U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM

41 posts, read 78,685 times

Advertisements

Kai got the surfboard and wetsuit he wanted, courtesy of the Jimmy Kimmel Show.

Kai the Hitchhiking Hatchet Hero Gets Surfboard, Wetsuit from Kimmel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:29 PM

52,003 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Loved it.

Especially when asked if he had any regrets about the incident where he stated....
"I wish I'd dabbed him up back at the recycling center"

Old 05-18-2013, 05:24 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,424 times
So Kai has been arrested for beating a 73 year old man to death...

Caleb McGillvary, Kai The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker, Arrested In New Jersey Homicide Investigation

I don't know what to think, but my gut tells me he will have a difficult time claiming self defense. Strange story all around.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:25 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,418,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
So Kai has been arrested for beating a 73 year old man to death...

Caleb McGillvary, Kai The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker, Arrested In New Jersey Homicide Investigation

I don't know what to think, but my gut tells me he will have a difficult time claiming self defense. Strange story all around.
Yes, it was a big story in the New Jersey papers. So sad.

Famed hitchhiker 'Kai' arrested in Philadelphia, charged in Clark lawyer's murder | NJ.com

Hitchhiking cybercelebrity arrested following tip from Starbucks employee

Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM

5,144 posts, read 10,862,795 times
Hmmm. We shall see but:

Rohypnol Side Effects | eHow

"Rohypnol withdrawal side effects include anxiety, abdominal discomfort, metallic taste in your mouth, flatulence, aches, blurred vision, changes in perception, diarrhea, panic attacks, nightmares, muscle spasms, irregular heartbeat, insomnia, ringing in your ears and suicidal thoughts."

Smith College: Sexual Assault Resources - Rohypnol

"GHB is often mixed with juice to conceal its metallic taste"

Why was a 70 something picking him up anyway? Something is very fishy here. Either he was a prostitute and had a freak out about it or this old man took advantage of him. Was the house robbed of anything?

He should of went to the hospital for a blood test to try to prove the drug was in his system.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM

21,500 posts, read 14,403,478 times
Kai should have done a lot of things.
He's a 27 year old street rat. He sounded and acted like he was 19, not 27.

Early in the interview that made him famous, he mentioned an earlier incident where he intervened violently. That one was between a couple who were fighting, and Kai took the girl's side; he ran up and punched some of the guy's teeth out.

We have heard nothing about the guy who drove the car from anyone but him. Did he really think he was Jesus? Only Kai said that. Who knows what really went on before the incident?

No doubt- the kid is very well spoken and very colorful. The sort of kid who is entertaining. But does that make him a good person? Or does all that only mean we like him because he's personable?

Or that he could make us laugh while telling how he was hitting another man with a hatchet? That says a lot, both about us and about him.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:31 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,862,795 times
I saw his age listed as 24? Not that it really matters. The fact that he was a street rat and saved a guy is what made it a story. I think it was only funny because of his language and the other guy didn't die. He could of easily used the other business end of the hatchet but didn't.

True though if he really did have mental health problems that is something delusional people would hear when really nothing was going on. The driver though attacked other people at the scene. Does it really matter what was said at that point? Other people saw that happen and had it happen to them.
Tacoma man jailed in Fresno | Local News - The News Tribune
"Police say McBride lodged the black worker between his car and the work truck, got out of his car and began beating the worker and attacking others who tried to stop him. The hitchhiker then got out of the car and started hitting McBride with a hatchet, officials said.Witnesses say the hitchhiker eventually knocked out McBride, who is 6 feet 4 and weighs 290 pounds, according to jail records."

Parents of Kai the Hitchhiker say the Union Co. murder suspect has had behavioral issues for years | NJ.com
^^^
History of behavior problems that required hospitalization yet graduated from high school.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 PM

2,683 posts, read 3,418,701 times
'Kai the Hitchhiker' Agrees to Be Extradited to NJ - Clark-Garwood, NJ Patch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime