U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
This far into the trial and as much money that as been invested it's going to take Juan physically attacking a witness or running through the courtroom naked for the judge to declare a mistrial.
I would pay good money to see that.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 AM

23,258 posts, read 34,360,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I would pay good money to see that.
Haha...Jodi had some power over others, but she has run out of her options and it must be scary for her to be closer to the verdict each day and minute...that alone is good to know since Travis had no defense and was a lame sheep that was slaughtered because Jodi made sure his feet were wet so he was basically harmless. It takes a "special" person to come up with something like this and listening to the parents during their interigation, is all telling!

Very sad for every one involved except for Jodi! She will get what she deserves and I hope we will not hear from her again like Scott Peterson...but probably some crazy person will keep asking her to marry, visit her, etc...but that will be the most she will get out of her remaining days on this earth.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM

26,716 posts, read 16,418,866 times
I thought Alyce LaViolette was supposed to report to court today for some reason. Does anyone know if she did, and if so, for what?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM

8 posts, read 7,207 times
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Murderers don't think very rationally, especially when romance is involved.http://xin70.info/17.jpghttp://xin70.info/18.jpghttp://xin70.info/19.jpghttp://xin70.info/20.jpg

Last edited by Erin606; 04-16-2013 at 09:40 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 PM

2,471 posts, read 5,000,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought Alyce LaViolette was supposed to report to court today for some reason. Does anyone know if she did, and if so, for what?
I think she was there in the morning. It had to do with her speaking to Travis' sister.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 PM

11,381 posts, read 7,235,487 times
This latest prosecution witness is a lot more sensible than the two the defense put up IMO. She might be young, and they are trying to pick apart her credentials, but she seems to have the guts to stand up to the defense questioning. I wonder how little Miss Arias likes hearing that someone actually didn't fall for her BS story ?

According to some of the HLN reporters who were in court the jury is really paying attention to her and taking a ton of notes. I sure hope they are believing everything she says because her version seems a lot more plausible than anything any of the other "experts" have come out with.

Don

Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,252 times
Dr. DeMarte came off as very credible and more professional than the defense witnesses by far. I was cringing when Willmott started her cross exam - sounded like an inept HR person doing a job interview. It was pitiful. I wonder if she's going to be up late "cramming" tonight in order to sound halfway intelligent tomorrow...but frankly I don't think she should waste her time.

Jodi had her head down virtually the whole day just scrawling away - maybe a new drawing or new manifesto, or a sequel to the Book of Mormon. I don't think anything ticks her off as much as a person that can truly see her for what she is.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 AM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I think she was there in the morning. It had to do with her speaking to Travis' sister.
Maybe she gets to stay free a night in Mesa, courtesy of Mesa Tax payers, so she can be close to ARIAS, for her inappropriate behavior.

MSR

Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Arias is not as good a liar as Casey Anthony was ... Casey could weave a tale ... a tall tale and six months later repeat it verbatim and even add more imaginary characters. She never deviated from the Zenaida story along with all the imaginary friends.

Casey filed bankruptcy in the amount of $792,000 and she owes:
Jose Baez $500,000 (he needs to give her a job & let her work it off)
Orange County Sheriff's office $145,660.21
IRS $68,540.00
Others including her mother and consultants with no amounts listed.

The representation depends upon the charge ... in a capital punishment case if the person is indigent and the court has to appoint an attorney it has to be a death penalty qualified criminal defense attorney. If you will recall Jose Baez was the ambulance chasing attorney that did not meet the death penalty qualifications and Chaney Mason stepped in pro bono as he is death penalty qualified in the state of Florida. '

Jennifer Willmott is death penalty qualified in the state of Arizona. I don't know about Nurmi since his website consists of getting sexual offenders off.

In my county, if you are indigent and you are charged with a crime (not capital punishment) you can apply for a public defender upon completing the application and paying the $40.00 fee and you receive a forty dollar lawyer. LOL
I realize Baez took the case based on another jail mate of Anthony's recommended him. I don't know their agreement for Anthony paying him, but I doubt he'll have her babysit anytime soon. .....

Conversely, BAEZ has gotten huge cases he would have never gotten, national media attention as a commentator and guest, about ARIAS and others, not just ANTHONY, had he not pulled off the impossible.

Wonder if Chaney Mason has any thoughts about changing gun laws since I remember him talking about the guns they had around when the Anthony trial was going on. I don't know what he's doing driving her around. Is he still practicing? Maybe he retired; if so perhaps either as community service or maybe a church thing to help bring Casey along in life, maybe Chaney is going to "guide her" often to keep her out of jail ? LOL......

MSR

Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I think MSR misunderstood, and thought it was a self-portrait.

Well tomorrow, if I follow correctly, brings a new expert witness. This would be the prosecution's witness so I think it'll be very interesting to view Jodi and Travis's relationship from a different angle.
Thanks trinity1111,

Exactly right. Thanks for clarifying while I've been so limited in my internet access (traveling). I would have missed it otherwise.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime