U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,307,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
We don't need any more Mary Bells.
Now THAT was a hell of a case, wasn't it?

@Jasper- I don't necessarily believe there are tons more cases of kids killing these days in percentage related to population growth. I think our access to information from all over the place is just so much more efficient that it's freaking us all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,114 times
Throughout this thread, what continually pops into my head is the old movie: Boys from Brazil - does anyone remember it? I believe it was w/Gregory Peck and Sr. Lawrence Olivier. Although it has been ages since I saw it, to the best of my recollection, [because it was Nazi-based am I reflecting on the movie/correlation, sort of]...there were boys who were cloned to look like Hitler living with 'selected' families to raise these boys - they were raised w/the same thinking and education re: pro-Nazi -- the boys knew only that -- one of them, after speaking with, I believe Sr. Lawence Olivier [do not remember his screen name/persona] and was prepared, almost, to go after him, something made the boy stop --

Being exposed to abuse, only one way of thinking, constantly being abused, albeit verbal, emotional or any other type of abuse -- personally, I think it took a whole lot of guts for this kid to be able to 'protect and defend himself' - an optimal choice, perhaps not but perhaps this is the only way this kid felt he could protect himself.

Certainly I/we do not know all of the facts--based on solely what I am reading and hearing -- I would not equate this kid w serial psychopathic killer who would enjoy killing[s] but rather a kid who had enough abuse and believed it was his only way to survive.

Now, in addition to dealing with the emotional trauma of what he lived with/through, he has to live with the fact that in spite of and despite of, he killed his father. Tough.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,351,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Throughout this thread, what continually pops into my head is the old movie: Boys from Brazil - does anyone remember it? I believe it was w/Gregory Peck and Sr. Lawrence Olivier. Although it has been ages since I saw it, to the best of my recollection, [because it was Nazi-based am I reflecting on the movie/correlation, sort of]...there were boys who were cloned to look like Hitler living with 'selected' families to raise these boys - they were raised w/the same thinking and education re: pro-Nazi -- the boys knew only that -- one of them, after speaking with, I believe Sr. Lawence Olivier [do not remember his screen name/persona] and was prepared, almost, to go after him, something made the boy stop --
The babies in The Boys From Brazil were actual clones of Hitler. They were being shipped all over to families as much like Adolph's as possible in hopes of producing another Fuhrer. Now, my information on Hitler was that he was not abused -- in fact he was pretty well spoiled -- but he could not stand the fact that he never knew exactly who his father was, and the guy paying child support for him was a Jew.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,114 times
Yes, that is correct Cliffie, the Boys from Brazil were clones of Hitler - I cannot remember precisely what it took to get one of the boys to 'open up' to Sr. Lawrence Olivier -- certainly there had been lots of brainwashing done to those kids -

I recall one of Hitler's parents was Jewish - thought it was the mom but I trust you are right.

Regardless of that and of the movie [smile] - I feel far more sympathy for the victim/offender having to live in that environment - being raised like that - frightening to me yet also hard to even imagine.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:32 PM

Yeah, we may never know exactly what drove this poor kid to do what he did. I'm guessing dad really had it coming. Maybe that's just me being super prejudiced against a neofascist, racist, etc etc, but somehow I doubt he was a good dad.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,218,273 times
Clearly this little punk was guilty of First Degree Murder, why the lessor charge of 2nd degree is crazy.

The lying defense lawyer should have charges filed on him as well.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Clearly this little punk was guilty of First Degree Murder, why the lessor charge of 2nd degree is crazy.

The lying defense lawyer should have charges filed on him as well.
I'm not sure a kid that age CAN be charged with first-degree murder. In most states you have to have an aggravating circumstance in place -- for instance murder committed in the course of committing another felony, like armed robbery -- to count it as first degree. If he felt he was protecting himself or his mom, that might erase the premeditation factor and change it to self-defense.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM

12,886 posts, read 15,438,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I know! How sad was his environment that even in death most of us here are drawn to the boy as the true victim.
Yes, and he was indeed the "true victim". His dad raised him to hate, and died by that hate.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 PM

60 posts, read 63,818 times
Good, that boy did this world a favor.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,218,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I'm not sure a kid that age CAN be charged with first-degree murder.
Of course they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or