anywhere near his home.

5) She took the time to drag him into the shower after she butchered him and attempted to clean up any trace of her being there.

6) She had the presence of mind to take the gun and toss it "in the desert" somewhere. She knew if it were found it would be identified as the same one that was "stolen" from her home.

7) She emails and calls Travis a little while after killing him to say "Sorry I couldn't come to see you, and hope you are ok, haven't heard from you for a while" to further distance herself from the act.

Nope, this one was preplanned and she might have gotten away with it if she hadn't left a few clues laying around the house, like the pictures and palm prints. If they didn't confront her with those she would still be saying she never left California. Jodi is a smart, cold blooded killer and as sick as they come. For someone who was so in love with Travis, she discusses his death just like she is talking about the weather...........she has no emotions whatsoever. She got what she wanted, if she couldn't have him she made sure no one else would either.

As for the question of how could a small girl overpower a larger man, if you give me a gun and a knife I can guarantee you I will be able to take down any unarmed naked man who is trapped in a 3 x 3 shower stall. Those weapons are great equalizers.

Don

Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
^^^ Great post. As for the shoeprint, it could easily be Jodi's. Just because she was wearing socks in a photo doesn't mean she didn't have shoes on before or after that. Do people really think she drove to Utah without any footwear? (Just because she said she did doesn't make it so.) And the fact that someone phoned in a tip to a detective, and killed herself two years later, means nothing. Do you realize how many unbalanced people come out of the woodwork in high profile murder investigations? The vast majority of their "tips" are, of course, completely unfounded. (Think about John Mark Carr "confessing" to the JonBenet murder...)

I don't believe for a moment that there was any other person involved in this murder. Jodi wouldn't hesitate to blame another person if she could.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,532,177 times
Here is an anonymous survey being done for those who are interested and have followed this case-

Tanya Young Williams: Survey: What Do You Think of Jodi Arias, Travis Alexander and the Murder Trial?

scroll down a bit on that page for it - results will be published in a week from now -

I think the results will be interesting to see.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Jodi and her family could be under threat if Jodi exposes who's behind this set up. They can get to her in Jail and they clearly have access to her family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime