Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
The husband's a bus driver.
Do bus drivers get paid min wage or higher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just read on websleuths, where a Turkish guy in Istanbul posts, that the main suspect is now a 46-year-old "garbage man", which sounds like a homeless person who digs through garbage to get recyclables to sell, who may have mugged SS and then tried to rape her and killed her in the process.

In which case it's a random killing and we are all off base!
Well I could see someone taking a picture of that type of guy...especially someone who doesn't know photography and the rules of: Do not snap pics of people randomly unless you are prepared to RUN.
Her rings were there but her tech stuff was not. That is kinda strange unless it was interrupted.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post

Salary.com Salary Wizard- Do you know what you're worth?

Not much it seems. I don't even know how she afforded the Ipad let alone the tickets....

Now I am back to the hooker thing...
Maybe she hooked online. Live shows etc and this was her first in person trip.

Would make a lot of sense financially, with the comments, the followers and the equipment.

Have they tracked the phone or ipad down at all?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
I just have two problems with this case ... the NY Times article states she filed bankruptcy in 2005 with thousands of dollars in credit card debt and don't you come out of that in 7 years? So apparently she was racking up new credit card debt.

My next question ... serious photography with a cell phone??? Hubby's cell phone takes pictures but nothing near the quality and options of my Nikon and Cannon. Even here on City Data in the Photography Forum the amateurs have some serious cameras they play with and have awesome results too.

It just seems strange to me.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I just have two problems with this case ... the NY Times article states she filed bankruptcy in 2005 with thousands of dollars in credit card debt and don't you come out of that in 7 years? So apparently she was racking up new credit card debt.

My next question ... serious photography with a cell phone??? Hubby's cell phone takes pictures but nothing near the quality and options of my Nikon and Cannon. Even here on City Data in the Photography Forum the amateurs have some serious cameras they play with and have awesome results too.

It just seems strange to me.
You're on a long line of people who have been asking that question.

But I have another question--the FBI is involved in the investigation. Is that normal? I mean, Turkish LE obviously is on the case, but does the FBI get involved in all cases where Americans are murdered overseas?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
If he's a NYC bus driver, he's probably in a union. By that I mean if he drives a bus for the city transit system. I'm not sure who he works for.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Got it. At the time I asked, I didn't know about the side visit to Amsterdam. No, that doesn't sound good.

Or maybe, like thousands of people all over the world, she wanted to see some of an exotic location but also had a contact in another country along the route who she wanted to do lunch with, and she managed to set up connecting flights. That's not unusual at all and doesn't have to have anything to do with illegal drug trafficking.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Or maybe, like thousands of people all over the world, she wanted to see some of an exotic location but also had a contact in another country along the route who she wanted to do lunch with, and she managed to set up connecting flights. That's not unusual at all and doesn't have to have anything to do with illegal drug trafficking.
That's also a possibility. Of course we already know it wasn't lunch. She stayed with Reduron for three days, and her husband also considered him a friend, albeit one that neither had ever met in person. Be clear that I do not think she went traveling to have affairs, as some people believe. It doesn't seem to fit the type of person she was by all accounts. I don't know why she was killed anymore than anyone else. Maybe it was a random schizophrenic homeless guy, as has also been put forth.

What raises the questions about this particular trip with those locations, fairly or unfairly, is that flying to Istanbul, staying there for three weeks with side trips to Amsterdam and Munich is not cheap, and these people had no money. Her husband had to borrow money to fly to Istanbul to look for her, and the money to fly her home and pay for her funeral had to be raised through charity.

It still may mean nothing. Nothing has been said about how the trip was financed, and the only reason the questions are coming up is because somebody smashed this woman's head in with a rock until her face was unrecognizable. Such trips don't normally end this way for thousands of people all over the world.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-18-2013 at 07:01 PM..

Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
I pretty much believe, higher.

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Bus-D...-York,-NY.html

Top salary, I think, is a bit over $48k.

Not much, for NYC. With that kind of salary she'd better be working, too.

Nice catch, MightyQueen, about why would the FBI get involved?
There are still too many questions and a homeless man is often a convenient solution.

Last edited by goldengrain; 02-19-2013 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Depends where and what.

There are union bus drivers in Wisconsin that make over 100k a year but he probably makes <40k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime