U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 10:00 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,160,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The one line that Alyce came up with that made me fall out of my chair was the one where one of the jury questions was about Jodi being such a good liar. Alyce's response was something to the effect that "Jodi isn't a very good liar otherwise she would have come up with a BETTER STORY than the one that she told. " WHAT ??????? I think Jodi is even a better liar than Casey Anthony, and that is saying something !!!!!

I mean, Jodi can come up with tall tales as if she is reading them chapter and verse, and she does it right on the run. Her lies are so elaborate that to say she isn't an accomplished liar shows exactly how Alyce has rose colored glasses on in her assessment of Jodi.

Jodi is so crooked that if you shook hands with her you would have to count your fingers afterward.

Don
LOL like always.

GREAT post Don.

MSR

Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,160,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
A Verizon employee testified for the defense back in January as to the time and date of the last recorded (by Verizon) calls Travis made to Jodi. They were on June 2. So he might have been expecting her, or they could have argued about Cancun, etc. and it's possible he did not realize she would show up at his house. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Didn't think Alyce could make my blood pressure go any higher, but I was gobsmacked this morning when a jury member asked her if Jodi couldn't have been the abuse perpetrator since Travis was the one with a gunshot to the head, close to 30 stab wounds and a four inch deep cut to the throat...and she said no. Is she the most obtuse person alive? I hope the end of her professional reputation was worth it to her.
I didn't hear any testimony yesterday or see anything. I'm thinking I'm the benefactor here.

I really didn't think I could write this, but it may be ALV is making Samuels look better.

Thanks for the info, fruitlassie.

MSR

Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,199,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
The portrait of Jodi is strikingly eerie. She's calm and stoic, yet covered in blood and guilt.....
I think its a great pic!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM

4,756 posts, read 6,536,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Going to bid on it, KittenSparkles? I hear Ebay shut her acct. down so now she has her own website to show her art.

Excuse for being so ignorant..... are these OLD paintings she did sometime in the past, or are these somehow new paintings?

MSR
This is a ridiculous comment and shows that you didn't even read my post.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,121 times
I think MSR misunderstood, and thought it was a self-portrait.

Well tomorrow, if I follow correctly, brings a new expert witness. This would be the prosecution's witness so I think it'll be very interesting to view Jodi and Travis's relationship from a different angle.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I really like this artwork of Jodi Arias, published in the Phoenix Times, by artist Graham Smith.

I feel the artist truly captured the deadness in her eyes in a very compelling way. Its an excellent portrait in that sense- because it conveys something very meaningful about the inner person who it portrays.

WOW ... he truly captured how I would imagine Arias looked as she carried out the murder ... she traveled to Mesa on a mission and she carried it out. I don't think there was any fear in Arias and Graham Smith portrays that in his drawing ... boy he is good. I don't find the picture creepy at all. I would imagine it was creepy for Mr. Smith as he did the drawing.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:20 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Arias' brother was selling her artwork on eBay in January 2013. His eBay name was 0817soldierofchrist ... that account is now closed. I checked it out in January and the artwork was going for $60.00 - $200.00. Who would want her artwork ... maybe it was family members making the purchase.

Four months later, now that she is infamous/famous/smart as Einstein and has her own website the cost of her artwork has escalated. Or maybe it's just inflation. COL in jail must be expensive. But if she receives the death penalty and after 20 years of appeals she is executed ... dead artist work is worth more money.

But ... she is not indigent if the money keeps flowing in for her artwork. I realize her income is no where near the million dollar cost of this trial but she needs to be paying ALV for the off the wall assessment not the taxpayers of Arizona.

What is the daily rate for a juror in Arizona. Here it's like $19.00 a day plus mileage to and from the courthouse and believe me they don't ask your mileage they have it down to the tenth of a mile.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,185,645 times
Speaking of being indigent, what is going on with Jodi's Sister in Crime Casey Anthony ? She is supposedly broke, has no job, but she is still living somewhere, eating 3 times a day, and being driven around by Chaney Mason to go to court appearances for bankruptcy and stuff like that. How does she get money to survive ?

Maybe someone is banking on Casey getting a big payday if she ever sells her story for a book or movie, but it would simply be a fictional account because you can't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

Jodi is in pretty much the same situation except she has housing and food provided by the State of Arizona, who has also picked up a pretty hefty tab for her trial so far ($ 1.4 million, they say). It is pretty sad when someone like Jodi or Casey can get great representation at our expense, but 99% of the criminals who don't have money have to settle for a slam, bam, thank you maam kind of defense team.

Justice is equal for all, but a little more equal if you have money or some notoriety to your case, it seems.

Don

Old 04-14-2013, 12:42 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,121 times
The term for a killer's artwork would be 'Murderabilia'.

It wouldn't be the first time a killer sold their artwork on an online website. Somewhat controversial, prisoners argued on free speech rights.

2 senators introduced a bill to congress.The bill is called the "Stop the Sale of Murderabilia to Protect the Dignity of Crime Victims Act of 2010".

I'm not sure if the bill was passed. Also, I'm not certain on the complex laws
of asset forfeiture or Son of Sam law. Basically, my limited understanding is that they are designed to remove the profitability of crimes, with Son of Sam law being designed to prevent criminals to take advantage of the notoriety of their crime.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM

4,756 posts, read 6,536,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
WOW ... he truly captured how I would imagine Arias looked as she carried out the murder ... she traveled to Mesa on a mission and she carried it out. I don't think there was any fear in Arias and Graham Smith portrays that in his drawing ... boy he is good. I don't find the picture creepy at all. I would imagine it was creepy for Mr. Smith as he did the drawing.
Yes, this is why I believe its an excellent portrait. Its not just a picture of her face that he drew. It captures aspects of her personality and conveys them to the viewer. I just can't get over the look in her eyes in that portrait - they just look dead cold to me. And it really impresses me that an artist can capture something like that.

If you read his blog post about this painting, you will see that the art editors at the Phoenix Times added most of the red color that is on there. Either way, its compelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime