U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,505 times

Advertisements

She's not hiding her bias very well and I've lost count of how many times the judge has had to admonish her. Very combative...why won't she ever answer a simple yes or no question? She's more evasive than Jodi was up there! Between that and approaching Travis's sister in the gallery the other day, she shows a tremendous lack of professionalism.

I hope she doesn't spend her earnings from this trial on more ugly jackets!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
ALV has some nerve ... telling Juan "if you were in my group I would ask you to take a time out Mr. Martinez." Judge advises jury to disregard the comment. This woman is losing it ... asking Juan Martinez if he has seen "When Harry Met Sally" after Juan asked about orgasms. She is getting very combative.

The judge wants to hold court the next three Fridays which will take this case into May. No court on the 22 of April a juror has a conflict and another juror is asking for two days off ... no decision on the two days off yet. Arizona is pretty easy on jurors.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM

83 posts, read 90,512 times
I couldn't handle much more of this case if I was a juror. I think I'd find myself trying to talk to reporters at this point...lol

Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKH777 View Post
I couldn't handle much more of this case if I was a juror. I think I'd find myself trying to talk to reporters at this point...lol

I just wonder, not doubting the honesty of the jurors, but if they have watched any of the news about this case .. this has been going on since January.

At least they are not sequestered.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM

17,644 posts, read 11,215,003 times
We are all human, and even though they tell the jurors not to talk about it or watch anything on TV, you can bet at least some of them are. I mean, this thing has been going on forever, and I know I would have a hard time staying away from seeing what the news is saying. But it wouldn't affect my decision. I felt she was guilty as hell from day one and I haven't changed my mind one bit.

But maybe the jurors are all bored with so much of it anyway and the last thing they want to do is come home and see more of it.

Don

Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM

25,912 posts, read 39,216,922 times
I haven't been able to watch much of it the last couple of days only small pieces but this expert comes across as not very willing to answer any question other than from the defense when it was their turn...

If I was on the jury I wouldn't include her testimony and just judge based on Jodi's testimony and if that was believable or not...So GUILTY!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM

During the afternoon break today the judge had Alyce, Willmott and Nurmi in her chambers .... again!

Finally they are going to have court on Friday ... after all they start late every morning ... start late when they return from lunch ... start late from the breaks and take Friday's off. I hope this will speed things up.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
She's not hiding her bias very well and I've lost count of how many times the judge has had to admonish her. Very combative...why won't she ever answer a simple yes or no question? She's more evasive than Jodi was up there! Between that and approaching Travis's sister in the gallery the other day, she shows a tremendous lack of professionalism.

I hope she doesn't spend her earnings from this trial on more ugly jackets!
Alyce may get chilled in the courtroom ... I noticed the jackets too.

Arias and Willmott did their dress alike number today. I read Areas leaves the jail each morning in her striped jailhouse outfit and she would appear in that if her parents or defense team didn't provide her clothes for the trial. So she dresses when she arrives to court.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,172,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Alyce may get chilled in the courtroom ... I noticed the jackets too.

Arias and Willmott did their dress alike number today. I read Areas leaves the jail each morning in her striped jailhouse outfit and she would appear in that if her parents or defense team didn't provide her clothes for the trial. So she dresses when she arrives to court.
Oh, I know it about the clothes, which is what I referenced earlier in the "lookalike" attorney. So it sure makes one wonder who is picking ARIAS' clothes for the day, Interesting they don't use any nice stripes in her clothes.

Maybe Wilmott will need therapy from ALV as she's "lost her identity" to ARIAS. I'd actually be really interested to know who picks out the clothes and how in the world these two started looking like each other. In their own ways, to me, both of the DT acts like they have Stockholm's Syndrome. Numri just checks out. If he and ARIAS starting wearing similar clothes, time to call in Samuels to test them all.

Seriously, I would feel so bizarre and creepy if I were an attorney and a client in a murder case wanted to wear look-a-like clothes. I know they say her attorneys or family have to bring her clothes everyday. No one really clarifies who is bringing them. No parent is perfect and I don't know what really happened to ARIAS as a child abuse-wise. However, she always has family there. Are we to believe they have to know their daughter took another human's life, hates them (my word, I'm sure she has others) and yet they provide clean and different clothing for her? Or are the good tax payers of AZ indirectly financing clothing too by having JW bring clothes that her law firm had to probably buy and it got written off as some supplies for the trial?

Maybe Alyce can co-write, or be one of 3 contributors in a chapter in her next book, along with the DT, about clothing choices during trial.

I have to honestly say I guess ALV wears those clothes as she believes that is a professional look. Her CV that showed only one trial in the Midwest and some teaching in Japan, along with other good will assignments in Asia, of where she'd provided expert work outside of CA. I wondered how much in the big leagues ALV had testified. Sure, she's been an expert witness in CA (no disrespect for CA or the work ALV has done), but I wonder how many other national experts said no.

Ironically, I heard from a neuropsychologist friend of mine today, who is an expert witness in the testing and psychometrics. He administers DAYS of tests to arrive at his diagnoses and then works with physicians to get brain imaging or other testing to confirm his diagnoses, prior to trial. I'll have to ask him if he was contacted, despite his area of expertise being in subspecialty area of neuropsychology.

MSR

Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,549,459 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime