Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
No, I'm not aware of any offers. Would be interesting to know. the fact they are in trial of course means they didn't accept an offer, if there was one.
Yes, this is and interesting case. And, you are right, lies will sway the jury. As is the case in many crimes of passion, if they come clean there is more sympathy. You are likely correct that this will hurt her.

I personally am not for or against her. But, I still think the Pros. may be playing it risky pounding her on some real trivial matters...But, maybe he is gonna pull out harder questions after he lulls her into thinking his questions will be all along this line.
The defense asked for a 2nd degree murder plea - and the prosecution said no. I am thinking they should have taken that deal - but that's just me...

Old 03-30-2013, 01:39 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Here is the story about the plea deal.
Did Jodi Arias try to make a plea deal? | HLNtv.com

Old 03-30-2013, 06:51 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am extremely empathetic to men and women trapped in abusive relationships, but I get frustrated when this is used as a defense of choice, when this case does not appear to me to meet that criteria. It negates true victims of domestic violence.
Eloquently put! I agree with you. I also take offense to using military/police/hero instances of PTSD to compare with cases such as this.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am extremely empathetic to men and women trapped in abusive relationships, but I get frustrated when this is used as a defense of choice, when this case does not appear to me to meet that criteria. It negates true victims of domestic violence.
For the sake of argument, verbal/mental abuse can be just as damaging, if not more, than physical abuse. Degrading ones' psyche has heavier ramifications, IMO, than physical abuse.

I think the defense is steering in the direction of verbal abuse and its' consequences. The defense just may have a very salient case-in-point for the jurors to ponder over...

Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Yes, emotional abuse is terrible. I agree. But Jodie did not even live with Travis. A completely different dynamic.

Jodie is classic Borderline Personality Disorder, she does not fit the true criteria of an abuse victim like Hedda Nussbaum, who had a dependent personality.

This relationship was no doubt addictive, drama filled, and twisted. Something BPD people crave. And create. The more chaotic the better. Travis was caught like a fly in a trap. I believe some of the verbal abuse was to push Jodie, to get her to leave him. He was too addicted to break it up, so maybe he thought if he was cruel enough she would leave, not realizing that BPD find that treatment addicting.

Just a theory. But I rarely think victims of murder, "deserved" it. No justification. And the extreme violence displayed is truly gruesome.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
For any abused person to travel the amount of miles Jodi traveled when she killed Travis, it doesn't defend any abuse defense!

She went willingly to a person that she claims abused her in the middle of the night...that shows stalking behavior of Jodi and 1 degree murder!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
You could try Jodi Arias Is Innocent .com - The #1 Jodi Arias Support site! Jodi Arias trial. Jodi Arias News. Jodi Arias pics.. That's her support site. I've checked it out a few times. Don't agree with a lot of the postings there but we all have 1st Amendment rights in this nation.
Wow. Thanks CamaroGuy for this link. Watching Chris Hughes testify was enlightening. He is obviously hiding a lot imo
Makes a person wonder what else is being hidden. After watching the testimony of Sky Hughes....and then the video of the Defense Attorney presenting his evidence for Prosecutor misconduct (Video w/ poster)....and seeing the Judge missed very important testimony from Sky Hughes regarding her having "watched the trial on TV and calling and reporting to the Prosecutor's paralegal, Phil when ever she saw something" I think there are some real grounds for a mistrial. Here is the link....The video of Sky Hughes...and the last video of the Denfence presenting his "Greatest hits list" of reasons for Prosecutor misconduct. http://jodiariasisinnocent.com/
No matter how you feel personally about this defendant...the facts related to misconduct an grounds for a mistrial are evident...imo
Great site for watching all the daily trial proceedings that I missed. Thanks again.
Thanks also to Mtn States Resident for the link you provided to the testimony of the domestic violence expert. I can't wait to see more.

Last edited by JanND; 03-30-2013 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: edit text, added link

Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
Unedited first 30 minutes of first police interrogation of Jodi. Interesting is that she talks about how she is concerned about protecting Travis' reputation and also about how she has such a wonderful family (ie, no mention of abuse).

Oh how things have changed....

Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 1 - YouTube

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 PM

Scroll to 8:43 on this video, which is from the first day of police interrogation, Jodi says, "Ok, let's say for a second that I did it..." --- then she pauses. I WISH Det. Flores had not said anything right after that. I really would have been curious to hear what she said if he had not interrupted her pause with a question..

Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 3 - YouTube

Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 PM

In this one, she says she knows that people can plead guilty to "get an easier sentence" and implies that she would be willing to do that .... interestingly, that is what she did 2 years later.

This is also the one she does the headstand against the wall in.

Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 5 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime