U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,448,447 times

Advertisements

Did court end early today?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

39,527 posts, read 47,687,050 times
It's turning into a 3 ring circus, and a mistrial could come possibly out of it. If jurist #5 got kicked off the jury panel then why is she allowed back into the courtroom proceedings. Sounds like she's in cahoots with the defense and is trying to manipulate or intimidate the remaining jurists.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 PM

9,150 posts, read 7,207,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
It's turning into a 3 ring circus, and a mistrial could come possibly out of it. If jurist #5 got kicked off the jury panel then why is she allowed back into the courtroom proceedings. Sounds like she's in cahoots with the defense and is trying to manipulate or intimidate the remaining jurists.
The defense? I thought she was a juror everyone thought was friendly to the prosecution? Travis' family came out crying, I assume that was because #5 was let go.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
I am not crazy about the Judge in this case. This trial is way out of control and she doesn't seem to have much control over it. The Judge in the Anthony trial (Belvin Perrry, I think) was a strong, tough Judge who put up with no shinanigans and ripped into the lawyers to keep them in line. This lady Judge is way too permissive IMO.

There will definitely be an appeal and I think they might have to redo it all over again.

Don

Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM

39,527 posts, read 47,687,050 times
The juror was kicked off after the defense said she was talking to other jurors and couldn't be impartial and one local news reporter said that it could be favorable to the defense.
That's where I got the info. Who knows this case is getting screwer each day.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm confused. I thought #5 was outta there. Or is this the new#5?

Juror #5 showed up today and was seated in the gallery. No gag order was issued so she can do as she pleases. I just don't understand why she issued a statement on Twitter that she would not issue a statement or speak to the media. She just wanted to be left alone until after the trial.

Yet she showed up in court today. I watch the case live streaming on the local KPHO Channel 5 and their camera scanned the courtroom and showed the lady. The way they always described her as having different color hair ... it's that style they wear now dark underneath and bleached on the top layer. I was thinking she was purple, pink and blue ... some of those weird hair colors.

But ... if she wanted to be left alone and no statements why did she show up in court today ... but she has every right to be there if she wants too. The judge made a statement that Juror #5 was present in the courtroom.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was at work an missed a lot evidently. So did Juror 5 come back as a spectator ? Is she stirring up trouble by looking at the other members ? Inquiring minds want to know .

Don
Nope, she was seated in the gallery in an aisle seat. The judge announced she was present. No trouble just sitting in her seat and the jury didn't even look at her. I watch live stream on KPHO Channel 5 and their camera scanned the courtroom and showed a picture of her.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:04 AM

Monday should be interesting with Juan Martinez cross examining AL ... I hope he just gets through the Snow White, the seven dwarfs and Prince Charming. Also Juan Martinez said AL is making $250.00 an hour not $300.00. Since this trial has been going on so long I hope Martinez keeps AL on the stand all week long. LOL

Wilmott objected three times in a row and the judge overruled each objection. This judge doesn't have control of the trial and her courtroom. Allowing Willmott to assist answers she wanted on the record from AL and Willmott and AL smiling should never have been allowed.

The judge was ready this morning when Nurmi asked that the jury be sequestered ... the judge ruled against that and had the case # info to back up her decision.

Doesn't Juan Martinez get to call rebuttal witnesses?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 AM

16,017 posts, read 19,666,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Yes, Lurker#5, oops I mean, Juror #5 returned to courtroom as observer. She's not sitting closest to the jury, yet she's in clear view of the jury. The defense motioned for the jury to be sequestered this morning but the motion was denied.
Wow...This does seem inappropriate....since the juror #5 was kicked off for saying stuff...letting her back in seems really negligent. I would think both sides want her out...What gives?
Reading the things being said by attorneys and the juror situation etc...Are both sides trying to pave the way for a mistrial and/or appeal?? Others thoughts?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 AM

16,017 posts, read 19,666,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She could get a not guilty if the jury thinks it was self defense.

However, due to the brutality of the murder, I doubt that will happen.
Did anyone ever come up with a reason for the shoe prints at the crime scene...or is that just being dropped entirely. I still wonder about that. And, I wonder about the room mate having changed his story to the police. Any insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime