U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Too bad Pre Paid Legal didn't represent Jodi. They could have got her off the death penalty and got all this advertisement.
Guess she didn't pay her monthly premium.
Instead they distanced themselves from Travis and changed their name.
Funny, trinity1111

MSR

 
Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,760,948 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Interesting info fruitlassie, thanks. It's been weeks ago that I read his report and compared to daily life it kind of sunk into the background for me.

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly. When Verizon stated the last recorded calls, does that mean recorded by ARIAS or Verizon? What about a pre-purchased phone that could be thrown away?
A Verizon employee testified for the defense back in January as to the time and date of the last recorded (by Verizon) calls Travis made to Jodi. They were on June 2. So he might have been expecting her, or they could have argued about Cancun, etc. and it's possible he did not realize she would show up at his house. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Didn't think Alyce could make my blood pressure go any higher, but I was gobsmacked this morning when a jury member asked her if Jodi couldn't have been the abuse perpetrator since Travis was the one with a gunshot to the head, close to 30 stab wounds and a four inch deep cut to the throat...and she said no. Is she the most obtuse person alive? I hope the end of her professional reputation was worth it to her.
 
Old 04-13-2013, 07:17 AM
 
Location: in my mind
4,758 posts, read 6,545,592 times
Reputation: 9501
I really like this artwork of Jodi Arias, published in the Phoenix Times, by artist Graham Smith.

I feel the artist truly captured the deadness in her eyes in a very compelling way. Its an excellent portrait in that sense- because it conveys something very meaningful about the inner person who it portrays.

Here is a link to his blog where he discusses his work, and on this linked post, his Jodi Arias portrait: Graham Smith Illustration Blog: Jodi Arias - my creepiest drawing in a while

 
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,432 posts, read 11,748,400 times
Reputation: 10823
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
A Verizon employee testified for the defense back in January as to the time and date of the last recorded (by Verizon) calls Travis made to Jodi. They were on June 2. So he might have been expecting her, or they could have argued about Cancun, etc. and it's possible he did not realize she would show up at his house. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Didn't think Alyce could make my blood pressure go any higher, but I was gobsmacked this morning when a jury member asked her if Jodi couldn't have been the abuse perpetrator since Travis was the one with a gunshot to the head, close to 30 stab wounds and a four inch deep cut to the throat...and she said no. Is she the most obtuse person alive? I hope the end of her professional reputation was worth it to her.
Alyce drives me nuts with her answers. It is almost as if she either hates men or something in her past identifies with Travis. I did remember that, on the stand, she testified that she had some male friends – she did not mention her home life or husband. I tried to find out personal information about her. I did find twenty pages of her achievements – most dealing with battered women. I really do not want to condemn Alyce of being a male hater without talking to her or interviewing her best friends. I need first hand information – but hasn't Alyce condemned Travis on her feelings and suspicions and lies?

It just goes against my grain to condemn the dead without going the extra mile. Hearsay, from a known liar, does not meet that qualification. It does not make me think better of the 'expert'.
 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM
 
665 posts, read 865,251 times
Reputation: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
A Verizon employee testified for the defense back in January as to the time and date of the last recorded (by Verizon) calls Travis made to Jodi. They were on June 2. So he might have been expecting her, or they could have argued about Cancun, etc. and it's possible he did not realize she would show up at his house. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Didn't think Alyce could make my blood pressure go any higher, but I was gobsmacked this morning when a jury member asked her if Jodi couldn't have been the abuse perpetrator since Travis was the one with a gunshot to the head, close to 30 stab wounds and a four inch deep cut to the throat...and she said no. Is she the most obtuse person alive? I hope the end of her professional reputation was worth it to her.
That woman made me sick too. What on earth is wrong with her, is she being paid so much that she will say anything.
 
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,760,948 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Alyce drives me nuts with her answers. It is almost as if she either hates men or something in her past identifies with Travis. I did remember that, on the stand, she testified that she had some male friends she did not mention her home life or husband. I tried to find out personal information about her. I did find twenty pages of her achievements most dealing with battered women. I really do not want to condemn Alyce of being a male hater without talking to her or interviewing her best friends. I need first hand information but hasn't Alyce condemned Travis on her feelings and suspicions and lies?

It just goes against my grain to condemn the dead without going the extra mile. Hearsay, from a known liar, does not meet that qualification. It does not make me think better of the 'expert'.
I really don't know if she hates men in general but the contempt she displayed toward "Mr. Martinez" and the true victim in this case, who she never met, is enough to make me loathe her. If she sincerely believes the stuff she was saying, she's way too naive and clueless to be an expert on any kind of human behavior. If she didn't believe it, she's simply unprofessional and unethical for saying what she did just for a paycheck. Either way, the jury cannot be impressed with her testimony and the judge seems disgusted with her too. Is she going to be in trouble for perjury, for talking to Travis's sister, or both?
 
Old 04-13-2013, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,205,993 times
Reputation: 37675
The one line that Alyce came up with that made me fall out of my chair was the one where one of the jury questions was about Jodi being such a good liar. Alyce's response was something to the effect that "Jodi isn't a very good liar otherwise she would have come up with a BETTER STORY than the one that she told. " WHAT ??????? I think Jodi is even a better liar than Casey Anthony, and that is saying something !!!!!

I mean, Jodi can come up with tall tales as if she is reading them chapter and verse, and she does it right on the run. Her lies are so elaborate that to say she isn't an accomplished liar shows exactly how Alyce has rose colored glasses on in her assessment of Jodi.

Jodi is so crooked that if you shook hands with her you would have to count your fingers afterward.

Don
 
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,316 times
Reputation: 1466
Last week's trial seemed to me exceptionally straining to follow. And I'm at home on a comfy couch, with snacks!!

I would imagine the jurors are fatigued. Adding Friday might have been pushing it, one juror went down on day 5 of that week. If it was only 4 days, he would have had the 3 day weekend to recover.

Judge Stevens seemed snippy. Then, Jodi allegedly tweeting with help from a past jail-mate, photo's of Alyce dining with ticket # 36 ,supposedly Travis talking from beyond the 'grave'...(he would have been 36 this year on his birthday....)

Even Juan was uncharacteristically silly...asking if Alyce had "interviewed Travis".

I half expect HNL to arraigned a seance with Travis....or have their 'psychic' talk to him....... geez.....what's next??
 
Old 04-13-2013, 06:55 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,316 times
Reputation: 1466
The portrait of Jodi is strikingly eerie. She's calm and stoic, yet covered in blood and guilt.....
 
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I really like this artwork of Jodi Arias, published in the Phoenix Times, by artist Graham Smith.

I feel the artist truly captured the deadness in her eyes in a very compelling way. Its an excellent portrait in that sense- because it conveys something very meaningful about the inner person who it portrays.

Here is a link to his blog where he discusses his work, and on this linked post, his Jodi Arias portrait: Graham Smith Illustration Blog: Jodi Arias - my creepiest drawing in a while
Going to bid on it, KittenSparkles? I hear Ebay shut her acct. down so now she has her own website to show her art.

Excuse for being so ignorant..... are these OLD paintings she did sometime in the past, or are these somehow new paintings?

Nice post - ok, informational post

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top