U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times

Advertisements

The National Enquirer? So she may have been pregnant or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM

35,217 posts, read 32,187,063 times

Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM

126 posts, read 178,731 times
I agree...I don't think he has a leg to stand on....

Old 02-27-2013, 10:07 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,791,391 times
I understand he thought he was shooting at an intruder yet there wasnt one nor had there been one...If he had not encountered a real intruder first just who in the world would a person with a brain think just MIGHT be in his bathroom which was shared by he and his girlfriend....he needs to go to jail and never be heard from again.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,243,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
So you assume EVERY intruder is bent on killing you? Most of them are kids who came in through an unlocked door, looking for some free booze and cigs. If you confronted them WITHOUT a weapon they would porbably mess their pants in terror. Is this someo0ne you need to be armed against?

And by the way, speaking of blunt instruments, there appears to have been a bloody cricket bat at the scene of the Pistorius shooting. Unless they keep their cricketing equipment in the bathroom, I suspect he used it on her when the gun didn't kill her fast enough.
Your statement is so naive but I'll answer anyway. Why would you assume that teens would be unarmed? Why would you assume that the intruder doesn't want to kill you? Why would you assume anything to begin with? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is what I say. Your assumptions would leave me vulnerable and at the mercy of the intruder in MY home. And yes, I need to be armed no matter who breaks into my home, for my safety and theirs.

Once again, it's your choice not to arm yourself. Good luck with that. It's my choice and my right to bear arms to protect myself and my family.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 AM

25,882 posts, read 39,178,572 times
Marie Carillo and many other sport journalists are very well aware of cheating in sports.

Age cheating, grow hormones, doping, etc. and they all keep their mouth shut and enable athletes and that to me needs to stop right away.

Nike keeps sponsoring LOSERS andpaying them big time money which I wouldn't have any issue with as long as they weren't part of the "keep your mouth shut" policy.

They are all in it together. Managers are fully aware of what their athletes are doing ut are afraid to lose their pay check which is logical but if it becomes criminal to keep the information away when known the world of sports will change overnight.

This Bladerunner should be in prison waiting for his trial just like Jodi Arias did.

The public should admire atheltes but not make them hero's because soldiers, polie officers, etc. are hero's while athletes are good at the one thing they are doing and I never understood this part even though my child was a professional athelete and I have seen many top 10 tennis players and know them and many of them are just cheating with either age (many Eastern block tennis players and for example Dominic Rep. baseball players), grow hormones (like Maria Sharapova admitted when she was approx. 13 years old), and than you have the doping users like Karanteseva (tennis player who later stated she had an abortion when she was 14 as an excuse for being caught) and then you have the years of cover up for Tiger Woods, Lance "the bully" Armstrong and now this "Blade murderer Runner"!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM

7,315 posts, read 5,545,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Your statement is so naive but I'll answer anyway. Why would you assume that teens would be unarmed? Why would you assume that the intruder doesn't want to kill you? Why would you assume anything to begin with? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is what I say. Your assumptions would leave me vulnerable and at the mercy of the intruder in MY home. And yes, I need to be armed no matter who breaks into my home, for my safety and theirs.

Once again, it's your choice not to arm yourself. Good luck with that. It's my choice and my right to bear arms to protect myself and my family.
The reason teens might be armed are the fault of the gun fondlers, the NRA, and all the multi-million dollar gun lobbying. Why aren't you discussing how all that gun pushing is affecting you, that you fear teens might enter your home armed? Convenient to avoid it, isn't it?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM

32,095 posts, read 33,002,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Actually ... my point was that sexually involved couples typically do not lock bathroom doors from each other.

So the fact the bathroom door was locked proves that something was wrong between them that night.
People lock bathroom doors for privacy whether or not they are sexually involved. The locked door doesn't prove anything.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It's going to be the same reason as always. She was planning to leave him, and he was not going to allow that.
You bet your boots. I'm sure there's no more to the story than that, except that somehow he sucked his brother into, what, helping him kill her? Helping hide evidence or stage the scene?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,862,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
People lock bathroom doors for privacy whether or not they are sexually involved. The locked door doesn't prove anything.
Sexually involved couples typically don't lock bathroom doors when it's just them in the house.

Here's an online survey of this exact question: That Married Couple: Door open or closed?

And why would she have needed to lock the door at 3am?

Who was she anticipating would walk in on her?

And more questions .....

Why did Pistorious shoot at the bathroom door without first asking who was in there?

After he shot the first bullet, why didn't she scream, and why didn't he immediately stop firing? Why did he fire 3 more bullets?

According to Pistorious, she was still alive even after all four bullets hit her.

Wouldn't her scream after the first bullet have cause Pistorious to immediately stop firing, if he wasn't trying to kill her?

Way too many things which make no logical sense for his story to be believable.

I think this guy is as guilty as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or