U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,090,713 times

Advertisements

Why does he keep retching and throwing up, so much so that he has to have a bucket beside him in court? That seems off -- I'm sure these things are difficult to view and hear about, but it's almost like he's trying to get public favor.

His prosthetic legs were partially streaked with blood; this means he had them on when he fired the shots and wasn't exactly at a disadvantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,856,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
question....did they go out anywhere on Valentine's day evening to celebrate? I mean, they were only together for about 4 months, supposedly madly in love, I find it hard to believe that they didn't go out somewhere. I think V-Day triggered something, a really bad fight or he got PO'd about something. Was there any evidence of any gifts they had given/or were going to give each other?

I do find it odd that he was so terrified of an intruder yet didn't put on his prosthesis...I would think he would be most vulnerable without them and want to be as ambulatory as possible in case he had to escape the home or something. But I don't know, maybe he is more comfortable without them.
Last year I read about him finding out that Steenkamp received a text from an old boyfriend, and it may have pissed him off.

The below news article was from Feb 2013:

Murder case: Reeva Steenkamp text messages to rugby star checked as banned steroids 'found in Oscar Pistorius's home' | News.com.au

Quote:
South African police are believed to be checking SMS and text messages from the slain model's iPad and mobile phone to try to establish a motive for her death.
Steenkamp was believed to be in a “close friendship” with South African rugby star Francois Hougaard when she was killed. The pair had reportedly dated in the past.
Quote:
Investigators are looking into whether Steenkamp's friendship with Hougaard may have sparked the rows that were heard in the hours leading up to the shooting.
I'm not sure what happened with the above investigation?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,975,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Last year I read about him finding out that Steenkamp received a text from an old boyfriend, and it may have pissed him off.

The below news article was from Feb 2013:

Murder case: Reeva Steenkamp text messages to rugby star checked as banned steroids 'found in Oscar Pistorius's home' | News.com.au

I'm not sure what happened with the above investigation?
Evidence from the phones hasn't come up in court yet, but I'm sure it will.

There were no banned substances or steroids found in Oscar's house, just an herbal supplement.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Why does he keep retching and throwing up, so much so that he has to have a bucket beside him in court? That seems off -- I'm sure these things are difficult to view and hear about, but it's almost like he's trying to get public favor.

His prosthetic legs were partially streaked with blood; this means he had them on when he fired the shots and wasn't exactly at a disadvantage.
No but he also lifted her off the floor and carried her downstairs while she was bleeding, so that could be the source of the streaks of blood on his prostheses.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,048,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No but he also lifted her off the floor and carried her downstairs while she was bleeding, so that could be the source of the streaks of blood on his prostheses.
Could they tell if he had his legs on when firing via forensics?

Yeah, he's pandering to the public with the bucket of vomit. Have you seen video of him leaving the courthouse? He is so composed and....cold.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,828,850 times
I think this guy is toast. What I cannot understand is why he shot her. Okay, it's possible that this was the most freak accident, but so far the implications are that it wasn't. It's just such a sad story all the way around.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,055,913 times
Default why he shot her...

for the same reason lots of abusive men kill their wives/lovers...they are control freaks, jealous, hot headed, feel entitled, sociopaths. and this one has demonstrated he likes to fire off guns for no special reason. In the U.S. if you're rich and famous enough, you get acquitted. We'll see how South Africa operates. I just have a feeling there's no way they will convict him.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Could they tell if he had his legs on when firing via forensics?

Yeah, he's pandering to the public with the bucket of vomit. Have you seen video of him leaving the courthouse? He is so composed and....cold.
They haven't addressed the forensic evidence on the gunshots yet. But I'm sure they will. You can see pictures of the door on the internet. The gun shot holes are low, below the level of the doorknob.

I think both the prosecution and defense are saying that he shot without the prosthetic legs on. That is what Pistorius also says in his statement.

The prosecution and defense differ in whether or not Oscar had his prosthetic legs on when he struck the door with the cricket bat. The prosecution says he did not, the defense says he did.

You can read a scan of Oscar Pistorius's actual affidavit here:

http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessne...car_papers.pdf

Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,856,705 times
The question I still have is wouldn't Steenkamp have screamed after the first bullet was fired?

So why did he not hear her scream, and why did he continue to fire 3 more bullets?

Also if he actually believed an intruder was in the bathroom, wouldn't he have yelled at the door before firing his gun, and wouldn't Steenkamp have responded saying she is in there?

This entire story just doesn't make any logical sense.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The question I still have is wouldn't Steenkamp have screamed after the first bullet was fired?

So why did he not hear her scream, and why did he continue to fire 3 more bullets?

Also if he actually believed an intruder was in the bathroom, wouldn't he have yelled at the door before firing his gun, and wouldn't Steenkamp have responded saying she is in there?

This entire story just doesn't make any logical sense.

That is true---it doesn't make sense --- because he's lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or