U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM

2,907 posts, read 4,924,009 times

Advertisements

While I don't think he's a flight risk because of the staggering media attention surrounding this case, I would not be surprised one bit if he committed suicide. Seems likely no matter which side of the story you believe. Hard to live with yourself and all you've lost either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM

2,683 posts, read 3,415,601 times
What I don't understand is how the lead investigator is facing seven charges of attempted murder in an unrelated case??

It is in connection to a 2011 shooting. Why is he the lead investigator in this case???

Lead Detective Booted Off the Case

Oscar Pistorius detective: Hilton Botha isn't alone. South Africa's police are really, really corrupt.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,364,683 times
cops are corrupt everywhere..I hope this guy Pistorius isn't getting away with murder because of some "technicality" to do with an investigator and what he did in a seperate incident.
Maybe some are secretly hoping he's gonna kill himself...

Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 AM

15,781 posts, read 15,012,062 times
"The father of Oscar Pistorius' slain girlfriend has told a South African newspaper that the athlete will have to 'live with his conscience' if he is lying about how he killed her."
Father of Pistorius' girlfriend speaks out

Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,347,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
...and despite what gun control folks say. If she had been a real intruder, no gun and he would be dead. Though I doubt this was an accident.

I have a right to protect my family if someone were to break into my home. For that purpose I have a Glock at my disposal or an aluminum bat. Either way, the intruder will meet the same fate.
So you assume EVERY intruder is bent on killing you? Most of them are kids who came in through an unlocked door, looking for some free booze and cigs. If you confronted them WITHOUT a weapon they would porbably mess their pants in terror. Is this someo0ne you need to be armed against?

And by the way, speaking of blunt instruments, there appears to have been a bloody cricket bat at the scene of the Pistorius shooting. Unless they keep their cricketing equipment in the bathroom, I suspect he used it on her when the gun didn't kill her fast enough.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,347,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
IMO it's too easy to get out of jury duty. The juror pool usually looks like the audience on Jerry Springer.
Well, in this country they want jurors who don;t have access to newpapers, TV or PEOPLE magazine. Apparently they think those unstoppable forces are more powerful than the evidence they're going to present in court. The assumption is peoiple can't think for themselves and will allows news anchors to make up their minds for them, so they search the public for troglodytes.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM

5,319 posts, read 7,859,485 times
Good pictorial graphic of the crime scene here:

In his own words – How Oscar Pistorius says He Killed Reeva Steenkamp | Graphics | News | National Post

Old 02-23-2013, 02:02 PM

10,614 posts, read 13,149,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading this one. So this guy's girl friend locks her self in the bathroom and he thinks its a B&E and shoots through the door several times? WTF kind of drugs was he on? That must be some powerful enhancers he is taking. LMAO Well we will see if the SA jurors are as dumb as the Florida idiots who let Casey Anthony go. Man when I saw that come down I knew America was gone. How stupid do you have to be, my kid has been taken, now wait she died on a trampoline so we took her body wrapped it in plastic and tossed it in the ditch. Because we love her so much. LMFAO Florida jurors must be the dumbest in the nation. Well besides California.
There was a history of turbulence between them and they were heard arguing that night. I don't buy it. I think he was drunk/high and she ran into the bathroom to get a moments peace or feared for her safety and he opened fire and now puts on this act of he was trying to protect her from an intruder.

I smell bulls**t.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,859,485 times
The one thing that really makes this story totally unbelievable, is that his girlfriend must have slept over many times in the past, since they were dating since November.

And she must have used the bathroom in the middle of the night on past nights as well.

And Pistorius probably had his previous girlfriends sleep over as well.

So Pistorius must have experienced this exact situation of having a girlfriend in the bathroom on many previous occasions.

So why would he decide on this one particular night that it must be a burglar in the bathroom, and not simply his girlfriend?

Why jump to such an extreme conclusion, and fire a weapon at a closed door without even knowing who you are shooting at?

Are we also to assume that the person inside the bathroom remained completely silent while the gun was being fired?

I wonder if any of his past girlfriends will be called to testify?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 AM

32,079 posts, read 32,980,395 times
Another twist in the case:
Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl faces culpable homicide charge - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or