Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Personally, I think the jury is looking at 1st degree and is doing their due diligence to make sure they made the right decision. manslaughter or 2nd degree would be a quick decision.

Last edited by jojajn; 05-07-2013 at 06:39 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is this 'waiting' driving any one else NUTS??? I have washed and dried two loads of clothes ... cleaned out my refrigerator ... I keep checking Twitter and all the reporters are waiting and waiting too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I don't see a lot of parallels between Betty and Jodi. I think Jodi is in a league of her own. All of the stories about abuse and pedophilia were just created in the past few years as a way to kill Travis all over again and torture his family and friends. If anything I'd call her a female OJ...they share a lot of the same behaviors (stalking, narcissism) and the way they stabbed their victims shows a similar level of rage. They even share the same birthday! Remember when OJ was going to search for the "real killers"? Reminds me a lot of Jodi and her ninja story.
Hey fl, my phone changes your name almost every time with auto correct. Time to try something different.

That's beyond creepy that ARIAS and OJ share the same bday! I guess it was a different thread in the True Crimes forum where I wrote about their likeness, from my POV. OJ didn't use 3 ways to kill either of his victims, did he?

What I posted in a different thread was taking Anthony, OJ and ARIAS to a remote "safe house" in the rural NV desert. I wrote the one most reluctant to go would be the healthiest one of those three. It could be really interesting to see what precautions or behaviors each of the 3 showed.

ARIAS might like that as she could have a chance with another man " liking" her. My gut tells me OJ would run like he use to in college and the pros.

I'm tired of the Alexander's being drug to hell and back by ARIAS and her crew, like ALV.

MSR

Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is this 'waiting' driving any one else NUTS??? I have washed and dried two loads of clothes ... cleaned out my refrigerator ... I keep checking Twitter and all the reporters are waiting and waiting too.

Actually CarolinaWomen it IS driving me nuts! Way more than the Casey Anthony trial did way more than Scott Petterson too. I can't explain it either..I was working yesterday and hurt my back so I was stuck at home today..I can barely move around so all I can do is read or watch tv. I am a nervous wreck especially after they broke for today!!! How many more days of this is there! and can you imagine how TA family must feel during this time. I keep them all in my prayers!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Not sure what to think right now...I as wrong with 5 hrs. which in my opinion after all these months could have been enough to give a well weighted 1st degree guilty sentence.

If one juror holds out then i will be very pissed...sorry

Old 05-07-2013, 07:14 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,825 times
I thought the Judge from the CA trial was going to be on NG tonight did anyone else hear that announced yesterday?. I have noticed Judge Perry has been making the rounds on TV lately.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile CNN Poll

Saw a poll early today

1st degree 67%
less charge 23%
Innocent 11%

I was shocked.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Saw a poll early today

1st degree 67%
less charge 23%
Innocent 11%

I was shocked.
And some guys still want to date her.

As someone posted last week, I believe, if someone still wants to date ARIAS, that must be proof there is a special "someone" for everyone.

I read a report today, I think from Reuters, where each guy from her previous relationships talked about some of her stalking, manipulation and so many other things we've seen during the trial.

MSR

Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 PM

313 posts, read 402,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Saw a poll early today

1st degree 67%
less charge 23%
Innocent 11%

I was shocked.
Yikes! Although I'd go w/ Murder 1 death penalty, I can see how people might not be willing to do that and go w/ a lesser charge..but "not guilty" when she herself admits to killing Travis.

I was expecting the jury to come in on Friday. If it goes past that, I'm going to be nervous they'll come back w/ a verdict I won't like.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I've still got that hunch that Wednesday will be the day they reach a verdict. I also think that she will get life instead of death. It make me nervous that so many people still somehow think she was justified in committing this horrible slaughter.

Tonight they polled their "jury" on HLN as to whether Jodi was a threat to society, and 2 men actually voted "no". Call me overly cautious, but I don't think I will be looking her up on Christian Mingle if she should go free.

Don

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hey fl, my phone changes your name almost every time with auto correct. Time to try something different.

That's beyond creepy that ARIAS and OJ share the same bday! I guess it was a different thread in the True Crimes forum where I wrote about their likeness, from my POV. OJ didn't use 3 ways to kill either of his victims, did he?

What I posted in a different thread was taking Anthony, OJ and ARIAS to a remote "safe house" in the rural NV desert. I wrote the one most reluctant to go would be the healthiest one of those three. It could be really interesting to see what precautions or behaviors each of the 3 showed.

MSR
OJ didn't have a gun, but he did slash Nicole's throat so deep she was almost decapitated (sound familiar?). She had a few other deep penetration wounds and defensive wounds on her hands. Ron Goldman was stabbed 19 times. Both of them also had large contusions on the back of their heads attributed to blunt-force trauma. (I got all of this from TruTV's crime library...not from memory )

Other interesting parallels: OJ went to Nicole's memorial just as Jodi went to her victim's, he had a bandaged finger when the police initially interviewed him and told conflicting stories about how it occurred. Before the infamous white Bronco chase, he gave Robert Kardashian a long rambling letter that proclaimed his innocence and talked about suicide (sounds a lot like the 18-page letter Jodi sent to the Alexanders).

Do you think they could share the same diagnosis? I know that borderline personality disorder is less common in men, but from what I've read, when it does occur in males it can manifest through controlling, stalking behavior and domestic violence. I am just an armchair psychologist, but could they both be sociopaths with BPD? Seems like a highly volatile mix.

OJ, Jodi and Casey in the desert sounds like the reality show from hell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime