U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Reputation: 1466

Advertisements

Juan " you didn't speak to the 7 dwarfs, did you?" Alyce "no, I did not..." hahaha

Last edited by trinity1111; 04-08-2013 at 03:32 PM..

 
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
What medium do members in this forum use to watch the trail? I watch HLN. Court usually ends at 4:30PST, HLN can drag it out to 7PM by hitting that pause button.
This is three more live streaming ... no commercials ... no talking heads ... they are finished for the day as HLN drags it on out due to commercials and talking heads.

Local Livestream - CBS 5 - KPHO

Live Video | ABC15.com | Phoenix, Arizona | KNXV-TV | Local and Breaking News, Weather, Radar, Traffic, Life, Sports


CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories


In addition to watching the local TV stations, I open a new tab and ABC15 has reporter inside the courtroom that Tweets, he is good Corey Rangel @coreyABC15 ... he will reply to any questions too. KPHO has a reporter in the courtroom too that Tweets.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Trial was cut short again .... Judge and attorneys in judges chambers. DT is once again calling for a mistrial.

They are comparing the trial to a Salem Witch trial.

Jodi Arias trial: Arias' attorneys compare trial to Salem witch trials, ask for ANOTHER mistrial
 
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,359 posts, read 19,608,770 times
Reputation: 7859
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Juan " you didn't speak to the 7 dwarfs, did you?" Alyce "no, I did not..." hahaha
Nor did Alyce speak to Travis.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,758,130 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Trial was cut short again .... Judge and attorneys in judges chambers. DT is once again calling for a mistrial.

They are comparing the trial to a Salem Witch trial.

Jodi Arias trial: Arias' attorneys compare trial to Salem witch trials, ask for ANOTHER mistrial
Good grief...talk about grasping at straws because they know they haven't got a chance of winning this case. Nurmi and Willmott are beyond pathetic, and I am sure they will continue to beg for a mistrial on a daily basis. Witch trial?!? The only innocent person I see getting "burned at the stake," so to speak, is Travis, who according to LaViolette was abusive and the only pathological liar in the relationship (because she said Jodi only lied after the killing...isn't that when she talked to Jodi, though?? ) And she feels ok to make these claims without having spoken to anyone except Jodi, and reading cherry-picked texts and emails. What a detestable person she is.

Didn't Jodi dabble in witchcraft when she was with Bobby Juarez...in that sense maybe we do have a real witch on trial.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,819,307 times
Reputation: 13083
Fruitlassie, I cannot rep you again (yet), but consider my post a Rep to you!

I believe Juan got his point across that Jodi lied AFTER killing Travis, which is when Alyce interviewed her.

Someone doesn't become a good liar overnight. Jodi had plenty of practice, I believe.

And what the heck was that 'apology' all about?!?!
 
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Good grief...talk about grasping at straws because they know they haven't got a chance of winning this case. Nurmi and Willmott are beyond pathetic, and I am sure they will continue to beg for a mistrial on a daily basis. Witch trial?!? The only innocent person I see getting "burned at the stake," so to speak, is Travis, who according to LaViolette was abusive and the only pathological liar in the relationship (because she said Jodi only lied after the killing...isn't that when she talked to Jodi, though?? ) And she feels ok to make these claims without having spoken to anyone except Jodi, and reading cherry-picked texts and emails. What a detestable person she is.

Didn't Jodi dabble in witchcraft when she was with Bobby Juarez...in that sense maybe we do have a real witch on trial.
I keep reading in their request for a mistrial ... that Juan threw something ... a pen?? I don't recall Juan throwing anything at a witness. It had to be with doc quacksAlot. Do you recall him throwing something? I would think the judge would call him down immediately.

Have you noticed ... Arias, Samuels and ALV all are testifying in the same manner ... attempting to elaborate and trying their best not to answer a direct question. I think this is what is frustrating Juan Martinez but he is amazing the way he finally gets it out them. This ALV is a tough bird, it appears this is all beneath her ... she is after all the e x p e r t. ALV spent 44 hours with Arias and determines Arias is a battered woman!!!!

Yes, Arias was into wicca/witchcraft when she lived with Bobby ... and I recall when this came up at the start of the trial ... Bobby was into vampires or wanting to find a vampire. I know he was goth the first time she moved in with him. I don't know about the second time.

This morning the trial started so late ... the judge had the attorneys in chambers ... then called Arias in ... and then Arias was out and ALV was called in ... after that ALV was sent out and Samantha and the brother was called into the judges chambers. So perhaps something did happen Thursday. The reporter in the courtroom that I follow on Twitter posted that info ... the ins and outs of the judges chambers. Of course whatever happened will be sealed.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 08:12 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
This is three more live streaming ... no commercials ... no talking heads ... they are finished for the day as HLN drags it on out due to commercials and talking heads.

Local Livestream - CBS 5 - KPHO

Live Video | ABC15.com | Phoenix, Arizona | KNXV-TV | Local and Breaking News, Weather, Radar, Traffic, Life, Sports


CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories


In addition to watching the local TV stations, I open a new tab and ABC15 has reporter inside the courtroom that Tweets, he is good Corey Rangel @coreyABC15 ... he will reply to any questions too. KPHO has a reporter in the courtroom too that Tweets.
Good summary.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Good summary.
I have never had Twitter ... never sent a Tweet until this trial so I registered after watching the Arizona local TV stations with reporters in the courtroom doing the tweeting. LOL Corey Rangel with ABC15 is great. He tweets and replies to tweets when he is asked a question. Today he tweeted some guy was giving ALV a shoulder rub before they returned from lunch and a lady was giving her a pep talk as the guy worked on the shoulders ... someone tweeted all they needed was someone to play the Rocky Theme Song. ROFL

The lady that tweets on Channel KPHO doesn't go into details like Corey does.

I am so proud of myself I have sent 25 tweets and new technology blows me away. I am from the DOS days before Billy Gates even came out with Windows. I still have my DOS books with the old codes. I don't have a smart phone just a plain flip phone that belongs to hubby and I have never sent nor received a text message. But I sure can Tweet and he Tweets me back.
 
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,758,130 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I keep reading in their request for a mistrial ... that Juan threw something ... a pen?? I don't recall Juan throwing anything at a witness. It had to be with doc quacksAlot. Do you recall him throwing something? I would think the judge would call him down immediately.
I don't remember him throwing anything. I could picture a scenario where maybe he was gesticulating while talking and a pen could accidentally fly out of his hand...lol. But I really don't believe he would have purposely thrown an object at someone.

What was all that about a manifesto Jodi wrote in jail? Is that where she claimed to have an IQ higher than Einstein?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top