U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 03:57 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,728,103 times

Advertisements

Oh my God that poor little girl.

What a brute.

Her mother's strength is amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM

4,575 posts, read 7,067,487 times
why do we keep forgetting that he tried to bash in the door with the cricket bat first?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,832,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
why do we keep forgetting that he tried to bash in the door with the cricket bat first?
Yes...hello...he was deathly afraid of the criminal element in South Africa...yet he tried to breakdown the door and let the intruder loose when he was on his stumps??? Please this is such a farce...

Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,988,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is an opinion piece, but I found it to be an interesting perspective:

Oscar Pistorius what his performance may prove about his mental state
Very interesting.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
I have fired a gun a handful of times. I've read all the recent articles and I'm still not sure how a person can shoot through a door FOUR times and not hear anything on the other side. For one, he wouldn't know if she was sitting or standing or crouching. So, unless he hit her with a fatal shot the first time, just the sound of the weapon's rapport would have been alarming. Even a burglar probably would have screamed out "Okay, stop shooting!" or something, right?

Can someone explain this to me? I'm not really following how it's possible for him to not know she was on the other side of the door.

ETA: Now, he is saying he made a mistake in the trial evidence.
NBC News - Breaking News & Top Stories - Latest World, US & Local News
The medical examiner said that it would be highly unlikely that a person being shot with one of those exbanding bullets would not have screamed out involuntarily. AS the watermelon video showed, that gun, even with smaller bullets makes things explode into pieces. As the prosecutor said, the interior of Reeva's head exploded.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I thought that all of the CSI investigators for both sides agreed the door was bashed in after the bullets when through it.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh my God that poor little girl.

What a brute.

Her mother's strength is amazing.
The mother looked so mad and disgusted, and even shook her head slightly, when Oscar was relating aspects of his and Reeva's "loving" relationship.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Great point.

Isn't his bathroom on the second floor??? That's awfully odd for a point of entry.
First floor---its been in the testimony.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Oscar Pistorius finds a new love as ex prepares to testify against him - City Press

Quote:
"Taylor’s mother, Trish, was like a mother to Pistorius, whose mother died of cancer when he was 15 years old. So close was he to the Taylors he regularly stayed with them at their home in northern Joburg. Trish repeatedly tried to persuade Pistorius to go for counselling and said she did not want her daughter to be involved with him if he did not."

Also more interesting stuff in the above article:

Wow, that's really telling.

I feel sorry for Samantha Taylor...you can see from photos of she and Oscar online that she was just a girl..and from the way she testified ---- that she was a young 17-year-old, Oscar may have been her first serious boyfriend. If I was her I couldn't help thinking ----it could have been me.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 PM

12,982 posts, read 12,266,665 times
I don't think anyone believes he didn't hear Reeva screaming. If the neighbors could hear her, then he could.

BBC News - Oscar Pistorius: I didn't hear Reeva scream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or