Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Voiers View Post
She is very scary looking and has many faces! You never know from day to day which personality will present itself. This is why I call her Sybil!!!!!
Sybil..Exactly the description I used in another sub forum thread. This is off topic, but I face read, her eyes are the give away. No soul there, the eyes don't lie.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:48 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Murder Mysteries have been hot sellers from way back in the late 1800's. A great crime novel was and still is a good read in my book.

Crime documentaries and True Crime programs on TV are interesting too, although the format where the actors play the roles seem to lose it for me. I'd rather watch a well laid out documentary.

As far as motion pictures go, I think they did a good job with The Zodiac Killer.
Amazing that case has still not been solved.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:20 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Voiers View Post
What I don't understand is the timeline of the murder! I know that Jodi Arias did this but my question is how and in what order. She apparently stabbed him while he was in the shower in the center of the chest severing his Superior Vena Cava! Did he get out of the shower and go to the sink, spitting up blood, and she is continually stabbing him in the back? How did his blood get all of the way out of the bathroom and down the hallway? How did he get back into the shower where they found his body? Can anyone explain this to me?
I may have some of this wrong. If so, I hope someone will correct things for me.

Apparently, Arias took some photos of Alexander while he was showering, then Alexander must have said something or did something that set her off, and she stabbed him, but although he bled heavily, escaped from the bathroom and staggered down the hall to his bedroom. Arias may have followed him or may have led the way; either way, she stabbed him again just inside the bedroom, where the bedroom carpet met the hallway vinyl flooring. This may have been the place he was stabbed in the heart.

Then she dragged him back to the bathroom shower and dumped him in. Apparently, then she cut his throat and shot him as a last measure.

Alexander may have been dead or very close to it by the time she dragged him back down the hallway, but he may have been able to fight her off after the first stabbings, which were mostly in his back, with fewer in the front.

Stabbings usually start out more tenuous and later stabs become deeper and stronger as the stabbing continues. As Arias had never stabbed anyone before, this is probably why Alexander was able to get out of the bathroom. I think he must have paused and looked at himself in the mirror, which could explain all the blood all over the vanity and sink; those wounds may have been severe, but not necessarily lethal, as they could have been relatively shallow.

The Prosecutor believes that the photos angered Alexander, and he retaliated in some way, possibly by pushing her away and/or knocking the new expensive camera of his to the floor. Arias may have coveted the camera, so it triggered her plan, but not as she planned it. Instead, she went to the kitchen and grabbed one of the knives instead of shooting him as she planned to do.

She was lethal when she arrived, but wasn't enraged. I think her anger boiled into full rage after the first photos were taken, and she wanted to let it out with the much more physical act of a knife attack. She may have also been unfamiliar with the pistol, so a knife would be a weapon that needed no instructions.

I also tend to think that if Alexander had given her his new camera as a parting gift, and had not confronted her so angrily when she took those first shower photos, he might not have died at all. The last photo of his face showed me he was both shocked and angry; the earlier shots showed his back and side to the camera while showering, and he may have seen the flash, but he might not have thought she was there in the room with him.
I suspect he yelled at her and gave her a shove, just enough for her to slip and land on her butt while dropping the camera. That was enough to tip her over into full rage. The last shots the camera took may have been entirely accidental triggering, or the camera may have gone into an automatic triggering mode during it's fall. Arias just never heard it clicking.

There was a lot of dispute about her ability to drag Alexander down the hallway, but I'm sure she did it. Rage can increase strength, and Arias was in good shape.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM

That's a good assessment of the scenario. I'm thinking while snapping pics Jodi brought up one last chance for Travis to rescind his Cancun trip, or at least invite her to go with him.

Anyway, today pre-trial arguemnts start up...

Old 01-13-2014, 02:19 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Sybil..Exactly the description I used in another sub forum thread. This is off topic, but I face read, her eyes are the give away. No soul there, the eyes don't lie.
With no doubt, Arias is a narcissist, and narcissists are often psychopaths. She's both.
She was constantly playing to the jury and the cameras in her first trial, and never realized when her testimony was turning her audience off, but she persisted in keeping up her innocent-girl-who-was-being-used facade.
The prosecutor punched her buttons more than once, and we all got to see flashes of her anger, though, and that was the real Jodi. She did have the narcissist's ability to recover quickly and put her placid mask back in place.

With no cameras, I wonder how she will act this time. I think she won't go on the stand this time at all, and will say nothing, but that's only if she has finally realized she only hurts her defense. The urge to display never stopped Ted Bundy, another narcissist. He doomed himself, but could have gotten life if he had used a lawyer and just shut up during his trial.

Her new attorney may have made it clear that she would not be permitted to testify this time, but then, she may insist on making her final public appearance.

I don't think she will get life with the possibility of parole. Life in prison will suit her well; jails are full of people like her, so she will fit right in. She will be a model prisoner for the rest of her life.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:08 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Monday 01/13/2014
Latest news, trial date set, no TV cameras...
Jodi Arias penalty re-trial for murder slated for mid-March - CBS News

Old 01-14-2014, 04:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
With no doubt, Arias is a narcissist, and narcissists are often psychopaths. She's both.
She was constantly playing to the jury and the cameras in her first trial, and never realized when her testimony was turning her audience off, but she persisted in keeping up her innocent-girl-who-was-being-used facade.
The prosecutor punched her buttons more than once, and we all got to see flashes of her anger, though, and that was the real Jodi. She did have the narcissist's ability to recover quickly and put her placid mask back in place.

With no cameras, I wonder how she will act this time. I think she won't go on the stand this time at all, and will say nothing, but that's only if she has finally realized she only hurts her defense. The urge to display never stopped Ted Bundy, another narcissist. He doomed himself, but could have gotten life if he had used a lawyer and just shut up during his trial.

Her new attorney may have made it clear that she would not be permitted to testify this time, but then, she may insist on making her final public appearance.

I don't think she will get life with the possibility of parole. Life in prison will suit her well; jails are full of people like her, so she will fit right in. She will be a model prisoner for the rest of her life.
Arias was used, but she allowed it to happen, hope she had for manipulating Alexander faded.

She'll push to make her final appearance during trial for the jury. Her trial should never have been televised.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:01 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
There is no question that when Arias took that last trip to his house she had plan B all worked out. The gas cans, the rented car, the gun, the knife, hair color, making sure no one knew she was going there, etc. She may have had hope that if she gave him one last chance he might actually say he was in love with her, but when it became apparent to her (after the sex) that he was moving on, she put plan B into action and killed him. Then she made her escape and figured she had covered her tracks enough so that no one would even ever know she was there.

She had every intention of following through with doing him in and she didn't waiver from that plan. If she wasn't going to have him no one was. End of story.

Don

Old 01-28-2014, 11:34 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
01/28/2014 ABC News
Jodi Arias case costing taxpayers over 2 million dollars and counting.
APNewsBreak: Arias Defense Costs Top $2 Million - ABC News

Old 01-28-2014, 04:07 PM

Arizona Taxpayers, that is. I wonder if they majority of Arizonians consider Jodi that much a threat to Public Safety, that they are willing to dish out $$ more just to see her on Death Row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime