Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,935,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Is there any reason why this particular crime Ms. Arias is accused of and is currently being tried for demands the media spotlight? Please reply in short, easy-to-understand sentences.
We have murder trials going on all over the country but this one has drawn big media attention including social media attention.

Why??? Because it has all the ingredients the media likes to feed us, pretty young girl, sex, more sex, kinky sex, Mormon background, overkill murder, shooting, stabbing, slashing victim's throat from ear to ear, lies upon lies, deceit, more lies, not the greatest defense lawyers and a killer prosecutor. In addition she has admitted on the stand to killing Travis Alexander.

I only watch it when Juan Martinez the Prosecutor is questioning a witness ... one of the defense lawyers drones on and puts me to sleep. But Martinez keeps things popping.

In addition Arizona allows the jury to submit questions they have for a witness, over and above what the DT and Prosecution has ask ... I have never seen this type of trial. I like the idea of allowing the jury to ask questions. We don't do that where I live.

I don't watch the case on TV, I watch it live streaming on my computer. No commercials/ads and no talking heads, just the trial.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,548,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This video claims that two people can be found in the reflection of Travis's eye. I watched it a couple time carefully. My impression is that it is Jodi holding a camera which flashed in the center of Travis's eye when she took his picture. Another video claims that three people can be seen in the reflection of Travis's eye with Jodi kneeling while taking the photo. However, if Jodi was kneeling while she took this picture, the angle of Travis's face would have been from below instead of straight on.

Watch the short videos and see what your impression is.

Travis Alexander Killers in His Right Eye - YouTube

Travis Alexander People In His Eye HD - YouTube

Travis Alexander The People In His Eye - YouTube
Wow. There's definitely blockage of the backlight, and the image of 2 persons standing. Riveting. That would explain the look on Travis's face, fright, shock. Flight or Fight...........

It certainly would not surprise me if there's more people involved.
So much does not add up.
It would explain the bootprint left in blood, the impossible 62 second timeline, the mystery death of Ashley who died "of natural causes" after she called police implicating her husband as Travis's murderer, Zac the roommate lack of memory, non reaction to the decomposing body, renting a car the day Travis was murdered.
Where was Travis headed to when he left the bathroom,? Why didn't he take on Jodi in the bathroom, why go down the hall?

In murders the pieces come together. In this case, Jodi acting alone doesn't add up.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM

10,062 posts, read 12,743,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
In addition Arizona allows the jury to submit questions they have for a witness, over and above what the DT and Prosecution has ask ... I have never seen this type of trial. I like the idea of allowing the jury to ask questions. We don't do that where I live.
Is the jury asking smart or stupid questions?
Maybe one reason the trial is lasting so long is because everyone involved seems to be enjoying the limelight.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,548,823 times
The questions seem to be pretty sharp. The psychological aspect of violence is interesting.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-21-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,042,530 times
Quote:
Is there any reason why this particular crime Ms. Arias is accused of and is currently being tried for demands the media spotlight? Please reply in short, easy-to-understand sentences.

Two words: anal sex.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Is the jury asking smart or stupid questions?
Maybe one reason the trial is lasting so long is because everyone involved seems to be enjoying the limelight.
The questions the jury had for Jodi Arias was good (at least I thought so) ... my favorite; "After all the lies you have told, why should we believe you now?"

This doc quack gets on my nerves ... of course at $250.00 an hour I would drone on and on too. Only thing he has said today in reply to a juror's questions that sticks in my mind, I forgot the question but his reply ... "PTSD is not a "get out of jail free" diagnosis." Of course my thoughts on his reply since my mind wanders when he blabs on was ... I always like to buy Boardwalk and Park Avenue when I play and I like to draw 'get out of jail free' cards.

I like the jury being able to ask questions but this witness is repeating the same thing over and over and over and making big money off the taxpayers of Arizona.

I think the trial is dragging along ... I realize with a death penalty case things are different. But the judge needs to get on the ball and have everyone report to court to start at 9:00 AM Arizona time and start on time ... take a break 10:15-10:30 and get back in there .... lunch break at 12:00 - 1:15 PM and another 15 minute break and continue on until 5:00 PM ... five days a week ... this taking every Friday off is dumb. The jury is not sequestered they can go home. I know they take an oath but I wonder after all this time if they have sneaked a peak at a newspaper, the internet or TV.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Two words: anal sex.
Advertisement for KY Jelly.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,610,099 times
This shrink is a liar. "MOST people exhibit disassociative amnesia..." ????

I guess he doesn't know about all the many people who have murdered their abusers and can testify to what happened to them with no problem.

I was terribly abused for 15 years; it took me five years to actually get away (from the first time I knew I had to, to when I actually did get away). I have no problem remembering things that were done to me. There were many times after I got away that I wished I could get brainwashed to remove the horrible memories! There were times I wished I could take my head off and set it down somewhere just to get away from the thoughts and memories.

Granted, I did not kill my abuser, although I did think about killing myself, many times. I was lucky to get away with my life.

That's why I know Jodi is lying. If you are afraid of someone; if they abused you; you don't drive a thousand miles to go see them and have sex with them.

This whole trial makes me sick!!!!
That $250/hr pseudo-shrink makes me sick!!!!

Jodi, especially, makes me SICK!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,441,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

That's why I know Jodi is lying. If you are afraid of someone; if they abused you; you don't drive a thousand miles to go see them and have sex with them.
I'm glad you never went back to your abuser, but from what I've heard, the biggest fear of people who work at shelters is that the women will decide to go back. And that's with all the support in the shelter, counseling, etc. I don't know if Jodi was abused or not, but the fact she went back is not proof that she was not abused.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,610,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm glad you never went back to your abuser, but from what I've heard, the biggest fear of people who work at shelters is that the women will decide to go back. And that's with all the support in the shelter, counseling, etc. I don't know if Jodi was abused or not, but the fact she went back is not proof that she was not abused.
Oh, I had tried to leave a few times. Usually it was for a couple of days. However, we had been living together for ten years at the time I realized that I HAD to leave. Our lives, our finances, our child, were all intertwined, unlike this case with Jodi and Travis. They never lived together. They didn't have a joint bank account. They didn't have a child together.

I understand what you are saying, but the circumstances are totally different. For example, it's obvious that Travis desperately wanted to cut off communications with Jodi. He did not want to have any more contact with her. I don't believe her when she says Travis was expecting her on June 4. There is no evidence that Travis called her and invited her (or demanded that she see him, which is what a true abuser would do). There is no evidence of any type of communication from Travis to Jodi saying he loved her, he was sorry, and he wanted her to come back.

Very, very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime