Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All I am saying is that a woman who kills a piece of dirt who has been abusing her gets a pass in my book.
Is there any factual, legit evidence that Jodi's boyfriend beat her?

I'm legit curious as this is the first I've ever heard of it.

EDIT: Of the case in general. I've never heard of this before today.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!! I just went on that stupid Jodi Arias is Innocent site and here is what those dummys predicted :

Hang onto your hats folks… the verdict is scheduled to be announced @ 1.30 pm today.
Leave your comments below in the run up!
WE ARE TEAM JODI – AND VERY SOON NOW – WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
Never question it.
Never doubt it.
SJ
Team Jodi

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Don
That was entertaining as hell!

Before verdict:

"OMG, I'm so nervous! I need a drink or a Xanax!"

"Me too! I just took four!"

"So did I! Woohoo! We're all drugged up, go teamjodi!!!"

After verdict:

"NO! NO NO NO!"

"OMG, everyone in the world is an idiot!"

"I can't believe they were tainted by what they saw on TV!"

Yeah, stabbed 27 times, shot, throat slit from ear to ear...RIGHT! Let's let her walk! Stupid bints. Thank goodness none of these morons was on the jury.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:31 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
she'll appeal for how long now? ...I doubt many women sit on death row, do they?
3 women currently sit on death row in AZ. Hopefully Jodi is #4.

Meet the 3 women on Arizona's death row

Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Wake up snowchaser ... don1945 .... Mt State ... Bentlebee ... the rest of us are present and accounted for!!
Hey, I've been lurking around, also. Usually I'm just too tired from jury duty to respond to anyone's posts. Got home today and of course turned on the tube to see if a verdict was in...WOW !!!

All Murder One. Good. Kudos to that jury!!!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Your book isn't the biggest book on the block, nor is it societies wishes. IF what you are saying is true, and there is absolutely no evidence to that fact, she had many outlets available to her, to get out from underneath her situation. Murder isn't one of them. Society, as a whole, doesn't condone it. Her sentence was proper.
There was plenty of testimony at the trial that he was a sexual pervert and a monster. You choose to ignore it. Are you LDS like the criminal justice system in Arizona is. She, and all women, are justified in killing men who abuse them. As you say,society does not condone murder. But it does condone abuse of women and every alternative they have comes at great sacrifice and suffering for them and none for the man. Any woman who kills a man that she can demonstrate was abusing her receives a get of of jail free card from me.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Is there any factual, legit evidence that Jodi's boyfriend beat her?

I'm legit curious as this is the first I've ever heard of it.

EDIT: Of the case in general. I've never heard of this before today.
I don't think there was. I believe it was all heresay. The chick is insane. Just watch certain interviews with her. She's crazy. She didn't even cry when they read the verdict. Anyone who has that calm face & misdemeanor when speaking to the press is beyond irritating to me.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Next up, the Civil trial?

Jury finds Jodi Arias guilty of first-degree murder - CNN.com

Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
I sent Arias/Donovan a tweet:

CarolinaWoman ‏@CarolinaWoman50 16m

@Jodiannarias What are you going to tweet now. Your tweeting days are over.

Per the letter from the Maricopa Sheriff's office:

Sheriff Arpaio received your email and asked that I respond. First off, Jodi Arias, much like the other 800 women at the Estrella Jail, is a pre-trial inmate. This means that they have not yet been found guilty of a crime and still have all the rights that you and I have. She has the right to use the phone to talk to whomever she wants, and that person, who is not in custody, has the right to tweet or Facebook or run a website based off those conversations.

Per the constitution of the United States, the Sheriff cannot intervene, until such time as she has lost those rights. Inmate Arias’ tweets are bothersome to the Sheriff and his Office, however there is nothing we can do at this time to restrict any pre-trial inmates access to the phone.

Thank you for your concern, keep in mind that this is something that we are actively looking at.

Sergeant Brandon Jones
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office
Media Relations Unitponse

Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't think there was. I believe it was all heresay. The chick is insane. Just watch certain interviews with her. She's crazy. She didn't even cry when they read the verdict. Anyone who has that calm face & misdemeanor when speaking to the press is beyond irritating to me.
The snapshot of the video on the link earlier shows her face with some bit of emotion on it, but I get what you mean.

It's just like how passive the shooter in Colorado was when he was in court.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The snapshot of the video on the link earlier shows her face with some bit of emotion on it, but I get what you mean.

It's just like how passive the shooter in Colorado was when he was in court.
And who shoots AND stabs someone multiple times to claim self defense? No no no. I mean, I guess I shouldn't say, I've never killed anyone. But I'm pretty sure if I were going to kill someone, I think one gunshot strategically placed or perhaps a stabbing or two would be sufficient. No need to go overboard, someone might think you're....crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime