Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times

Advertisements

Closing arguments next week...the end is coming.....Nancy Grace will be whining for Months to come.....

Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
I really hope they are next week. Their weeks are so short since they don't go on Friday. So I guess the first or second week of May there could be a verdict..I get nervous just thinking about having to run to the tv like I did for the child killer,I mean I don't think my nervous heart can take it again. I may just read about it on the net

Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Do you even live in Arizona? If you do, then why don't you write to a congressman or something with your bright ideas. If not, then you need to not concern yourself with how our tax dollars are spent.

Or move to Arizona and volunteer to help out all those little children ... or just send money.

When annual budget time rolls around for city/county/state governments ... the monetary amounts are allocated to ... Judicial & Law Enforcement ... Public Works Dept ... Economic Development ... and so forth. Each department has submitted their request with supporting data and all departments have their hands out.

The money allocated to a department can only be used for the operations of said department. The Public Works Department couldn't decide to give a million dollars of their budgeted money to an animal shelter. A government can't just shuffle money from one designated department over to another.

The poster needs to contact Maricopa Human Services, United Way, Red Cross or Salvation Army and stop worrying about how much money is being spent on this trial. The amount of money spent is due to Arias, Willmott and Nurmi and all the tricks they are pulling. Look how long it takes Nurmi to even ask a question! More pennies in the pot for Nurmi and Willmott.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post

Jodi Arias committed a pre-meditated slaughter of another human being and should be convicted of 1st degree murder and sentenced to death. A 2nd degree murder plea deal would have been an insult to the victim's family and the entire notion of the rule of law.
Just read that Miss Jodi and her defense has pleaded the jury for manslaughter. Why would we be surprised. She's one confident gal.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The last 10 minute recess the judge called yesterday. The judge called the DT, Prosecutor and Mike B (the court reporter) along with Arias, Travis' brother and sister into her chambers. Arias and Willmott came out laughing and smiling so the judge must be going to allow the testimony of the DTs DV Witness.

Jurors to report today at 1:30 PM Arizona time but there is a hearing and the media has been advised to be there at 11:00 AM Arizona time and the media will be allowed in with cameras rolling.

Sorry the media is there but they were just advised it is going to be a closed hearing!
Om goodness, can you even comprehend what it would be like to be a surviving sibling and go in the Judge's Chambers with ARIAS? I'd stand behind Nurmi so I wouldn't have to see her.

One maneuver after another. HLN might have to move them along if they start losing viewers.

Good info like always, CW.

MSR

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Closing arguments next week...the end is coming.....Nancy Grace will be whining for Months to come.....
I don't usually watch Nancy so I could care less if she whines. I only HOPE they stick to this deadline. Think of how many months of 'living" this jury has given up as a collective group.

Oh, I stopped at a WiFI that had news on. Something about a person who was going to the trial daily selling her ticket for $200.00 to someone who wanted in. Anyone know more?

MSR

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Not quite....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I believe the George Zimmerman trial (Florida) is coming up. I dread this one.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I have to wonder how those people would feel if their loved one was stalked, stabbed, throat cut and shot to death. Would they be able to sleep at night knowing the murderer was going to walk out of prison one day and start a new life? Jodi has a sadistic streak and enjoys taunting the victim's family - the pedophile story was devised purely to keep trashing him after he was dead, she sent them an 18 page letter and a bouquet of irises to the grandmother. Do people think she's not "evil enough" for the death penalty or life in prison because she only killed once? Who is to say she wasn't on the way to kill someone else...she had a packed rental car with a 9mm ready to go when she was apprehended by the cops!

I don't normally watch HLN but I saw Nancy Grace this weekend and they were reading excerpts of her "private journals" from the days after the murder. They were pure fiction! She has been making up new stories for the past five years - not like she has anything else to do all day. She forged letters from Travis where he "admitted" to being a pedophile. How anyone can be suckered into believing anything she says is beyond me.
Good post fruitlassie. What would ARIAS do on death row? I'd be worried about another inmate around her (I'm serious). If she can kill TA as she did, what is a prisoner she's known less time.

And I do agree, sociopaths/psychopaths cannot be rehabilitated.

I think there isn't enough emphasis on how brutally the life of Travis ended by one sick chick. No doubt in my mind what the vote would have been had she been a male.

MSR

Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Just read that Miss Jodi and her defense has pleaded the jury for manslaughter. Why would we be surprised. She's one confident gal.
Sorry, newenglandgirl, I don't quite understand what you mean. How can she plead anything to the jury right now? I'm missing something. Would appreciate extra info to fill in the gaps.

Thanks in advance.

MSR

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I believe the George Zimmerman trial (Florida) is coming up. I dread this one.
I did not know it was coming up that fast. Oh gosh I will not even bother watching that. Stuff like that gets my blood pressure up. Good luck to any one who has to sit through that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime