U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 20 days ago)

8,696 posts, read 10,842,175 times

Advertisements

I never minded Tammy Faye. To me, she actually had a good heart, just a bit misaligned with the wrong things and theatrical, histrionic maybe, but not evil by far.
I saw their son on some TV show, seems like an okay kid, a tribute to her, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,395,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i have to say, growing up, we watched jim and tammy and i found them to be quite different from the norm. even in those days. in fact, especially in those days.

tammy faye was the first evangelical christian to reach out to victims of AIDS, far before it was de rigeur to do so. there were always people of all sorts of races on that show, she even had pregnant unwed teens on there helping her to bake and all sorts of stuff.
Interesting. That says a lot about her character. I have a lot of respect for people who go against the norm to defend the dignity of other groups, especially because Tammy was not part of those groups. I'm sure this changed the view of some followers.

I think some people just don't understand how closed minded people were back then. It wasn't like now especially for those people dying of AIDS. They went through hell.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:37 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
The thing that sticks out in my mind is the way he was sobbing like a baby when they put him in the police car. If he was the "leader" of believers, he should have taken it like a man. What if Jesus started crying when he was carrying his cross, I just thought it was embarrassing.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM

1,899 posts, read 4,153,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I hope you weren't charmed-whipped by this man as he's got charm galore, and he's a master manipulator! The label sociopath comes to mind!

Tammy was able to manipulate people by being able to cry, shed tears at will!

How many people have met up with serial killers, and thought they were the nicest people they've ever met, until they read the headlines one day!
You sound over-the-line obsessed with Jim Bakker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime