U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM

39,665 posts, read 47,968,040 times

Advertisements

With this whole scenario if it wasn't premeditation then why didn't she just call the police and say "I just killed my boyfriend in self defense" instead of trying to cover everything up and then go have sex a few hours later with another boyfriend, hmmm.
Everything leading up to the crime and after the crime she planned with no trepidations or emotions what so ever. A true sociopath.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:32 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,856,840 times
I can't believe how often the defense gets away with leading the witness.

I think she talks more than the expert!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,490,573 times
Jennifer Wilmott sounded like a contestant on the 25000 Pyramid Game Show the way she was trying to get the witness to answer questions, without Martinez objecting.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,329,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Thanks C. W. I'll find WiFi again tomorrow in the afternoon and night to see what it's been like all day.

So it sounds like Juror #5 probably wasn't the most sympathetic to ARIAS?

Finally, that brings me to you, C. W. Did you send Nirmy your proposal so you could be his expert about "Scrambled Brain Syndrome?" It's not funny, but your idea was. It's amazing how S L O W L Y some can talk for $300/hr.

MSR

I hope you found a WiFi ... I was away from the house all day and when we returned ... no trial ... someone got sick ... I sincerely hope no one tossed their lunch again.

Yes Juror #5 was a prosecution selection ... that is probably the reason for the smile from Nurmi, smirk from Willmott, smile from Arias and the tears from Travis Alexander's family. This really hurts me to see this young man's reputation literally drug through mud, slime and sleaze. He cannot defend himself.

No, I started the email and then looked at Nurmi's website ... do you know what his practice consists of:

I can provide you with aggressive representation against
any accusation that you committed a sexual offense.
Sexual Assault Sex Conduct with a Minor Indecent Exposure
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Sexual Abuse Molestation of a Child

Attorney. Sex Crimes, Sexual Assault, Sex with a Minor, Indecent Exposure, Sexual Abuse. Phoenix, Arizona.

Bless his heart, no wonder he has tried to quit ... he is a fish out of the water. Since I am not a published "Scrambled Brain Syndrome" author ... no papers written ... no books ... no public speaking ... but I could get my neurologist to verify it along with the grocery store people that would help me back to my car as I wandered up and down the grocery aisles pushing the cart with no idea what I was doing in the grocery store. I would make my husband wait in the car to see if I could go in and buy groceries. I was determined this wasn't going to get the best of me. All my passwords for bank accounts, credit cards, were gone.

I am fine now it was just that five month 'dark period' in my life that my brain was scrambled. I did gain one benefit ... even though I am better hubby took over all the grocery shopping ... I love it.

So who stopped the trial this time? These people are real puny out there.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,329,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Jennifer Wilmott sounded like a contestant on the 25000 Pyramid Game Show the way she was trying to get the witness to answer questions, without Martinez objecting.
I cannot see why the judge doesn't stop that ... Willmott is prompting the witness with the answers she wants to hear. This is not right and Juan doesn't object.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I cannot see why the judge doesn't stop that ... Willmott is prompting the witness with the answers she wants to hear. This is not right and Juan doesn't object.
Martinez might have just blown this case. I will not be shocked if Arias is found not guilty.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM

4,759 posts, read 6,572,037 times
JM lets these defense witnesses talk (and get prompted) as much as they want to because the more they talk about, the more he can ask about on his cross.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,213,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
JM lets these defense witnesses talk (and get prompted) as much as they want to because the more they talk about, the more he can ask about on his cross.
Lets see what JM does to LaViolette on CE.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM

16,023 posts, read 19,778,875 times
RE: Martinez....Not a very good plan if that is what he is intending. Jurors already hearing something he hopes to dispute at this point seems unreliable as an attack strategy. You can't discount the thoughts already in the jurors heads....it might be more strategic to object in a timely manner.
I think he lost a few points they way he questioned the Dr. last week.
So, what did #5 juror say?? Gads, that would bite....all the way through this lengthy trial and make a booboo like that. Embarrassing.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,765,399 times
Juan could cross examine this woman in his sleep. It's going to be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime