U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM

5,642 posts, read 17,332,847 times

Advertisements

This has been going on for years here now but... they think there might be more bodies in this apartment property. There is so much evidence from witnesses of him doing weird stuff there as a handyman...

County closer to new Gacy victim search - chicagotribune.com

"The Cook County sheriff's office is one step closer to searching a Northwest Side apartment building where serial killer John Wayne Gacy may have buried bodies or other evidence, a sheriff's spokesman said today."

"Gacy was convicted of the murders of 33 young men and boys in the 1970s, all but one of them strangled, many of them recovered in his crawl space. He was executed by lethal injection at Stateville Correctional Center, near Joliet, in 1994.

What brought sheriff's officials back to the property was that, during the 1998 dig, only two spots were excavated even though radar surveys of the property reportedly detected more than a dozen anomalies under the ground.

That raised the suspicions of the retired detective who initially tipped police to the Gacy connection, Bill Dorsch. He provided the Tribune a letter from the radar company saying the initial dig was incomplete.

"In a proper investigation," the letter said, "the authorities would have been more willing to excavate any possibility."

Dorsch, who retired in 1994 from the Chicago Police Department after 24 years, recalled that one day at 3 a.m., as he came home from work, he saw Gacy with a shovel and they chatted briefly."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,369,801 times
That is really exciting news. Robert Ressler once said at a lecture of his I attended that he suspected Gacy could have killed many more than he was convicted of. My problem with that was, where would he have put the bodies? When the crawlspace under the house was full, he started throwing the kids in the river. This could be the answer to that.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Interesting. I lived in Chicago when this all came out. It was incredible. One interesting note, is how Gacy insinuated himself with local officials, and police officers.

Sick people who wanted to buy his "art work" on E Bay, I am glad they shut that down. I wonder if he is able to sell his drawings?

Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,369,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting. I lived in Chicago when this all came out. It was incredible. One interesting note, is how Gacy insinuated himself with local officials, and police officers.

Sick people who wanted to buy his "art work" on E Bay, I am glad they shut that down. I wonder if he is able to sell his drawings?
He's been dead since 1994, so I doubt it. But the old ones still sell like hotcakes.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM

5,278 posts, read 3,504,617 times
Quote:

Did you also label people who paid to watch convicted rapist Mike Tyson fight after his conviction "sick?" Would you label the folks who have paid for and collected Hitler's artwork "sick?" What about all the folks who bought OJ's book after the crimes?

Actually, if you'd like my estimation of "sick puppies," it would be the dregs of society who stood outside the correctional institute and celebrated when Gacy was executed.

Good Christians one and all, no doubt.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,374,847 times
well I saw some of Gacy's "art works" and thought I could have done better so I wouldn't buy them and then to know what all that creep did, no thank you! I wouldn't be surprised if there are more bodies found. I just hope some people get answers this way. I always think of the relatives who wait a lifetime to find out what happened to their children or brothers, sisters and so on...

Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,331,559 times
Quote:

There was quite the uproar here in Vegas when a local gallery scheduled an exhibit of Gacy's artwork. I don't know if the exhibit eventually went on or not, but it sparked lots of letters to the editors of the local papers. I think they were planning to donate portions of the proceeds of the exhibit to a crime victim's charity who said "No thanks.'

I would never own something like that, even if it was the most beautiful piece of art I'd ever seen.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM

10,617 posts, read 13,183,019 times
Does not surprise me. he had known victims that he was convicted for as many serial killers do. I am sure some locations went to the grave with him.

Gacy was not remorseful, and sadistic. He would choke his victims while near drowning them for fun. What a brute! : (

Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 PM

5,642 posts, read 17,332,847 times
Being a local story, the news here covers this extensively. And they interviewed a couple people, he would do lots of weird type of work around that apartment bldg where he was a handyman. Not your typical type of handyman work. There are definitely bodies there (in my opinion).
And I guess the ChiPD was getting sued at that time by other victims families so they did not look too hard at what was in that bkyd. Really, every young man that disappeared during that time frame and is still unaccounted for, could still be considered as possibly being one of his victims. Ugh. he was a monster.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM

216 posts, read 468,374 times
I would think a cadaver dog would be able to pick up a sent even if you first had to take out the top layer sod then have the dog sniff away???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or