Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 08:35 AM

313 posts, read 402,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hard for me to know about Willmott. What I notice most about her in the above, is the DISTANCE she puts between herself and CONVICT ARIAS!
I know, right!? She is much much more standoffish w/ convict Arias. Her body language is unmistakable. Even during the verdict, JA turned to Wilmott presumably for comfort and reassurance, and JM studiously avoided her gaze.

Since the closed hearing where DT made one last (we hope) effort to get off the case, JM has seemed even more cold toward JA. Nurmi doesn't even try to put on a show. He's doing the bare minimum to make sure he is safe from being sued.

Quote:
Are those real tears on CONVICT ARIAS' face for HERSELF, or others in pain?
Good question. This time it wasn't just the nose that got red, she seemed to have actual tears and her whole face got red. I think for the first time to me she looked to be showing genuine emotion. However, for whom it was, is a tough question b/c we are talking about JA here who is incapable of any real emotion or so it appears.

But then she goes back to jail and in her 1 hr outside her cell, she was able to get a tweet sent selling "Survivor" T-shirts. Really!? This woman is truly bizarre and has no grasp on reality whatsoever.
Quote:
I didn't realize their grandmother that raised the Alexander children died right before jury selection for the trial.
That was so sad. What an amazing lady she must have been to raise 8 kids. No wonder they turned out so well despite their parents. Samantha and Steven were so articulate. Such decency and strength of character these two siblings displayed.
I could not get through the sis and brother's statements w/o crying. I could never be a juror b/c I would show my emotions too much. I hope I never get asked to be on a jury.

Nurmi mentioned JA's friend and ex will be speaking, but didn't mention mother Arias. How does Sandy Arias ask them to save her kid when she supposedly "abused" her as a child. She's supposed to be a monster then and a loving mother now toward JA? Hmmm...let's see how DT can spin that.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
I know, right!? She is much much more standoffish w/ convict Arias. Her body language is unmistakable. Even during the verdict, JA turned to Wilmott presumably for comfort and reassurance, and JM studiously avoided her gaze.

Since the closed hearing where DT made one last (we hope) effort to get off the case, JM has seemed even more cold toward JA. Nurmi doesn't even try to put on a show. He's doing the bare minimum to make sure he is safe from being sued.

Good question. This time it wasn't just the nose that got red, she seemed to have actual tears and her whole face got red. I think for the first time to me she looked to be showing genuine emotion. However, for whom it was, is a tough question b/c we are talking about JA here who is incapable of any real emotion or so it appears.

But then she goes back to jail and in her 1 hr outside her cell, she was able to get a tweet sent selling "Survivor" T-shirts. Really!? This woman is truly bizarre and has no grasp on reality whatsoever.
That was so sad. What an amazing lady she must have been to raise 8 kids. No wonder they turned out so well despite their parents. Samantha and Steven were so articulate. Such decency and strength of character these two siblings displayed.
I could not get through the sis and brother's statements w/o crying. I could never be a juror b/c I would show my emotions too much. I hope I never get asked to be on a jury.

Nurmi mentioned JA's friend and ex will be speaking, but didn't mention mother Arias. How does Sandy Arias ask them to save her kid when she supposedly "abused" her as a child. She's supposed to be a monster then and a loving mother now toward JA? Hmmm...let's see how DT can spin that.
Haven't been watching since the trial ended. Interesting Travis came from a dysfunctional background and raised by a grandparent and abusive parenting for Jodi.

Their backgrounds don't come as a surprise though.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3225481.html

Wendy Asman, Executive Director of WomenShelter, told HuffPost that the California nonprofit did not know that Arias was trying to involve the organization in her campaign. It learned of the initiative on Monday and requested that the organization be removed from Jodiariasisinnoncent.com, another website that is selling the shirts, but doesn’t currently list any specific nonprofits that will be benefitting from the sales. Asman was not aware that the nonprofit's name was also shared on Jodiarias.com.

Laura Van Zandt, Executive Director of Reach, told HuffPost that the organization had received an inquiry about joining Arias’ T-Shirt campaign, but it did not respond to it. Since the campaign went public, the Waltham, Mass., advocacy organization has requested that it’s name be removed, too.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If I had a child who committed such a horrific Crime, I am not sure I could plead for their lives.
Wow, your post really hit me in the gut, Jasper. Such brutal honesty isn't easy to find.

I couldn't rep you, but wanted to highlight what I think is a gutsy post.

Thank you!

MSR

Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I couldn't rep. You but I 100% agree with all you are stating since it is what I also noticed. Willmott looked like she didn't even want to talk to Jodi and to have her shut up. Maybe Willmott realizes what a BS they tried to sell to the jurors about the battered women defense.
Thanks Bentlebee,

Maybe Willmott knows even with her experience this jury thinks for itself. I think someone posted wondering why the DT didn't do more in this trial. What can the DT really do for someone who lies in open court to the jury.

I haven't been able to see any of this Phase. I know Squirmy participated some but did Willmott do most of it?

I'm sure Squirmy is counting the days/hours until he is no longer counsel of record for CONVICT ARIAS. Then he may not even have to pretend to like her 1 day out of 10. Willmott won't say it, but I am guessing she is moving more in that direction too.

And yes fruitlassis, I wondered about which Arias family member might plead for her. I wonder if Donovan can do anything except to the press, Twitter etc.? I think the press might tire of Donovan soon.

MSR

Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 PM

Emotional / Psychological Abuse | Project Rising

Domestic violence and stalking affect men and women of all ages regardless of race, nationality, culture, religion, sexual orientation, educational background and income. These issues affect everyone. It is a major concern in our communities, our schools and our government. If you have not been abused, chances are you know someone who has.

An estimated 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States.
15.5 million U.S. children live in families in which partner violence occurred at least once in the the past year, and 7 million children live in families in which severe partner violence occurred. 2
During a 12 month period, an estimated 3.4 million persons age 18 years or older were victims of stalking.
Overall, 59 percent of female victims and 30 percent of male victims were stalked by some type of intimate partner.
71% of pet owners entering domestic violence shelters report that their batterer had threatened injured or killed family pets
About 4 in 10 stalkers threatened the victim or the victim’s family, friends, co-workers, or family pet. 6
Project Rising is a non profit organization dedicated to providing information and support in the areas of domestic violence, stalking and the related abuse of animals. Here, you will find valuable information on the facts, signs, myths and misconceptions, safety and national and international resources. We also know there is a wealth of valuable input and information among the survivors and professionals in our very diverse community . Our discussion forums are available to those who are seeking or would like to offer support. It is our goal to share, inform, empower and create the expectation of healthy relationships.

Awareness. Empowerment. Freedom. This is the path to eliminating relationship violence.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Domestic violence and stalking affect men and women of all ages regardless of race, nationality, culture, religion, sexual orientation, educational background and income. These issues affect everyone. It is a major concern in our communities, our schools and our government. If you have not been abused, chances are you know someone who has.

An estimated 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States.
15.5 million U.S. children live in families in which partner violence occurred at least once in the the past year, and 7 million children live in families in which severe partner violence occurred. 2
During a 12 month period, an estimated 3.4 million persons age 18 years or older were victims of stalking.
Overall, 59 percent of female victims and 30 percent of male victims were stalked by some type of intimate partner.
71% of pet owners entering domestic violence shelters report that their batterer had threatened injured or killed family pets
About 4 in 10 stalkers threatened the victim or the victim’s family, friends, co-workers, or family pet. 6
Project Rising is a non profit organization dedicated to providing information and support in the areas of domestic violence, stalking and the related abuse of animals. Here, you will find valuable information on the facts, signs, myths and misconceptions, safety and national and international resources. We also know there is a wealth of valuable input and information among the survivors and professionals in our very diverse community . Our discussion forums are available to those who are seeking or would like to offer support. It is our goal to share, inform, empower and create the expectation of healthy relationships.

Awareness. Empowerment. Freedom. This is the path to eliminating relationship violence.

This info is great...but I'm not sure what it has to do with this case? Other than Jodi's word and a crooked finger...is there any independent testimony that abuse took place? Hospital records,police being called,neighbors hearing disputes,previous girlfriends abused???I didn't hear any of that presented by the defense...

Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Nice of you to list those links above, virgode. I hope you are posting them on existing threads about the various types of abuse.

You can always reference posters back to ths thread of how CONVICT ARIAS abused Travis Alexander- the many ways he was abused. Hopefully, others will leave or get help, tell others etc. so they don't end up a victim of pre-meditated murder slaughtered the way Travis Alexander was.

I think you can do a lot of good posting the same info in the various abuse threads. Since this one is focused strictly on CONVICT ARIAS murdering Travis Alexander, I think your post in additional forums could be a resource and educational.

Good luck with your passion working to stop and prevent abuse. Many of us here, as you would know through the hundreds of pages of posts, have volunteered at various agencies working to prevent or work with victims of different types of abuse. Others of us are survivors who found an answer other than murder. Some of us are professionals who have treated perpetrators and victims.

I think everyone of us care more than you may realize.

Looking forward to seeing the same post and more in the appropriate threads

MSR

Old 05-17-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This info is great...but I'm not sure what it has to do with this case? Other than Jodi's word and a crooked finger...is there any independent testimony that abuse took place? Hospital records,police being called,neighbors hearing disputes,previous girlfriends abused???I didn't hear any of that presented by the defense...
I can't speak for the reason virgode posted the info in this thread about CONVICT ARIAS slaughtering Travis Alexander. However, since I'll try to think it was for a positive reason, perhaps the one who posted didn't know how to search for the exhisting threads on various types of abuse at CD.

As I wrote earlier I hope that person will take the same passion and post in threads where those links might keep people safe.

Nice post.

MSR

Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Nice of you to list those links above, virgode. I hope you are posting them on existing threads about the various types of abuse.

You can always reference posters back to ths thread of how CONVICT ARIAS abused Travis Alexander- the many ways he was abused. Hopefully, others will leave or get help, tell others etc. so they don't end up a victim of pre-meditated murder slaughtered the way Travis Alexander was.

I think you can do a lot of good posting the same info in the various abuse threads. Since this one is focused strictly on CONVICT ARIAS murdering Travis Alexander, I think your post in additional forums could be a resource and educational.

Good luck with your passion working to stop and prevent abuse. Many of us here, as you would know through the hundreds of pages of posts, have volunteered at various agencies working to prevent or work with victims of different types of abuse. Others of us are survivors who found an answer other than murder. Some of us are professionals who have treated perpetrators and victims.

I think everyone of us care more than you may realize.

Looking forward to seeing the same post and more in the appropriate threads

MSR
I'm a DV survivor and a victim of stalking. I've lived in shelters, and have enough knowledge and personal experience to bring awareness.

Been posting about DV on City Data in appropriate forums for 4years. Many of them in Relationships Forum, I posted previously today..

This is a DV case, right? An abusive dynamic, Travis Alexander died as a result.

Save the innuendo and talk down to someone else. Since you're a professional I'd expect to see your posts in the appropriate threads as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime