U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,820,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I just wished that I heard more of the nuts and bolts of the crime. The one shot to the head with the .25 still bothers me. Most .25 pistols are semi-automatics and are capable of more than half a dozen quick shots (probably nine?). If Jodi stole her grandfather's pistol; is it possible that he kept the magazine in a different location? If that is the case and Jodi did not get the magazine with the pistol; then she would have had only a one shot pistol (unless she would take the chance of buying a magazine). If she had the nine (?) shots; I would think that she would have kept shooting until Travis was dead and not moving.
Fisheye, I remember Jodi telling a story about a gun that jammed. Maybe it was the Ninja story? In any case, that's what I think happened...the gun jammed after one shot.

That's the thing with psychopaths; they take a little of the truth and add it to their lies...

Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 AM

14,382 posts, read 11,705,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Fisheye, I remember Jodi telling a story about a gun that jammed. Maybe it was the Ninja story? In any case, that's what I think happened...the gun jammed after one shot.

That's the thing with psychopaths; they take a little of the truth and add it to their lies...
Whether she had just one shot, or the gun jammed; it still makes more sense that she stabbed him so many times. I think that she intended to kill him with the gun. It would have been so easy to pull the trigger multiple times with the working magazine. Of course we do not have the weapon to see what problems she actually had.

When deer hunting; sometimes deer will still thrash - even with head shots and considerably more powerful weapons. Even if the head shot was a mortal wound; Jodi could have panicked (thinking that he might survive). I think the stab wounds continued until Travis was motionless. Jodi went to great extremes to make sure that she was not placed at the crime scene.

When it comes to the current expert on the stand; I want to see the evidence that Travis was an abuser. It is easy to defame the dead. If Travis had friends that warned Jodi about abuse; get them on the stand and let us hear what they say. I tend to take the experts as 'paid' experts only. Can we really trust the word of anybody that has a vested interest in the outcome of the trial?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 AM

4,754 posts, read 6,524,948 times
The maker of this clip makes a nice connection between the remote control and the gas cans - one I hadn't considered, but that makes a lot of sense to me. It was also interesting to see how much this witness did not want to own up to things he had said about Jodi.

Jodi Arias Pre-Meditation Smoking Gun AKA "Remote Control" - YouTube

Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
The maker of this clip makes a nice connection between the remote control and the gas cans - one I hadn't considered, but that makes a lot of sense to me. It was also interesting to see how much this witness did not want to own up to things he had said about Jodi.
WOW!!!

I missed the entire beginning of the trial.

So, the prosecutor was suggesting that Jodi stole the DVD player from her grandparents (along with the remote control) to trade this guy for the gas cans. She discovered the remote in her car later and brought it to him.

WOW.

Thanks for the clip!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
WOW!!!

I missed the entire beginning of the trial.

So, the prosecutor was suggesting that Jodi stole the DVD player from her grandparents (along with the remote control) to trade this guy for the gas cans. She discovered the remote in her car later and brought it to him.

WOW.

Thanks for the clip!
Yes, I think even the person who is most skeptical of that theory would have to admit that it would be a bit strange for a remote control to be in her car as she was going on a road trip.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM

Police interview with Jodi's mom -- video finally released on HLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (its short, but sweet!) Hopefully David Lohr will get the full unedited videos up on YouTube at some point.

Arias' mom: 'Jodi has mental problems' | HLNtv.com

Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Police interview with Jodi's Dad (small clip of it, at least) - that is all HLN is giving us for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8cGwcUBW1xo

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 04-03-2013 at 09:50 AM..

Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Yes, I think even the person who is most skeptical of that theory would have to admit that it would be a bit strange for a remote control to be in her car as she was going on a road trip.
And, wasn't the gun stolen at the same time?

P R E M E D I T A T I O N

I hope Juan can get that across to the jury in closing arguments.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,393 times
Juan is going to eviscerate this domestic violence "expert." I think she could spin ANY relationship into an abusive one. I can't wait for Juan to ask her why she doesn't consider JODI to be the abusive party.

The clips of Jodi's parents being interrogated are very telling. I don't think any parent would so casually mention that their daughter has "mental problems" to an investigator unless they had experienced some really bad stuff with her.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,196,308 times
Travis and Jodi's relationship reminds of the the line in the Bob Seger song Night Moves,
"I used her, she used me but neither one cared, we were gettin' our share........."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime