U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM

31,359 posts, read 19,602,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Jodi and her family could be under threat if Jodi exposes who's behind this set up. They can get to her in Jail and they clearly have access to her family.
Yeah right. Casey Anthony used that lie as a reason she didn't contact the police after her daughter was missing for 30 days.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM

39,522 posts, read 47,675,353 times
I like the way the prosecutor is going about with his questions, it reminds me of those Perry Mason moments when he questions hard and the guilty person finally jumps up and exclaims "all right I did it, lock me up forever", case solved...

Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM

25,876 posts, read 39,129,864 times
I like JM and his way of asking the questions and he shows clearly IMO how the defese case is very weak.

Tody I saw the female lawyer smiling at such a wrong moments that I was wondering if she forgot she was working for a death penalty case...

Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,060,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post

I'm not going to have another rant about Martinez, I have made my feelings clear. Again this is not a difference between our countries this is just a matter of observation. I don't believe that he has to be liked but I do believe that he has to be honest and he is being far from it but people seem to be too blinded by their feelings about the murder to see just how bad he really .
I agree. Sometime, he is brilliant. Sometime, he seems to twist the truth to fit his need.

I have a friend who was accused of child molestation. I saw how a prosecutor twisted truth and ruined his life. He was finally cleared but his life is ruined. It was like being run over by a powerful train. All his friends and family members were watching hopelessly. Until one being put in the situation, it is hard to explain how desperate someone may feel.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,757,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I agree with you about Martinez and I think this is something that his fans seem unwilling to contemplate. A lot of the people who dislike him are people who want Miss Arias to be found guilty and are worried that he is losing the case with his attitude.
He has close to 13,000 fans on Facebook - how many do you think Nurmi and Willmott have? Perhaps Nurmi's droning monotone and Willmott's giggling and whispering with her client are turnoffs to the jury. The jurors aren't there to judge a popularity contest between attorneys though...their job is to decide the fate of Jodi Arias! All that matters as far as the attorneys are concerned is whether they are effective in proving their case.

Martinez has been practicing for 3 decades, prosecuted around 300 people, he won a death penalty conviction in 2004 for another woman (Wendi Andriano). Where you see aggression, others see passion. Not everybody has to like him; in fact, nobody needs to like him. I'm sure he never anticipated the outpouring of support he has received.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,158,662 times
I think Jodi missed a golden opportunity in her story. Instead of Ninjas she should have said Aliens abducted them and she had to kill Travis because they had turned him into a Zombie. That would have been a little more believable than the current one she is trying to sell.

Don

Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think you are right. If it doesn't matter why did they bring that reversed version on the market? Just to print the same to get money or to me it sounds more that some items were either wrong or additional info was provided that made it important to bring a new version on the market.

Btw the expert makes himself look like a fool when he can't fid his notes, made so many errors and just filled out stuff Jodi was supose to fill out and he just copied it with pencil while it could have been done by pen/ink so the machine could read it better which to me and JM looks like the expert had another reason to do so.
bentlebee,

My time is very limited for a few more days. Here is a link that might explain more. Granted, it only addresses changes from DSM - IV to DSM - IV-TR (skipping all that was revised in DSM-IVR). However, it shows the timeline of how long it takes to get to the next major revision and some disorders they think HAVE to be changed during the 16 - 20+ years between the next major revision. DSM-V has been promised for many years. It is coming out, finally, this year.

In the U.S., a clinician must use the most recent addition of the DSM to be reimbursed or have an accurate assessment for legal reasons. I know an attorney who won her case based on the fact a person who was not licensed to make a mental health assessment and recommendations for a patient used old criteria. It was easy to prove the person had a personal issue with the patient, not the clinical training, licensure or judgment to "diagnose" the patient as she had.

The major point for Arias/Samuels is Samuels has to use the most current information available in his assessments/diagnoses for the U.S. The GAF score, which is mentioned in this link, is a good example for Arias. Does it prove anything about her mental health disorders? No. But it would show her range of functioning normally vs. if she needed to be institutionalized for care. With Samuels claiming her memory loss problems the due to her PTSD, one certainly could wonder how she could withstand the pressure and competition to win a Christmas singing contest while incarcerated. DSM-IV vs. DSM-IV-TR | psychiatry.org

I hope this helps.

MSR

Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
He has close to 13,000 fans on Facebook - how many do you think Nurmi and Willmott have? Perhaps Nurmi's droning monotone and Willmott's giggling and whispering with her client are turnoffs to the jury. The jurors aren't there to judge a popularity contest between attorneys though...their job is to decide the fate of Jodi Arias! All that matters as far as the attorneys are concerned is whether they are effective in proving their case.

Martinez has been practicing for 3 decades, prosecuted around 300 people, he won a death penalty conviction in 2004 for another woman (Wendi Andriano). Where you see aggression, others see passion. Not everybody has to like him; in fact, nobody needs to like him. I'm sure he never anticipated the outpouring of support he has received.
I don't love Martinez or anything like that ... I just think he is the best lawyer in that courtroom. He is the only voice for the victim, Travis Alexander. Others present are allowing Arias to become the poor, pitiful victim.

I still think Nurmi doesn't really want to be there and Willmott with her giggling, smirks and the dressing alike is weird. In my day normal females would get irritated or embarrassed when they are out in public and find themselves in the company of someone wearing the exact same attire.

I have no idea what this jury will do ... after the Casey Anthony trial nothing will surprise me.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,817,945 times
Twins, again!

Both in black...LOL

Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,016,627 times
This domestic violence expert testimony is riveting!

If nothing else, the dynamics and development of domestic violence in childhood and into adulthood, and relationships is well presented by Alyce Laviolette.

Go Ask Alice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime