Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times

Advertisements

Yes, I understand the proof was in the pudding, so to speak. The testimony was crap.

And Idid gave Juan credit for his strategy of posting the pics. It was a home run for the prosecution. I was wondered if he was going to save them for closing arguments. Apparently, he wanted the visuals to sink in over the next 5 days.

Next week will be interesting. For closing arguements I wonder what Juan has up his sleeve. And I would think Nurmi will step up his energy level and tone in his closing arguments, the soft spoken routine might not be the best routine at this point.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Dr. Robert Geffner, Ph.D. ABPP, ABPN is the surrebuttal witness. He is the founding President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; Founding President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT.) Yes he is a colleague of Alyce LaViolette and was an editor for her.

He has credentials out the ying yang but I found this website "What's Wrong With Dr. Geffner?"

What’s Wrong With Dr. Geffner? | mixedbagblogdotcom

If Nurmi doesn't take all day to examine the doc and Juan gets a decent shot at him ... Juan will have a blast with the man. Since the judge is only allowing one day for the surrebuttal and said they are staying until they finish perhaps she will move things along.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM

37 posts, read 47,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Dr. Robert Geffner, Ph.D. ABPP, ABPN is the surrebuttal witness. He is the founding President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; Founding President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT.) Yes he is a colleague of Alyce LaViolette and was an editor for her.

He has credentials out the ying yang but I found this website "What's Wrong With Dr. Geffner?"

What’s Wrong With Dr. Geffner? | mixedbagblogdotcom

If Nurmi doesn't take all day to examine the doc and Juan gets a decent shot at him ... Juan will have a blast with the man. Since the judge is only allowing one day for the surrebuttal and said they are staying until they finish perhaps she will move things along.
The Defense Team is a hot messed up train wreck. I don't know what their reason is for throwing another Expert at this Jury. Did they not get that Dick Samuels and Alcye La La La were completely discredited by Juan. Jenn and Nurmi just need to stop with the spastic attempts and head to the closings already! And Stabby Arias can take her evil ugly crazy freakin' a$$ elsewhere.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juan rested his case ... but on the schedule next week is ... ONE MORE DEFENSE WITNESS (surrebuttal) yes the judge allowed it ... which is probably Dr. Robert Geffner, and he is clearly a colleague of ALV. I guess he is interviewing Arias over the weekend and giving any test. Unless he uses ALV's test. Which I don't doubt. His purpose is to rebut Dr. D's testimony ... what brought it about is the stolen ring which had not been brought into evidence. Juan has to interview him too prior to going into court.

Unless Arias told Dr. D she stole the ring, Dr. D had to see that info on the police videos and records along with the slashed tires and hiding behind the Christmas tree. But Dr D didn't mention the slashed tires just the other two. This surrebuttal is going to try and trash Dr. D's BPD. But I have a feeling Juan will tear him up. In addition it seems the judge is only allowing one day for this fiasco.

Juan's witness today Dr. Kevin Horn, Maricopa County Medical Examiner ... he had already testified on Day 3 of the trial. Arais attempted some tears but only ended up blowing her nose. Eyes not red, no visible tears. This was second day her grandmother attended the trial ... probably advised by DT for sympathy factor. The Alexander family left the trial today in tears after seeing the autopsy pictures of Travis again. Some were new.

At the beginning of this YouTube video the judge gives the schedule for next week. This is right at the beginning of the video before the trial starts ... first minute or two.

Trial starts Wed May 1 arrive at 9am and we are going to stay until we finish (this is probably due to the DT's witness I hope Willmott or Nurmi don't drag it out all day and only allow Juan a short time for cross.)
Final Instructions To the Jury Thursday May 2.
Then Closing Arguments on Thursday and Friday.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 52 - Part 1 - YouTube

According to the judge's statement she is giving the instructions to the jury before the Closing Arguments! I thought instructions to the jury was the final act of the court before jury leaves for deliberations. This will throw the end of the trial late Friday after closing arguments. So will the jury go home and start Monday or start deliberations Friday.

I realized today ... the DT had NO rebuttal witnesses to Dr. Horn's testimony ... he was on the stand on Day 3 and they never presented a blood spatter expert nor another pathologist to rebut Dr. Horn. That is strange unless they couldn't find anyone to rebut the testimony.

A friend sent me the autopsy photos and I cannot post them here they are so gruesome, they made me ill looking at them. Arais mutilated Travis Alexander. These are the photos Dr. Horn used today. After seeing these pictures, Arias truly deserves the death penalty.
The Defense didn't have a rebuttal witness to counter Dr. Horn because it would have entailed showing the horrific wounds their client inflicted on Travis. On a different note... closings start next Thursday (I'll believe that WHEN it actually happens) so depending what time closing arguments finish up on Friday will determine whether the jury actually starts deliberations. God, I hope there's not some crazy lone wolf on the Jury!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Sorry, newenglandgirl, I don't quite understand what you mean. How can she plead anything to the jury right now? I'm missing something. Would appreciate extra info to fill in the gaps.

Thanks in advance.

MSR
They asked the Judge for a "lesser included", that being Manslaughter. When Stabby was charged the State charged 1st Degree Murder and nothing else. No 2nd Degree, no Manslaughter etc. Now the Defense is trying to say the murder was a heat of passion crime...don't get me started on that crap. My brain is so fried by this case I'm not sure if the Judge has even ruled on that? The Judge did give them a "Sur Rebbutal" and the Defense is bringing in Another Ex-Expert to say Stabby has PTSD and Stabby was a battered woman yada yada yada. Juan will handle him like he did the OTHER 2 Defense Ex-Experts.
As of April 25, 2013 the Arias Case has cost the State of Arizona over $1.6 Million Dollars. Sickening!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
She will not walk. Jodi confessed to the murder.
This trial will decide if she gets the death penalty or life in prison. If she gets life, it's possible that she can get life with the possibility of parole or life without parole.

Jodi asked for the trial rather than pleading guilty and leaving the sentence to the judge. We will see soon enough if her gamble paid off or not.

As long as the dog had water, it could go 4 days without eating. So could you.
The State never should have asked for the DP in this case although it certainly was gruesome enough. Had there been NO DP this case would have taken 3 weeks tops and Stabby would currently be in some dank, dark, dirty cell crayoning her evil self to death. And Napolean, Travis' pug was fed by the roommates. They knew Travis was going to Mexico so they assumed that was why he wasn't around.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
Someone posted this video on Facebook and although it's a bit long (16 minutes), it's very well done and clearly lays out the timeline and evidence in a way that should leave no doubt in anyone's mind that this was 100% premeditated.

Jodi Arias Trial: My Jury Notes - YouTube

Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelilly View Post
The Defense didn't have a rebuttal witness to counter Dr. Horn because it would have entailed showing the horrific wounds their client inflicted on Travis. On a different note... closings start next Thursday (I'll believe that WHEN it actually happens) so depending what time closing arguments finish up on Friday will determine whether the jury actually starts deliberations. God, I hope there's not some crazy lone wolf on the Jury!
Lorelilly, I can't imagine the Defense just spending an hour or two with their surrebuttal witness ... can you? I do hope Juan gets a good chance on recross. The judge did say we will stay as long as it takes. If they will just cut out the sidebars and into her chambers for 10 minutes that last an hour or more. If Nurmi handles things he talks so slow it won't be a day.

The jury worries me as I am sure they want this over with and if they bring back the death penalty then it's more time involved with the penalty phase of the trial. I just hope they don't let that hinder them or stop them from a death penalty. I will settle for Life without Parole.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG the latest picture of Travis (autopsy pics) ...if that is called self defense than JA is an angel!

She is evil and any person calling this self defense should get mental help.
Arias has her groupies at http://jodiariasisinnocent.com. There is one poster there named "Renee" who is more or less her "Goebbels".

Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Someone posted this video on Facebook and although it's a bit long (16 minutes), it's very well done and clearly lays out the timeline and evidence in a way that should leave no doubt in anyone's mind that this was 100% premeditated.
That is a good video. I hope the jury sees through all the mud slinging and trash and looks at the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime