U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 01:52 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,540,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Wow! Not too much gray area there...

The responses to "Who should play Jodi in the Lifetime movie?" are absolutely hilarious (Casey Anthony, Gollum, Octomom, Dakota Fanning, Paris Hilton, Ugly Betty... ) Thanks for posting. I did vote in the survey and suffice to say I was with the majority on virtually all of the questions.
Also interesting in that question about who should play her was how many people said "no one" or "she doesn't need the attention" or things to that effect, which probably what I wrote when I answered that question!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 02:17 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,737,753 times
That survey was pretty much in alignment with how I see the case as well.

Lindsay Lohan.... LOL!!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,201,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CamaroGuy,

I couldn't agree more. I read a lot of posts on that site and as I posted earlier, I don't know how so many people can claim she's innocent when she admitted to killing him.

I do think you are also correct in your assessment of so many having been (or presently are) in abusive relationships, which has to color how they see this case.

I most definitely agree with that too. Women have had to take a lot of abuse from men through the ages.:-(

Old 04-01-2013, 11:30 AM

9,914 posts, read 9,308,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
See how your opinions about this case compare with others -

A blogger on The Huffington Post posted an anonymous survey there last week about this case, and over 3500 people responded.

You can read the summary of her results here: Travis Alexander Murder Trial Survey article

And then the specific results on every question: Travis Alexander Murder Trial Survey Results (you can also go to this by clicking on the headline of the article in the page I linked above).

Thanks for posting the results ... I did the survey then promptly forgot about it. It's interesting how the majority of people voted.

As far as a movie, I didn't think there should be a movie. I never watched the Casey Anthony movie and really never heard many hoorays about that movie. I certainly wouldn't watch an Arias movie. I think once you have followed a trial and it finally ends ... that's it ... one has viewed or followed the real thing not a Lifetime special.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 PM

If the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise .... and Arias doesn't get a headache ... and no one throws up in the gallery ... and if all the jurors the judge interviewed didn't see Juan Martinez outside the courthouse with his fans ... the trial is back on in the morning at 9:30 AM Arizona time ... 12:30 PM Eastern time. I hope Juan Martinez gets his chance at Alyce soon. I wish they could wrap the trial up this week and let the jury deliberate.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
This thing is turning into a circus. I have jury duty coming up on the 19th, and if I get a case that drags on as long as this one I am going to jump off the nearest bridge.

Don

Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This thing is turning into a circus. I have jury duty coming up on the 19th, and if I get a case that drags on as long as this one I am going to jump off the nearest bridge.

Don
I read an article today that the death penalty case against James Holmes could last up to four months. The trial starts in February ... I would hate to live in Colorado and be called for that trial.

Are you being called for civil or criminal jury duty? I served jury duty on a civil case with a house that was sinking ... 17 civil engineers testified ... I could build a house after that trial. I like the down and dirty fast drunk driver cases. LOL

The Arias trial is just dragging out to long. Fortunately the jury is not sequestered.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
I don't know if it is a civil or criminal trial I will be called for, they don't tell you that when you get the notice. The last time I had to serve it was a stabbing case and that went on for two days. I can only imagine how it must feel to be called for something like the Casey Anthony trial where you are sequestered for the duration. (Wish I would have been on that trial though........there would have been one hold out for guilty and no one would have swayed that decision )

Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I wish they could wrap the trial up this week and let the jury deliberate.
But then what will HLN do? HLN should pay for the cost of trial, not tax payers. The longer it lasts, more vacation for many producers in HLN. They don't have to go out looking for news.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,201,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
But then what will HLN do? HLN should pay for the cost of trial, not tax payers. The longer it lasts, more vacation for many producers in HLN. They don't have to go out looking for news.
That's a good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime