Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

fruitlassie,

After reading your link to Det. Flores's investigation report; it further strengthens my belief’s that Jodi shot Travis first and then stabbed him. The reason I say that is because of the testimony about Travis being a kick boxer and in great shape. How many pounds did he have on Jodi?

My contention is that she shot him maybe in the tub. She could have forced him to get down or just surprised him with her stolen gun. The bullet entered over his left eye and lodged in his cheek. Possibly it destroyed his vision in his right eye? It definitely stunned him and could have caught him off guard. It would have been the handicap, that the smaller frame and less muscular Jodi, needed to stab him almost thirty times. The two lethal wounds to Travis were the stab wound to the heart and the slashed neck.

Jodi had her own gun; but probably brought her stolen grandfather's weapon. She went to great links to hide her trip to Travis. She did not want anybody to connect her to the crime scene. If Travis was still moving and breathing, after shot in the head; she had to finish him off. She did not want him to even twitch. She did not want him to live to testify against her. If the gun did not jam; I think she would have emptied the weapon. Or perhaps she did not have a magazine?

The .25 is a very weak gun. The bullets do not have a lot of energy. But they are more than capable of disorienting the victim. I just think that Travis would have had a fighting chance of delivering serious injury to Jodi if he was stabbed first. It just does not make sense to me that he was stabed first.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,086 times
Thanks Don!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Apparently the person posting the tweets is her friend Donovan - I think this is the one people rumored to be Jodi's girlfriend. You may have seen her on tv, looks kind of like the Newman character from Seinfeld. Given Jodi's history of sexual manipulation, I have a feeling that explains Donovan's willingness to do favors for her "friend."

The jurors' questions today were very thoughtful and showed that they are paying careful attention. Two of them asked LaViolette why she kept looking over to Jodi and smiling or doing a shoulder shrug. Several questions asking whether Jodi could have been the perpetrator of abuse in the relationship. LaViolette's answer? "I don't see anything to support that." She also didn't think Jodi lied to her, and that it wasn't abusive for Jodi to kick her mother because she was a teenager at the time! I believe her bias is plain for the world to see and has only hurt Jodi's case even more.

Donovan Bering is posting the tweets for Arias... she also has a Facebook page. Donovan met Arias at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Donovan was incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. Donovan then introduced Arias to her friend Mary Campbell and asked Mary to visit Arias. Mary was the person that Arias passed the coded magazines to. Donovan is a she/he.

Just another example of more manipulation by Arias. If phone calls are a privilege I would think the jail would not allow Arias any phone calls.

Donovan in the blue and Mary Campbell in the black. Both talk with Arias via telephone almost every day and they have been attending the trial sitting with the Arias family.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-11-2013 at 09:14 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Good questions MSR!

I do not like how protective Alyce is and how she avoids answering questions. I also do not like how ridged her testimony is – no wiggle room. Sometimes it sounds as if Jodi is on the stand; instead of Alyce.

There was a replay this morning of the prosecution going over the 'stalking' incident where Jodi looked in window. Alyce could not give a yes or no answer and then qualified it with “It was only a very short time”. How did she know it was a short time? Was she there? Or; did she rely totally on the statements of a known liar? Regardless; she is giving 'expert' testimony on hearsay.

As I have said before: If there is evidence to support Jodi's claims against Travis; then let us hear the evidence. Otherwise; why are they allowed to trash the dead?

I am not a Psychotherapist, but I do know the difference between a peeping tom/tomisina and a stalker. Arias pulled up in the driveway ... went to the front door ... did not ring the doorbell or knock on the door ... she did not make her presence known. Instead sneaks around to rear of the home and looks in the window ... not just in passing either. She stopped and looked inside ... saw Travis kissing a woman and the bra being unhooked. How much more did she watch before she left?

That is stalking ... she knew the home, she knew the resident in the home and she was stalking him. The court will not allow the word "peeping" ... when Juan Martinez said 'peeping' of course Willmott objected as Nurmi lays back in his chair relaxing. LOL

Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Gee, I wonder where that rumor came from about Jodi having a "Girlfriend" ? Donovan sure doesn't look the part to me.

Don

Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Donovan Bering is posting the tweets for Arias... she also has a Facebook page. Donovan met Arias at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Donovan was incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. Donovan then introduced Arias to her friend Mary Campbell and asked Mary to visit Arias. Mary was the person that Arias passed the coded magazines to. Donovan is a she/he.

Just another example of more manipulation by Arias. If phone calls are a privilege I would think the jail would not allow Arias any phone calls.

Donovan in the blue and Mary Campbell in the black. Both talk with Arias via telephone almost every day and they have been attending the trial sitting with the Arias family.
Thanks C.W. I was wondering who this "Donovan" person was. A friend from jail. I can't even think about ARIAS in jail - now having a Twitter acct. via Donovan and who knows what other favors from her supporters in jail. However, I might want to be a friend to a self-confessed killer too vs. be on her bad side, at least while I was locked behind bars in the same facility.

The news just said ARIAS gets 16 hrs. of phone calls/week. Wow, is that normal for others in jail?

I really don't want to see another trial, but doesn't "Miss Einstein" get it that information she sends out can be used against her?

So I hear the DT is bringing someone new in as a witness. Probably someone posted here previously who this person is. I'm wondering if it's the Mark or whatever his name is.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 04-11-2013 at 11:22 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Gee, I wonder where that rumor came from about Jodi having a "Girlfriend" ? Donovan sure doesn't look the part to me.

Don
Don,

I always look forward to your summary posts : ARIAS may not be Donovan's type

Keep posting, I laugh when I read your remarks.

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The information about the tire slashing incidents are in Det. Flores's investigation report. The relevant information is on Page 14. Lisa Andrews stated it was around December 2007. She also told him about the threatening email she had received and that Travis had attempted to make a police report, but was kept on hold for hours and gave up.

I believe there was a Verizon employee that testified that the last recorded calls between Jodi and Travis were a day or two before she got to Mesa. My feeling is that she manipulated him by saying she was going to meet her new love interest Ryan Burns in Utah and just wanted to crash at his place for a few hours, and of course have sex. Now that she had been back in CA for some time, perhaps he did not feel as threatened as he had when she was living in Mesa. Perhaps he let his sex drive get the better of him and assuming Jodi had moved on to Ryan, he didn't foresee the danger in one last "booty call."

I don't think property damage would have satisfied Jodi by this point. She wanted Travis to be either with her, or dead.
Interesting info fruitlassie, thanks. It's been weeks ago that I read his report and compared to daily life it kind of sunk into the background for me.

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly. When Verizon stated the last recorded calls, does that mean recorded by ARIAS or Verizon? What about a pre-purchased phone that could be thrown away?

To be honest, I get confused how many times she surprised him with her various surprise visits. If that last visit to his house he was in his office and she watched him for a while etc. in some ways I know if he really knew she was coming.

I agree T.A. probably felt safer with her in CA. and it seems like they were both willing partners in the sexual activity. And I absolutely agree, unfortunately, property damage wouldn't be enough for ARIAS at that point.

What's this I'm hearing on the news - new journals removed from ARIAS' jail cell?

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Tweeting thru a friend?? That would make it: Hearsay Tweeting!! lol
Sounds interesting trinity1111. The jail confirmed tonight that the remarks were from ARIAS, otherwise it might be classified as something else. As attorneys said, Twitter wasn't imaged when the first amendment was put in place.

Now every person in jail who has someone on the outside who can afford the phone calls and is willing to post their thoughts could have a Twitter account.

Just when C. Anthony made history with bizarre things she did, ARIAS changes that bar again.

MSR

Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 PM

Donovan just posted a tweet ... 2 hrs ago ... from Arias ... "I hear my website is beautiful. To bad I can't see it."

The jail confirmed the tweets are from Arias and they cannot stop this as Arias is allowed 16 hours a week to make phone calls. So she calls Donovan who handles this Twitter account for her. She talks to Donovan on the phone every day.

One tweet said she just finished 5 drawings which will be on SJ's website in a few weeks. Who is SJ?

https://twitter.com/Jodiannarias

If she continues to sell her drawings she can pay the money toward her defense team.

Sold Art | Jodi Arias Art

I did see her drawings when they went on eBay by some guy that listed them for her. Of course I am sure there is a lot of scams out there right now trying to cash in on the Arias name. She has a tweet on April 10 "It's ridiculous to buy my mail from anyone when I will write you FOR FREE.......Don't get suckered!!!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime