U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM

25,921 posts, read 39,224,403 times

Advertisements

Wow, Jean Casarez on the stand....what is the defense trying...to get a mistrial because someone asked the prosecutor to be in a picture and for an authograph...is the defense jealous!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,020,050 times
Jinkasuarus called to the stand!!!!!!!!....and Dr. Drew's smug fake dumb blond 'juror'. Katie Wick...Juan's groupie......hanging around in the background of every shot...

Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
When export witnesses have to be brought in from a regional area, they cost more. Maybe no one in AZ would accept the case after reading details and meeting ARIAS, I don't know.

Alyce's CV is interesting. She teaches the POST course in an L.A. suburban area for officers to be expert witnesses. Her CV doesn't state clearly (at least where I could find) how many years she's been an expert witness. She's taught mostly regionally. I do think Alyce is a good teacher and easily engages listeners in her real-life stories. However, I agree with you, I think it could have ended at some point yesterday vs. giving more and more examples of her work.

Let's just hope ARIAS h/a improves enough she can be in court on TH. I wonder if they can use FR to make up for missing Wed.?

MSR
Dr. Werner Spitz was paid $5000.00 per day to testify at the Casey Anthony trial.

I would imagine the Arias DT had to search far and wide to find 'expert' witnesses willing to place their reps on the line for this trial.

Alyce L. is good, she knows her stuff as far as abuse. But she could be hanging Arias. When our daughter was in high school she attended a football game with girlfriends. Her boyfriend showed up and he had been drinking. She didn't like that he was drinking and it ended with him attacking her. Her g/fs took her to our local ER and called us.

First thoughts from us, dad wanted to go kill the kid. LOL I just wanted to take a baseball bat and beat him good. But sanity prevailed plus the SC Law is weird regarding 17 year olds. The parents cannot bring charges the 17 year is legally responsible. She just wanted to go home. No charges. We got her into counseling and I contacted the local abuse shelter. That is how I got involved in volunteering at the shelter along with my two teenage daughters.

I wanted both daughters to see, real life what happens in abusive relationships. She never saw the b/f again but spending time at the shelter was a great learning experience for all of us. This Alyce is hitting it right on the money with her testimony. But enough is enough. I think Willmott wants to stay with this witness until the end of the day as court is dismissed until Tuesday for the holidays.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,206,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I can't stand to listen any longer to this last expert. She might be good at what she is doing but what has htis all to do with Jodi killing Travis?

The expert is just telling what her experience is and what kind of people she has come across.

She never met Travis so what is the point. The jurors must be exhausted from listening to every word. I turned it off to just listen to the recap.

I think Juan Martinez will be very short and probably has 2-5 questions for her and Jodi's migraine will be much severe since her 15 min. of fame will be over and she will be living he narcasitic life behind bars until she will be put to death or forever...JMO!
Martinez better watch it with this woman. She knows her biscuits.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,841,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Jinkasuarus ...
That's funny! I thought of the same thing! One of those people on HLN (Nancy Grace, I think) pronounces her name that way. I remember the first time hearing her name pronounced by her; I was in the kitchen making dinner, so was just listening.

After hearing the 'word' several times, I thought "what is that, a new dinosaur?"

Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM

I am having problems understanding the headaches due to lack of food. Supposedly the first headache she had nothing to eat since her 6:00 AM breakfast. Yesterday, supposedly she had what was left over from her breakfast and another headache.

She is a prisoner, when the court takes a break or takes their lunch ... why is a deputy not providing Arias something to eat? Is she locked in a room somewhere in the courthouse during the breaks with nothing? Why isn't someone providing food and drink. Does Willmott and Nurmi just run out and eat with no thought to their client.

Of course it could just be Arias having food and just not eating. But Nurmi makes it appear no food is provided.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I am having problems understanding the headaches due to lack of food. Supposedly the first headache she had nothing to eat since her 6:00 AM breakfast. Yesterday, supposedly she had what was left over from her breakfast and another headache.

She is a prisoner, when the court takes a break or takes their lunch ... why is a deputy not providing Arias something to eat? Is she locked in a room somewhere in the courthouse during the breaks with nothing? Why isn't someone providing food and drink. Does Willmott and Nurmi just run out and eat with no thought to their client.

Of course it could just be Arias having food and just not eating. But Nurmi makes it appear no food is provided.
I heard that prisoners only get fed twice a day, but maybe that's just when they are in the jail. However, at one point the judge said Jodi should get more food for lunch. I don't know...

Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Did Jodi ever say that Travis threatened her if she stopped seeing him? I don't recall anything like that.

The woman on the stand is talking about something like that right now...

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM

This is a copy of the document ruling on the release of the financial costs of this case.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...3/m5696286.pdf

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED OPDS shall respond to the public records requests for total hours billed, total dollars paid, and the range of the rates paid without providing detailed billing information.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,174,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Inmates in the jail where Jodi is (and throughout the county) are fed twice daily. ARIAS has a court order to have 2,600 calories daily. Whether or not she is eating the food, I wouldn't know. Some say she appears to be losing weight, but I've not seen hard evidence on that observation.

What the Sheriff's office did was split her breakfast so part could be eaten in the a.m., part at a lunch break and then she gets her regular dinner.

My understanding is her attorneys and others cannot provide food for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

The headache issue - first I don't know that there is proof she has Migraines or not. Migraines can be disabling. I'm surprised she hasn't had one earlier in the trial, given how long she was on the witness stand. I'd certainly believe she has a tension headache at this point.

Certain foods can trigger Migraines; however, if she truly does have them and perhaps is even on a medication to prevent them, her provider would have documented all of that info in her medical records, potentially prohibiting she eat certain foods. As for how a low glucose level connects with her "Migraines," I can't say I understand that one in the least. That's not how Migraines present.

It seems like a stretch to me, but only those with her medical records would know the truth, of what her providers have observed and treated her h/as. I wouldn't rely strictly on her verbal history of her h/as.

I hope that helps.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime