U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,357,555 times

Advertisements

Well, that's a day late and a dollar short. Reeva was still dead last time I checked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,865,551 times
Pistorius breaks down as he recounts Steenkamp's death - Hindustan Times

Quote:
"That's the moment that everything changed," he said, his voice tense with emotion. "I thought that there was a burglar that was gaining entry to my home."
"The first thing that ran through my mind was that I needed to arm myself, that I needed to protect Reeva and that I needed to get my gun," said the 27-year-old, who faces life in prison if convicted of murder.
Pistorius said he felt in the dark with his fingers, grabbed a 9mm pistol lying under the bed, then moved on his stumps down the passageway leading from the bedroom towards the bathroom and the would-be intruder or intruders.
"I shouted for Reeva to get on the floor and for her to phone the police. I screamed at the people to get out," he said.
According to his account, as he peered round the door of the bathroom - his outstretched right hand holding the pistol, his left hand steadying himself against the wall - he noticed the bathroom window was open, confirming his worst fears.
"I wasn't sure where to point my firearm. I had it pointed at the toilet but my eyes were going between the window and the toilet. I stood there for some time. I'm not sure how long.
"I just stayed where I was and kept on screaming. Then I heard a noise from inside the toilet that I perceived to be somebody coming out of the toilet. Before I knew it, I had fired four shots at the door."
The above story is such BS!

Are we to assume that Pistorius shouted to Reeva, and she never replied back from inside the bathroom?

Are we to assume that he stood outside the bathroom door "for some time", and Reeva never said a word after he shouted to her?

Are we to assume that he continued to "scream" outside the door ... and Reeva never said anything?

After all this screaming of his happens ... he then fires four shots at the bathroom door?

I will be amazed if he is found not guilty!

Old 04-08-2014, 04:46 PM

4,575 posts, read 7,067,487 times
yup, and he "hears" someone opening the bathroom window but he doesn't "hear" his girlfriend getting up to go to the bathroom? This story makes no sense at all. And what did he have to say about the cricket bats where he tried to bash in the door first?

Old 04-08-2014, 05:59 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,057,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
yup, and he "hears" someone opening the bathroom window but he doesn't "hear" his girlfriend getting up to go to the bathroom? This story makes no sense at all. And what did he have to say about the cricket bats where he tried to bash in the door first?
Great point.

Isn't his bathroom on the second floor??? That's awfully odd for a point of entry.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 PM

335 posts, read 843,855 times
I understand his defense is that he was afraid, very afraid, of living in SA. But he's taking this fake fear too far. Stop crying and stop vomiting. Such a drama queen. Or maybe he's that afraid of going to prison.

I'm glad his case is being heard by a judge and two assistants. A jury may have fallen for his sobs and fears, or been impressed with his fame.

I heard on the news that defendants in SA must take the stand, or their lack of testimony will weigh against them.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:59 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,079,040 times
I have not paid much attention to this until yesterday.

Wonder if he bought her an engagement ring for Valentine's and she said no?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM

For a man who has been thru so much physically in his life and reached such heights of achievement and fame, I expected him to be alot more emotionally strong than he is. Yes, I think he is a wreck because he knows the truth and he is afraid he will be going to prison. Or else he is really a bad actor. Either way, that's why in the US, defense attorneys hardly ever put their clients on the stand...you never know what you're going to get.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:08 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,651,143 times
In my opinion the text messages are the most damning of all for Oscar Pistorius.

He is a control freak.

Messages between Oscar Pistorius and girlfriend read in court

It's not helping his case to blubber constantly in court.

Also didn't waste any time getting on with his life by finding a new girlfriend.

Foolish.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Oh my, I hadn't heard that he found a new gf already. For crying out loud (literally), has this guy no sense at all. Course that information can't be allowed in, but still...says alot about him.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,865,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Oh my, I hadn't heard that he found a new gf already. For crying out loud (literally), has this guy no sense at all. Course that information can't be allowed in, but still...says alot about him.
Oscar Pistorius finds a new love as ex prepares to testify against him - City Press

Quote:
Pistorius, who goes on trial tomorrow for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, met Malan while on holiday in the Mozambique resort of Inhambane in December.
Malan (19) is a first-year student paramedic at the University of Johannesburg and hails from Potchefstroom, where her father, Andre, owns an estate agency.
Britain’s Mail Online reported yesterday the two had since been on a number of dates.
Also more interesting stuff in the above article:

Quote:
Taylor, whose 18-month relationship with the Paralympian ended shortly before he began seeing Steenkamp, is one of 107 witnesses on the prosecution’s list.
Quote:
Taylor’s mother, Trish, was like a mother to Pistorius, whose mother died of cancer when he was 15 years old. So close was he to the Taylors he regularly stayed with them at their home in northern Joburg. Trish repeatedly tried to persuade Pistorius to go for counselling and said she did not want her daughter to be involved with him if he did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or