U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,953,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Another very common reason to get subpoenaed for trial is so that you can't sit in on the proceedings and disrupt things, but that doesn't sound likely here. But it's an open question what your ex-roomie may have said to give someone that impression.
I'm not following you... What he may have said...about?

Me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

Me?
Thats exactly what I took from Cliffie's post. I mean, the prosecutor or attorney didn't draw your name from a hat.

They asked questions, somehow by someone your name was brought in, thus the DNA testing and polygraph taken.

Most likely source, the ex-roomie.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,133,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thats exactly what I took from Cliffie's post. I mean, the prosecutor or attorney didn't draw your name from a hat.

They asked questions, somehow by someone your name was brought in, thus the DNA testing and polygraph taken.

Most likely source, the ex-roomie.
The authorities had you take the polygraph and DNA testing simply because you were the roommate, for no reason but, to cover the bases. Looking through papers from that specific time caused the DA to see your name and that's why you were contacted. No ulterior motives.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The authorities had you take the polygraph and DNA testing simply because you were the roommate, for no reason but, to cover the bases. Looking through papers from that specific time caused the DA to see your name and that's why you were contacted. No ulterior motives.
Process of elimination, no surprises.

But quess what, someone's being prosecuted. You don't think hes tossing names around? I'm sure you get that.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Me?
Just to give you a little background, I went to a trial of this nature a few years ago. A friend took custody of her neice after the child named the father as her molestor, the childs mother was in denial.

The little girls story never changed from day one, took the case nearly 3 yrs she was 7 at trial and did testify. He declined numerous pleas.

Long story short and my point, in the process he accused and named everyone and their brother, male friends and relatives, it got ugly. But did admit his quilt after trial to family. Now hes looking to get out of jail and backtracking claiming he's been falsly accused.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,133,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Process of elimination, no surprises.

But quess what, someone's being prosecuted. You don't think hes tossing names around? I'm sure you get that.
Of course, I get that, but, if he did, I don't think authorities bought it because of what was covered in the beginning. Creating a scenario of the roommate being accused of molesting the child, is an unnecessary scare tactic even if it is only suggested as an alternative.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,341,059 times
Quote:

Me?
Yes, sorry, I'm being really unclear. Or the prosecution team could have come up with something on their own that they want to ask you about, and they think you won't be made available to testify w/o being forced with a subpoena.

Just be prepared for the possibility that they will drag you all the way out there and then never call you. Or adjourn for another six months. Court proceedings are a royal pain.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Yeah that's what I think too... I was more than willing to give the samples because as said... Nothing to hide here.

We'll see what happens next week. I have a subpoena here for the trial starting Monday the 4th but was told by the PA and victim witness person to ignore it unless they call me with travel arrangements. So far as of 1/31 I haven't heard anything.

I will be in town anyway the following weekend for my mom's funeral... Catching a cross country flight out of Seattle next Thursday night 2/7.

I guess if I don't hear anything tomorrow about the trial I can rest easy... It will be a mess otherwise. I'd have to fly out 2/3 for a trial that lasts who knows how long... Then either fly back so I can catch another flight on the 7th. Or if the trial takes a while I wouldn't need to go anywhere and will have wasted the money I spent on the flight on 2/7.

My fingers are crossed they don't call me... Will post back.

Thank you all for the replies!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,294,802 times
Quote:
Yeah that's what I think too... I was more than willing to give the samples because as said... Nothing to hide here.

We'll see what happens next week. I have a subpoena here for the trial starting Monday the 4th but was told by the PA and victim witness person to ignore it unless they call me with travel arrangements. So far as of 1/31 I haven't heard anything.

I will be in town anyway the following weekend for my mom's funeral... Catching a cross country flight out of Seattle next Thursday night 2/7.

I guess if I don't hear anything tomorrow about the trial I can rest easy... It will be a mess otherwise. I'd have to fly out 2/3 for a trial that lasts who knows how long... Then either fly back so I can catch another flight on the 7th. Or if the trial takes a while I wouldn't need to go anywhere and will have wasted the money I spent on the flight on 2/7.

My fingers are crossed they don't call me... Will post back.

Thank you all for the replies!
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Kees. Troubles never come as single soldiers, do they? Like you need this court stuff to deal with right now...

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Kees. Troubles never come as single soldiers, do they? Like you need this court stuff to deal with right now...

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post

Just be prepared for the possibility that they will drag you all the way out there and then never call you. Or adjourn for another six months. Court proceedings are a royal pain.
The court website updated today to show a JURY TRIAL DOCKET REVIEW for 3/25/13 and a JURY TRIAL for 4/23/13.

Not surprising... January.. February... now April. I'm sure it will drag on forever but am thankful it did not get in the way of my travel for the funeral this week.

Will post back when I have more info...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime