U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 PM

9,975 posts, read 9,495,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Arias trial fosters legion of dedicated court watchers

I live in Phoenix and I've defintely thought about trying to go view the trial in person many times, but I just can't get up that early in the morning! (Especially when there's a good chance of being turned away)
Is that a big courtroom? Watching the local TV stations all they show is Travis family on his side and Arias family on the other side. The lady that got sick last week and threw up was in the gallery. Is there a balcony? I don't blame you, those people are getting there in the middle of the night to get in just like the Casey Anthony trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Re-direct.

Here we go with the 'impressions' again...

I can't wait for the Jury questions!

I had to turn it off ... I didn't want to hear Willmott attempting to undo what Juan accomplished. I was hoping the jury questions would be next not Willmott on re-direct.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,805,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
What I'm saying is: I think Travis was flirting with disaster, and I think he was fully aware of it.

He was a likable guy, well respected. But his business was on a downward spiral. The enormous pressure to keep recruiting new Pre Paid Legal Account while keeping a successful appearance was only matched by the pressure to find a wife by age 30.
To clear 60k annually, he had to continuously recruit new accounts, and stay on top of all his downline to recruit. Apparently by his own texts he was struggling... "trying to save my business..."..."save my house". The house was into the foreclosure process, and he was accepting multiple roommates to try to bail it out. His car was having mechanical issues.I think he had an image to keep up, therefor didn't short sale,the logical solution.
Travis even began asking the various women he was dating to sign up for Pre Paid Legal, or if they had any contacts for him to sign up for pre paid legal.
I think Travis was spiraling down into desperation, and was exhibiting self destructive behavior and choices.

No, I don't think he deserved to be murdered, but I think he knew he was walking a thin line.
I don't see what his financial situation has to do with him being butchered to death by a psycho.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,805,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is that a big courtroom? Watching the local TV stations all they show is Travis family on his side and Arias family on the other side. The lady that got sick last week and threw up was in the gallery. Is there a balcony? I don't blame you, those people are getting there in the middle of the night to get in just like the Casey Anthony trial.

I had to turn it off ... I didn't want to hear Willmott attempting to undo what Juan accomplished. I was hoping the jury questions would be next not Willmott on re-direct.
I've only seen the courtroom on tv but from what I've read from courtroom observers, it is quite large. I don't know how many it can seat.

I kept the stream on for about half an hour of the redirect but it was too nauseating to continue. By some miracle ALV had no issues answering "yes" or "no" questions with Willmott! She perked right up and gave her short, rehearsed answers all about blaming the victim. I'm sure that the jury had to notice the change in her demeanor.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM

9,975 posts, read 9,495,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
AMEN to that

Yet, there are guys who would like to have a "quickie" with her, which was a thread on CD at least for a while. I suspect CD kind of deleted the bizarre thread about the guys who had ideas to try with ARIAS.

If she has the alleged girlfriend in jail, I don't know that women should feel any safer. She probably can't get extra gas cans in there, but who knows what guard she might seduce and weapons she might obtain. Or what other devices she might secure herself from other means in jail.

Since she is in jail, if she has an alleged relationship with another female inmate, I guess that could be ending soon if ARIAS goes to prison? Makes me wonder how long the other inmate has been in jail. If AVS is right about ARIAS' difficulty with relationships ending,I wouldn't want to be the alleged girlfriend in jail.

Wonder what ALV would say if ARIAS were in a "bad" relationship with a woman, which absolutely does happen. Still, I wonder if ALV would be as punishing to a deceased girlfriend vs. boyfriend.

MSR
They are not allowed ink pens in jail. The message she wrote in the magazine was in pencil. She has been caught with pens in her cell hiding them.

July 27, 2009
Fight w/ cell mate
JA claims self def
Cellmate pushes JA against wall
Cellmate pleads guilty

Oct 29, 2009
2 pens found
taped under bunk
Arias takes blame

Jan 1, 2010
19 unauthorized pictures she had

Aug 26, 2010
Disobeys instructor
ordered to return to cell

Mar 17, 2011
Unauthorized Creams
Anti itch
Anti fungal
Acne

May 13, 2011
2 pens found
hidden in shampoo

If there is a girlfriend she better be careful ... a ballpoint ink pen in the jugular would definitely hurt.

Arias is strip searched daily so she can't be removing anything from the courtroom ... but then again who knows. Apparently they don't trust her since she has to wear the stun belt and leg restraints. But then again the jury never gets to see these things. The judge allowed her to get on the stand prior to bringing in the jury. Some things in the judicial system is just not right.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM

18,937 posts, read 12,069,034 times
There is some speculation that Jodi feels she is famous now from this trial and all that has happened. I think she is still having problems with vocabulary. She is confusing FAMOUS with INFAMOUS. Some examples are:

Abe Lincoln is famous, as are Mother Theresa, Johnny Carson, and people like that.

On the other hand, Hitler, Charles Manson, Lizzy Borden, and folks like that are infamous. Jodi will go down in history just like her Sister in crime, Casey Anthony..........both will be regarded as being infamous.

If that is fame, let her have it, she has certainly earned it.

Don

Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,423,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There is some speculation that Jodi feels she is famous now from this trial and all that has happened. I think she is still having problems with vocabulary. She is confusing FAMOUS with INFAMOUS. Some examples are:

Abe Lincoln is famous, as are Mother Theresa, Johnny Carson, and people like that.

On the other hand, Hitler, Charles Manson, Lizzy Borden, and folks like that are infamous. Jodi will go down in history just like her Sister in crime, Casey Anthony..........both will be regarded as being infamous.

If that is fame, let her have it, she has certainly earned it.

Don
Don,

Great post. Why don't you print it on a paper and send it to her or DT? Nurmi could lecture ARIAS on the difference. That would be funny, IMHO.

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
What is an important lesson we could learn from this travesty?? Don't have sex for 8 hours with your stalker!!
Seriously trinity1111, I think a huge lesson to learn from this trial is to report anyone who feels like they are stalking you. Be the reporter a man or a woman. Let authorities know don't stay silent.

To me, if one life were saved because others became pro-active instead of thinking the behavior would just stop, then something good has come from it.

Good question, IMHO

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Men very rarely go to the police as victims of domestic violence. There is a huge stigma.

I think Travis was distancing himself from Jodi, but was not aware of the depth of her mental issues.
Jasper,

I Agree. And I hope men will learn from this to report stalkers. Who cares what others think. Just say, "ARIAS" and that will shut them up.

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 AM

12,763 posts, read 8,064,231 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is: I think Travis was flirting with disaster, and I think he was fully aware of it.
The problem with that is, where is the evidence that Travis INVITED Jodi to his house on June 4?
I have never heard of any, except what Jodi said..that he was expecting her.

Of course, I could have missed that evidence. If so, I'd like to hear it.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM

Someone may have testified about this previously and I might not know, since I've only been able to directly hear parts of this trial myself.

I think ALV in particular commented on many IMs, texts etc. between ARIAS and T.A. What I wonder if anyone addressed is did anyone check to see if ARIAS had hacked into T.A.'s account to send herself the I.M.'s and/or texts that she received from T.A. during the last 2 weeks of his life?

Fox Terrier makes a good point, IMHO, about where is a different source of confirmation ARIAS was expected by T.A.? Wasn't he going to Cancun the next morning WITHOUT her? I am confused why he'd want ARIAS around if he was leaving Mesa and without her. Yes, he had mentioned taking her with him at one point; however, she knew she wasn't going.

If she wanted to get even with him for being scorned/shamed or whatever, arriving when he was gone would have given her an opportunity to do physical damage to his property, not him.

And when were his tires slashed twice? I know it was when he was with a different female (be it a potential love interest, friend, client - I don't really care - it was a non-ARIAS female), that his tires were slashed and I thought the female's were as well. But I might be confused.

Does anyone know an approximate date of when the tires were slashed?

Can you even imagine the reams of testimony and other evidence the jury will have to review? Mind-boggling to me

Thanks,

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime