U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 05:01 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,845,905 times

Advertisements

I think Alyce is losing her credibility.

Anything she says that begins "Jodi said..." or "Jodi told me..." is just pure BS.

Now she's talking about infidelity. Supposedly Travis was dating several women. Unless he proposed to all of them at the same time, I see no infidelity. Many people date different men/women. How is that 'infidelity'???

Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM

16,023 posts, read 19,745,966 times
MSR....I'm with you. I missed what happened and I am also hoping for a synopsis of today's events.
Fox Terrier....I agree. Single men dating multiple females (or whatever depending upon their preference) are womanizer's. Infidelity doesn't apply.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM

9,151 posts, read 7,237,629 times
In this case, at least a couple of the women thought they were in monogamous relationships, and I don't think any of the others knew he was having sex. He had told at least one of them that he was a virgin ferchrissake. So I still vote for Infidel.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM

I don't remember much, and only listened in the afternoon so this isn't a full synopsis for sure.

What I remember most is an interview with another woman who was dating Travis at the same time as Jodi. This is being related thru Alyce for some reason. Maybe Alyce did the interview? Anyway, this other woman said that she told Travis that he had gotten too sexual too fast and she wanted him to quit slapping her butt and stuff like that. She told him she didn't like it and it upset her, but that he didn't quit.

Also Alyce said in reading thru emails and text messages that Jodi didn't sound jealous at all, that Travis is the one who sounded jealous.

At a time when they were supposedly broken up, Jodi was going to a ball game with friends. Travis called when she was just outside the stadium and told her he was upset because it was his birthday and her plans didn't include him. Jodi didn't feel like she could say no, so she asked him to pick her up at the stadium. He refused, so one of Jodi's friends drove her clear back to Travis' house and Jodi baked him a cake and spent the evening with him. Alyce said that's not unusual for abused women to have a problem saying no.

There were several examples of when he emotionally abused her, and one or two when he also emotionally abused the other woman I mentioned earlier -- the one who wanted him to quit with the sexual stuff.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM

Oh, there were several examples of how Travis lied and manipulated many people. One was telling some women he was a virgin while he was having wild kinky sex with Jodi. One of Jodi's church friends told her she and Travis both had to go see the bishop about that, and when Jodi told Travis that, he said he couldn't because he'd already had that type of problem and he couldn't lose face in the church by admitting it again.

Another was putting up the front of being a successful businessman while at the same time he was asking friends to borrow thousands of dollars.

Several of these things in this post and the one above were in Jodi's journal which was written at the time they happened, and others Jodi had told friends about at the time they happened.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM

17,682 posts, read 11,239,501 times
The one thing some are forgetting is that Travis and Jodi were in their mid 20's when all this was going on. That is the age most of us were sowing our wild oats. They were discovering their sexuality and trying new things. If that behavior is kinky or justification for someone killing us, half of us would be dead right now.

What two consenting adults do behind private closed doors is strictly their business and I bet some of the things most people do would look odd to others not in that relationship. One person's kinky sex is another person's adventurous escapade.

Travis was simply a red blooded male who encountered a sexually free female, and they both enjoyed the things they did. To make Travis a villian is just an attempt to muddy the water.

Don

Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,320,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
What's going on? I leave and end up in an area that doesn't have Wi-Fi. Have to hunt one down and don't have time to review all the posts. Sounds like things have finally move FORWARD for once, and I've seen zero of it.

I didn't really miss it as I know the greater posters here would update me. :

Thanks!

MSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
MSR....I'm with you. I missed what happened and I am also hoping for a synopsis of today's events.
Fox Terrier....I agree. Single men dating multiple females (or whatever depending upon their preference) are womanizer's. Infidelity doesn't apply.
You really didn't miss anything. Juror #5 was dismissed ... this is the lady in her 30's with the different colored hair. The judge had the defense team, Arias, Martinez and Travis Family in chambers ... when they came out the sisters were crying and the brother had to go outside I assume to compose himself ... Nurmi was grinning ... Willmott was doing her smirk ... Arias smiled. Maybe they wanted to get rid of Juror #5, the news tonight said Juror #5 left the court crying.

In addition from now on the jury will exit and enter the building from a rear entrance.

Juror #5 was not gagged ... whatever happened in the judge's chamber is sealed. So now the media will be hot on the tail of Juror #5 to find out what happened.

Arias mother was present today her twin was absent.

LaViolette is just going on and on and was able to name quite a few girls that Travis would text. The only thing that caught my attention was a girl named Reed/Reid (sp) ... LaViolette said Travis dated her but she was very jealous and crazy!!! Travis was supposedly dating Arias and the Reed woman at the same time (according to Arias to LaViolette.) Arias told LaViolette that Travis said Reed was crazy and jealous and later accused Arias of being just like the Reed woman.

For whatever reason this cracked me up .. Reed/Reid may have been jealous and crazy but she didn't shoot, stab and slash his throat.

Every word coming out of LaViolette's mouth is what Arias told her and she believes the lies or likes the money they are paying her to testify. In addition I do not understand why the judge allows Willmott to ask LaViolette a question and then prompt/help LaViolette with the answer.

LaViolette should finally get to the murder tomorrow and can weave more of Arias lies.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,320,451 times
Alyce is scoring pretty good off the taxpayers of Arizona ... she was paid $11,000 for the jail house interviews of Arias and she is being paid $300.00 an hour as she testifies ... in addition the taxpayers picked up her airfare and lodging charges. Poor doc quacksAlot didn't get paid but $250.00 an hour.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 PM

14,437 posts, read 11,770,517 times
I just wished that I heard more of the nuts and bolts of the crime. The one shot to the head with the .25 still bothers me. Most .25 pistols are semi-automatics and are capable of more than half a dozen quick shots (probably nine?). If Jodi stole her grandfather's pistol; is it possible that he kept the magazine in a different location? If that is the case and Jodi did not get the magazine with the pistol; then she would have had only a one shot pistol (unless she would take the chance of buying a magazine). If she had the nine (?) shots; I would think that she would have kept shooting until Travis was dead and not moving.

The .25 is not a very powerful weapon. .22's will penetrate more skin and bone. But the bullet, to the head of Travis, would have rendered him incapable of protecting himself from the knife wounds.

The bullet casing was laying on top of the blood; so they argue that he was stabbed first and then shot. But; the casing could have been kicked by Jodi or Travis in the aftermath of the attack – thus landing on top of the blood.

My feeling is that it was premeditated. That she went there, with the gun, and shot him. He was flailing, after being shot, and Jodi just wanted him to stop moving. She did not want him to recover and name her as his attacker. She kept stabbing until he stopped thrashing.

This is all just speculation. I am interested if anybody ever asked the grandfather if he kept the magazine in his pistol? It would be interesting if he still had his magazine/s.

Last edited by fisheye; 04-02-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,180,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You really didn't miss anything. Juror #5 was dismissed ... this is the lady in her 30's with the different colored hair. The judge had the defense team, Arias, Martinez and Travis Family in chambers ... when they came out the sisters were crying and the brother had to go outside I assume to compose himself ... Nurmi was grinning ... Willmott was doing her smirk ... Arias smiled. Maybe they wanted to get rid of Juror #5, the news tonight said Juror #5 left the court crying.

In addition from now on the jury will exit and enter the building from a rear entrance.

Juror #5 was not gagged ... whatever happened in the judge's chamber is sealed. So now the media will be hot on the tail of Juror #5 to find out what happened.

Arias mother was present today her twin was absent.

LaViolette is just going on and on and was able to name quite a few girls that Travis would text. The only thing that caught my attention was a girl named Reed/Reid (sp) ... LaViolette said Travis dated her but she was very jealous and crazy!!! Travis was supposedly dating Arias and the Reed woman at the same time (according to Arias to LaViolette.) Arias told LaViolette that Travis said Reed was crazy and jealous and later accused Arias of being just like the Reed woman.

For whatever reason this cracked me up .. Reed/Reid may have been jealous and crazy but she didn't shoot, stab and slash his throat.

Every word coming out of LaViolette's mouth is what Arias told her and she believes the lies or likes the money they are paying her to testify. In addition I do not understand why the judge allows Willmott to ask LaViolette a question and then prompt/help LaViolette with the answer.

LaViolette should finally get to the murder tomorrow and can weave more of Arias lies.
Thanks C. W. I'll find WiFi again tomorrow in the afternoon and night to see what it's been like all day.

So it sounds like Juror #5 probably wasn't the most sympathetic to ARIAS? This case has gone on so long I don't know how they can't hear/see things, let alone miss work. I don't understand why both would families would meet in the Judge's chambers? Can someone please clue me in on that one?

It sounds like AVL wants to continue being an expert witness for others. All she can do is quoted what ARIAS said.

Finally, that brings me to you, C. W. Did you send Nirmy your proposal so you could be his expert about "Scrambled Brain Syndrome?" It's not funny, but your idea was. It's amazing how S L O W L Y some can talk for $300/hr.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime