U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,758,130 times
Reputation: 3527

Advertisements

There's no question that she murdered him, the only question is whether it was self defense. The "evidence" provided by the defense amounts to Jodi's story full of more holes than Swiss cheese, and two incredibly weak "expert" witnesses who will say anything for a buck, and base their opinions on whatever the pathological liar told them. This isn't a Casey Anthony scenario where nobody could say for sure how Caylee died. Don't forget the overkill including a slashed throat - even if she had a plausible self defense story, there's no excuse for that. "Fog" doesn't cut it.

I cannot fathom any of the jurors having reasonable doubt in this case. Why do you think they would they find her not guilty??

 
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Juan Martinez is good ... Willmott and Nurmi have both worked with ALV and coached her. We all saw that little smarty remark when Willmott asked at the end of her questioning ... do you have memory problems ... did you send Arias any books ... and both were smiling almost laughing out loud.

So ... here comes Juan ... and hits ALV with her Snow White theory and if you watched ALV close she wasn't looking at Martinez she was looking at Willmott ... the deer in the headlights look ... like you didn't go over this with me ... just my memory and gifts of books.

I do not know what this jury will do ... I gave up on predictions after the Casey Anthony trial. It won't take but one juror to hang the case (I assume that is the way Arizona is but I could be wrong.)

Another thing I don't understand about Arizona is this jury. They had 18 jurors and dismissed one ... down to 17 now. Who or how do they arrive at the 12 that will deliberate and decide the verdict. In my state we pick 12 jurors ... with alternates. The first 12 are it unless one dies or gets sick or has to be removed then one of the alternates move into that jurors place. Here all sit and listen to the case but the first 12 seated are the ones that deliberate and make the call. Out of the 17 left how do that determine who the final 12 jurors will be?

It will totally amaze me if they let her walk ... I will be totally blown away if she gets the death penalty ... I sort of expect life in prison ... but then again who knows!
 
Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juan Martinez is good ... Willmott and Nurmi have both worked with ALV and coached her. We all saw that little smarty remark when Willmott asked at the end of her questioning ... do you have memory problems ... did you send Arias any books ... and both were smiling almost laughing out loud.

So ... here comes Juan ... and hits ALV with her Snow White theory and if you watched ALV close she wasn't looking at Martinez she was looking at Willmott ... the deer in the headlights look ... like you didn't go over this with me ... just my memory and gifts of books.

I do not know what this jury will do ... I gave up on predictions after the Casey Anthony trial. It won't take but one juror to hang the case (I assume that is the way Arizona is but I could be wrong.)

Another thing I don't understand about Arizona is this jury. They had 18 jurors and dismissed one ... down to 17 now. Who or how do they arrive at the 12 that will deliberate and decide the verdict. In my state we pick 12 jurors ... with alternates. The first 12 are it unless one dies or gets sick or has to be removed then one of the alternates move into that jurors place. Here all sit and listen to the case but the first 12 seated are the ones that deliberate and make the call. Out of the 17 left how do that determine who the final 12 jurors will be?

It will totally amaze me if they let her walk ... I will be totally blown away if she gets the death penalty ... I sort of expect life in prison ... but then again who knows!

Oh I believe she's guilty of PM murder. Its just that Martinez is just too egomanical for my tastes.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM
 
13,807 posts, read 14,642,570 times
Reputation: 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juan Martinez is good ... Willmott and Nurmi have both worked with ALV and coached her. We all saw that little smarty remark when Willmott asked at the end of her questioning ... do you have memory problems ... did you send Arias any books ... and both were smiling almost laughing out loud.

So ... here comes Juan ... and hits ALV with her Snow White theory and if you watched ALV close she wasn't looking at Martinez she was looking at Willmott ... the deer in the headlights look ... like you didn't go over this with me ... just my memory and gifts of books.

I do not know what this jury will do ... I gave up on predictions after the Casey Anthony trial. It won't take but one juror to hang the case (I assume that is the way Arizona is but I could be wrong.)

Another thing I don't understand about Arizona is this jury. They had 18 jurors and dismissed one ... down to 17 now. Who or how do they arrive at the 12 that will deliberate and decide the verdict. In my state we pick 12 jurors ... with alternates. The first 12 are it unless one dies or gets sick or has to be removed then one of the alternates move into that jurors place. Here all sit and listen to the case but the first 12 seated are the ones that deliberate and make the call. Out of the 17 left how do that determine who the final 12 jurors will be?

It will totally amaze me if they let her walk ... I will be totally blown away if she gets the death penalty ... I sort of expect life in prison ... but then again who knows!

from what I heard they will pull numbers at random, a lottery of sorts but not 100% sure
 
Old 04-06-2013, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Boca Raton, FL
5,164 posts, read 8,687,150 times
Reputation: 6164
Smile Absolutely chilling....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
This is a good read - Just Da Truth!: Jodi Arias: Charming Lying Murdering Psychopath (one man's story about his experience with a female stalker)

He has now added a follow-up to that post, also about the JA case: Just Da Truth!
I read the whole thing and I was literally sick after reading this - a lot of parallels to the Arias case.

There is evil out there and we are seeing this in this court case.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
Reputation: 37671
Although we will never hear the real story, it would be interesting to know how the events of those final minutes of his life unfolded. Here he is in the shower, at what point did she spring into action and attack him ? I mean, were they talking and her taking pictures and then suddenly she pounces on him with the knife ?

From all the blood evidence is seems the gun shot was the final blow, based on the ejected cartridge landing on top of a pool of blood, so it is pretty evident the shot was last. There was also copious amounts of spewed blood on the sink and one of the experts on tv said that is consistent with a person coughing up a lot of blood. It seems that at some point Travis was hanging onto the sink, coughing, and with those 9 stab wounds in his back that may have been when she was behind him stabbing him violently.

The slit throat was probably done with her standing behind him as that affords the best position to do it. They also said there was very little blood loss from the shot, so that indicates he had already bled out most of his blood.

I think I have heard that when someone is stabbed repeatedly it is generally an act of passion, something one lover would do to another, as opposed to a robber doing it, for example. The total number of wounds shows she was in a fit of rage and savagely taking out her anger on him. If the jury doesn't see through all the mud and find her guilty of murder in the first there will be no justice in this case at all.

Don
 
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Although we will never hear the real story, it would be interesting to know how the events of those final minutes of his life unfolded. Here he is in the shower, at what point did she spring into action and attack him ? I mean, were they talking and her taking pictures and then suddenly she pounces on him with the knife ?

From all the blood evidence is seems the gun shot was the final blow, based on the ejected cartridge landing on top of a pool of blood, so it is pretty evident the shot was last. There was also copious amounts of spewed blood on the sink and one of the experts on tv said that is consistent with a person coughing up a lot of blood. It seems that at some point Travis was hanging onto the sink, coughing, and with those 9 stab wounds in his back that may have been when she was behind him stabbing him violently.

The slit throat was probably done with her standing behind him as that affords the best position to do it. They also said there was very little blood loss from the shot, so that indicates he had already bled out most of his blood.

I think I have heard that when someone is stabbed repeatedly it is generally an act of passion, something one lover would do to another, as opposed to a robber doing it, for example. The total number of wounds shows she was in a fit of rage and savagely taking out her anger on him. If the jury doesn't see through all the mud and find her guilty of murder in the first there will be no justice in this case at all.

Don
I totally agree!
 
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Oh I believe she's guilty of PM murder. Its just that Martinez is just too egomanical for my tastes.
I believe she is guilty of PM murder too. I like Martinez ... I don't feel it's egomanical ... he knows what he is doing. I don't always get right away where he is going with his questions ... but I certainly understood the Snow White scenario. ALV can find domestic violence in any situation with that little chart she compiled. All Juan Martinez wants is a simple YES or NO answer to his questions. Samuels did it and now ALV both want to expand with a long elaborate response containing no answer to his question ... thus he gets frustrated and me too. Just answer the question .... yes ... or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
from what I heard they will pull numbers at random, a lottery of sorts but not 100% sure
Thanks ... I didn't think all 17 would be in on the deliberations.



Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I think I have heard that when someone is stabbed repeatedly it is generally an act of passion, something one lover would do to another, as opposed to a robber doing it, for example. The total number of wounds shows she was in a fit of rage and savagely taking out her anger on him. If the jury doesn't see through all the mud and find her guilty of murder in the first there will be no justice in this case at all.

Don
I have always heard that too ... act of passion. This type of murder is not normal unless there is a powerful amount of rage and anger. It just boils down to one thing Travis Alexander died a horrible death at the hands of Jodi Arias and I sincerely hope the jury sees this and finds her guilty in the first.
 
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,375 posts, read 11,705,189 times
Reputation: 10783
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
From all the blood evidence is seems the gun shot was the final blow, based on the ejected cartridge landing on top of a pool of blood, so it is pretty evident the shot was last.
I still think that the gunshot was first. The cartridge casing could have landed on a floor and was later kicked onto the blood. The .25 is not a strong weapon. But it was certainly enough to disorient Travis and make him defenseless to Jodi's knife attacks. I still think that Travis would have been shot more than once if either the gun did not jam or Jodi had the magazine (I speculate that she could have stolen the gun without the magazine). I would still like to know if her grandfather kept the magazine in his weapon? There is a chance that her grandfather kept the magazine separate from the pistol. Emptying the pistol would have been so much easier than stabbing Travis almost thirty times. The one shot does not make any sense to me.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:34 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I still think that the gunshot was first. The cartridge casing could have landed on a floor and was later kicked onto the blood. The .25 is not a strong weapon. But it was certainly enough to disorient Travis and make him defenseless to Jodi's knife attacks. I still think that Travis would have been shot more than once if either the gun did not jam or Jodi had the magazine (I speculate that she could have stolen the gun without the magazine). I would still like to know if her grandfather kept the magazine in his weapon? There is a chance that her grandfather kept the magazine separate from the pistol. Emptying the pistol would have been so much easier than stabbing Travis almost thirty times. The one shot does not make any sense to me.
This is one fascinating trial for sure though. I cannot seem to get enough of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top