U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 AM

36,487 posts, read 44,069,533 times

Advertisements

Obviously this guy is gorked. What is wrong with a kid who would see a movie 3 times and then take such action? Very scary how unbalanced this kid is.

Teen's confession: Horror film inspired murder of mom, sister - U.S. News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM

8,820 posts, read 6,391,517 times
You have to be unbalanced to let a movie influence you that much and that way. We hear of so many crimes and see so many violent movies in our lifetime and most of us never imitate them.
It seems he killed them to see what it would be like and not because they wronged him, as is the case a lot of the time.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,602,188 times
This kid just wanted to kill someone. He is using the movie as a rationalization. Very common tactic.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM

7,148 posts, read 9,412,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
This kid just wanted to kill someone. He is using the movie as a rationalization. Very common tactic.
Yeah, I totally agree. And the sad thing is it'll get the good townspeople out there with their torches and pitchforks, wanting to trap Rob Zombie in a burning windmill to SAVE THE CHILDREN.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,975,788 times
The movie did nothing. A tragedy all around. If someone will kill after seeing a movie, they'll kill without seeing that movie.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM

12,887 posts, read 15,541,696 times
I agree wawa1992...the kid woulda done society a big favor if he'd killed himself as well...

Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM

4,832 posts, read 10,939,534 times
And this is why I spoke up in my criminal justice class to ban many of our movies out there. Media is having a negative impact on our society. Stop the epidemic! How many more shootings in the USA do we need?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,560,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
And this is why I spoke up in my criminal justice class to ban many of our movies out there. Media is having a negative impact on our society. Stop the epidemic! How many more shootings in the USA do we need?
I don't see it this way. We cannot change our world for every nut out there. We do need a lot more support for more mental health facilities, counseling, trying to spot these kids and help them before it comes to this.

Banning movies, guns, video games does not cure people. In a way it is a lot easier than providing counseling for them.

Should we insist on a mental health test before such objects are purchased or watched?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM

16,480 posts, read 10,450,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
and a defense. Good lawyer and a soppy jury, he'll get off with therapy.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM

4,832 posts, read 10,939,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't see it this way. We cannot change our world for every nut out there. We do need a lot more support for more mental health facilities, counseling, trying to spot these kids and help them before it comes to this.

Banning movies, guns, video games does not cure people. In a way it is a lot easier than providing counseling for them.

Should we insist on a mental health test before such objects are purchased or watched?
You don't see Christians killing Christians. Christians are inspired by a non violent Jesus.

Get out there and talk to young people and ask 100 random students who they want to be like. It's the Defense Department inspired shooter CoD games and ads to make kids want to be shooter friendly soldiers (not knowing the effect many soldiers have when they return), it's punching and kicking spiderman and batman, and it's to be like 50 cent for the street culture. I work with the youth population and I'll tell you many kids like violence and football and wrestling.

We've always had mental health issues in this world, so the justification it's less mental health facilities is crap.

Gun production, easy access to guns, and media influence is this nation's cause of violence. Why not make some people rent guns and have require people to go through vigorous tests to get a gun? We have a lengthy process to drive cars and cars could be used to kill, but we make sure people who would kill using a car aren't driving.

Media has an influence and the darkness in this world will continue until people decide to wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime