U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,510,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Its not about whether it is your job or your responsibility, these kids can get really hurt or die, not everyone is born to perfect parents, and even perfect parents forget. Whether it's children or adults, I think we all have a little responsibility to each other. If you're walking behind someone into the grocery store and they drop a 20, you wouldn't pick it up or at least alert the person. It's not your job or responsibility, but we do things like this. These are children for Christ's sake! Are we all so self absorbed? This is the problem with this country. Mine and me.

So true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,544,757 times
And yet another worthless parent making headlines.

Is anyone else wondering what sort of anguish the natural father of these two young children might be feeling, assuming, of course, that this woman accomplished the increasingly rare and spectacular feat of becoming pregnant by the same man twice?

Granted, the guy may not even be in the picture at all, but my thoughts immediately go out to the father/partner(?) of this repulsive excuse for a girlfriend/wife/mother.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,510,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
And yet another worthless parent making headlines.

Is anyone else wondering what sort of anguish the natural father of these two young children might be feeling, assuming, of course, that this woman accomplished the increasingly rare and spectacular feat of becoming pregnant by the same man twice?

Granted, the guy may not even be in the picture at all, but my thoughts immediately go out to the father/partner(?) of this repulsive excuse for a girlfriend/wife/mother.

They say the father died weeks or months before this unfortunate event occured.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
While that was indeed admirable, I disagree with your notion that I'm responsible for the well being for another stranger's child and that I have to concern myself with them. I'm sure everyone has enough going on in their own lives.

I don't have children nor do I want them. I even took measures to prevent it. I don't want to be a parent so why should I be concerning myself with children? I'm not condemning what that person did because she obviously felt it was necessary. I just don't agree with the notion of you expecting me, someone else or an entire "village" to deal with a child.

If someone had walked by, seen the kids sealed in the car and opened the wretched door or dialled 911, those kids would be alive. Is that really so hard to do? And if this mom had any real support in place, she would not be out acting like a headless chicken with the kids in her care in the first place.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 AM

3,965 posts, read 4,614,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
If someone had walked by, seen the kids sealed in the car and opened the wretched door or dialled 911, those kids would be alive. Is that really so hard to do? And if this mom had any real support in place, she would not be out acting like a headless chicken with the kids in her care in the first place.
All I'm sayingi s that it shouldn't be an expectation and yes I agree the parent should have never neglected her children. Hence, don't expect me to keep my eyes on them when you can't do it yourself. The "you" was a general "you".

Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,492,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
She was not cheating on her husband
He died a couple month earlier
. . . which may have left her life in chaos with two small kids to raise by herself. Maybe she was trying to recruit help?

Do people think that there should be classes in high school addressing managing a family? Do we think everyone is entitled to have kids just because they can? If these children were reared to adulthood by this woman who would they be and what would their lives be like?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
While that was indeed admirable, I disagree with your notion that I'm responsible for the well being for another stranger's child and that I have to concern myself with them. I'm sure everyone has enough going on in their own lives.

I don't have children nor do I want them. I even took measures to prevent it. I don't want to be a parent so why should I be concerning myself with children? I'm not condemning what that person did because she obviously felt it was necessary. I just don't agree with the notion of you expecting me, someone else or an entire "village" to deal with a child.
I think we respond to different things. I feel that the world is overpopulate and feel little inclination to make life easier for the breeders. On the other hand, if I saw a kid or puppy in an over heated car I would act. If you knew a kid were dying in a car, I'll bet you would as well.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Well if that's how you feel then don't do it. Didn't say it is your responsibility, I'm just saying it does take a village to raise a child, all of that individualistic mentality has gotten us where we are now. No one is looking out for one another, no one cares about one another, then you expect someone to look out for you, and if you don't ok; you do you. Don't care, just go on about your business, my statement I guess should not pertain to you. I love being a human, I can make a choice to do something or not.

Westerners have been fed the, "Look out for me and mine only" crap too many times and fail to see that we are all connected to one another. Just saying.
I think we felt more connected when all around us were more alike, same values and expectations in life. I cannot relate to someone who would even consider doing what this woman did. It's hard to respond to because it's so weird.

Today, people can get involved in situations and get shot. There is now that gang thug gun culture to contend with. People have learned to think before reacting. I think people are basically good and mean well, it's just there are so many unknown strange elements in our world.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM

12,886 posts, read 15,451,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Just horrible, I hope she goes to prison for a long time. That's something that's unforgivable right there. I mean first you cheat on me, then you take my baby away because you needed some other dude to pipe you down? Just WOW!! I empathize tremendously for the father.
It is a real tragedy when a child dies like this...but this woman is definitely not the only adult who's made this mistake...ALOT of others have as well, and it was never intentional, just a tragic mistake. Should this woman go to jail any longer than the pastor who forgot his daughter for three hours while he was in the church?...Is it because this woman was having sex when her children died that you are so unforgiving of this tragedy?..She lost her children and is probably suffering as much as the dad who forgot to take his kid into the daycare, or the pastor who was in the church, or the parent who attended the meeting at school, etc etc.........http://www.wheels.ca/news/eight-chil...s-in-one-week/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2K4NPL0MR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2K4NPL0MR

Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I have to agree. I'm a parent to my OWN kids. I don't want to be part of the "village", and I rather HATE that notion. My kids are MY kids and not anyone else's concern, unless they or I ask for help of some sort, and it's not my responsibility while sitting at the laundromat to keep someone else's kid from sticking a paper clip in an electrical outlet. And yes, I saw some little kid attempt to do just that while mom was over conversing with someone. I said rather loudly, "where's your mother?" It served the purpose...everyone including "mom' turned to look. But really, I shouldn't have to...it's not MY job.

And not everyone likes kids, wants kids or even values them, at least not above anyone else...and that doesn't make them evil either.

BTW, I love MY kids just fine, and some of my friends kids, but kids in general, I don't care to deal with.

But one reason this sort of thing happens so much more often now is that nobody thinks anything is their business anymore. Now they're trying to pass LAWS against school bullying, as if that were going to help in a world where nobody steps in and takes a bully to task. People would not do certain things if they knew the neighbors were watching and likely to say something. The police, in fact, would never be needed, and this is one more thing NOBODY, not even a policeman, should have to see. It sounds like this bereaved mom may have been quietly going berserk and dragging her kids along for the ride, and if someone had stepped in, whether they thought it was their business or not, they would be alive and safe now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or