U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,818,941 times
Reputation: 9851

Advertisements

This case is being over-tried by the prosecution...it leaves open too many possible avenues for mis-trials and appeals...only in the U.S. could a victim be stabbed 27 times,throat slit and shot in the head and the perp be claiming self defense!!!But after OJ and Casey Anthony anything is possible!!!

 
Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,194,757 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Wow. Thanks CamaroGuy for this link. Watching Chris Hughes testify was enlightening. He is obviously hiding a lot imo
Makes a person wonder what else is being hidden. After watching the testimony of Sky Hughes....and then the video of the Defense Attorney presenting his evidence for Prosecutor misconduct (Video w/ poster)....and seeing the Judge missed very important testimony from Sky Hughes regarding her having "watched the trial on TV and calling and reporting to the Prosecutor's paralegal, Phil when ever she saw something" I think there are some real grounds for a mistrial. Here is the link....The video of Sky Hughes...and the last video of the Denfence presenting his "Greatest hits list" of reasons for Prosecutor misconduct. Jodi Arias Is Innocent .com - The #1 Jodi Arias Support site! Jodi Arias trial. Jodi Arias News. Jodi Arias pics.
No matter how you feel personally about this defendant...the facts related to misconduct an grounds for a mistrial are evident...imo
Great site for watching all the daily trial proceedings that I missed. Thanks again.
Thanks also to Mtn States Resident for the link you provided to the testimony of the domestic violence expert. I can't wait to see more.
You're most welcome JanND! Arias definitely has ardent supporters at this site. Most of them are women and a few of them have been in abusive relationships. The feeling I got reading some of their post is that they want Jodi to walk no matter what!
 
Old 03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,817,945 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
For the sake of argument, verbal/mental abuse can be just as damaging, if not more, than physical abuse. Degrading ones' psyche has heavier ramifications, IMO, than physical abuse.

I think the defense is steering in the direction of verbal abuse and its' consequences. The defense just may have a very salient case-in-point for the jurors to ponder over...
Jodi could dish it out, also.

In one of their emails or texts she calls Travis 'a dildoe with a heartbeat'.

Wow, what kind of mind comes up with that?!?!? It's totally depersonalizing Travis.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,817,945 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

I believe some of the verbal abuse was to push Jodie, to get her to leave him. He was too addicted to break it up, so maybe he thought if he was cruel enough she would leave, not realizing that BPD find that treatment addicting.
Jasper, I agree with you 100%.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This case is being over-tried by the prosecution...it leaves open too many possible avenues for mis-trials and appeals...only in the U.S. could a victim be stabbed 27 times,throat slit and shot in the head and the perp be claiming self defense!!!But after OJ and Casey Anthony anything is possible!!!
You are right ... the judge is not the greatest either. In addition due to the length of the trial some members of the jury could be forming a bond with Arias and even believing the abuse tales. She is good at sitting there with her poor pitiful pearl look of pure innocence and abuse (the crooked finger.)

I just cannot see how the jury could ever let her walk ... perhaps a hung jury ... which would be terrible for the Arizona taxpayers. She admitted on the stand she killed him and boy did she ever kill him stabbing, slashing his throat and shooting him.


Description of the jury members:

Juror No. 1 She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

Juror No. 2 He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

Juror No. 3 She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Juror No. 4 He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

Juror No. 5 She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

Juror No. 6 She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

Juror No. 7 He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

Juror No. 8 He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

Juror No. 9 He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

Juror No. 10 He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

Juror No. 11 She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

Juror No. 12 She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

Juror No. 13 He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

Juror No. 14 He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 15 He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

Juror No. 16 He is a white male in his 40s.

Juror No. 17 He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 18 She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.


Like you say after the OJ and Anthony trials there is no telling what the verdict will be.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,194,757 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You are right ... the judge is not the greatest either. In addition due to the length of the trial some members of the jury could be forming a bond with Arias and even believing the abuse tales. She is good at sitting there with her poor pitiful pearl look of pure innocence and abuse (the crooked finger.)

I just cannot see how the jury could ever let her walk ... perhaps a hung jury ... which would be terrible for the Arizona taxpayers. She admitted on the stand she killed him and boy did she ever kill him stabbing, slashing his throat and shooting him.


Description of the jury members:

Juror No. 1 She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

Juror No. 2 He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

Juror No. 3 She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Juror No. 4 He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

Juror No. 5 She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

Juror No. 6 She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

Juror No. 7 He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

Juror No. 8 He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

Juror No. 9 He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

Juror No. 10 He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

Juror No. 11 She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

Juror No. 12 She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

Juror No. 13 He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

Juror No. 14 He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 15 He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

Juror No. 16 He is a white male in his 40s.

Juror No. 17 He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 18 She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.


Like you say after the OJ and Anthony trials there is no telling what the verdict will be.
I totally agree. Not to mention, that Martinez is a bit egomanical.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,298,562 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

This relationship was no doubt addictive, drama filled, and twisted. Something BPD people crave. And create. The more chaotic the better. Travis was caught like a fly in a trap. I believe some of the verbal abuse was to push Jodie, to get her to leave him. He was too addicted to break it up, so maybe he thought if he was cruel enough she would leave, not realizing that BPD find that treatment addicting.

In his line of work, Pre-Paid Legal (now LegalShield) you keep moving, recruiting, enrolling people and the motivational speaking. The more people you bring in the more money you make. It's called multi-level marketing companies now. You hire and recruit 10 or more people and they each hire and recruit 10 and so forth your wealth grows as your pay is based on everyone you enrolled in addition to those they enroll. He had advanced up the ladder with PPL.

Travis then gets hooked up with Arias going beyond the Pre-Paid Legal enrollment not realizing the dangers with the individual he is attempting to enroll. Then going so far as to introduce her to his religion. And the kinky sex starts and yes it was probably addictive to Alexander. But he wanted to be a millionaire and to do that he had to keep moving, enrolling people. Yet he had this clinging vine to deal with and I think she would have been a hindrance to him. But he didn't know how to break it off with her.

He has to be able to win the ladies over (enroll) and the men too in order to continue climbing the PPL ladder and reach his goal of being a millionaire. He certainly reached a stumbling block with Arias.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,194,757 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
In his line of work, Pre-Paid Legal (now LegalShield) you keep moving, recruiting, enrolling people and the motivational speaking. The more people you bring in the more money you make. It's called multi-level marketing companies now. You hire and recruit 10 or more people and they each hire and recruit 10 and so forth your wealth grows as your pay is based on everyone you enrolled in addition to those they enroll. He had advanced up the ladder with PPL.

Travis then gets hooked up with Arias going beyond the Pre-Paid Legal enrollment not realizing the dangers with the individual he is attempting to enroll. Then going so far as to introduce her to his religion. And the kinky sex starts and yes it was probably addictive to Alexander. But he wanted to be a millionaire and to do that he had to keep moving, enrolling people. Yet he had this clinging vine to deal with and I think she would have been a hindrance to him. But he didn't know how to break it off with her.

He has to be able to win the ladies over (enroll) and the men too in order to continue climbing the PPL ladder and reach his goal of being a millionaire. He certainly reached a stumbling block with Arias.
Stumbling block is putting it mildly.lol
 
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
 
9,150 posts, read 7,206,319 times
Reputation: 13848
I'm too lazy to go back and find posts, but I recall several of you saying how inexperienced and naive Travis was, and that he was "lured" into temptation by Jodi.

Didn't I hear there was a woman who came forward and told police to look at her husband for his murder, because he had found out she had been having an affair with Travis?

Doesn't sound very inexperienced to me, if true. Sounds like he was completely complicit and possibly the aggressor. I admit I haven't been hanging on every detail of this case and there are a lot of lies being told on both sides, but I don't think this is one of them.

And if one married woman came forward, how many others were there whose husbands hadn't found out so they didn't out themselves?

Edited to Add: I'm in no way saying that he deserved to die at all. Just making the point that he wasn't all innocence and sunshine lured into sin by a modern-day Eve.
 
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Reputation: 26111
Jodie is such a textbook example of BPD.

Borderline personality disorder: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

"They see things as black and white, and can go into a rage over the slightest misunderstanding".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top