U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:20 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,859,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't think anyone believes he didn't hear Reeva screaming. If the neighbors could hear her, then he could.

BBC News - Oscar Pistorius: I didn't hear Reeva scream
Precisely.

Below are the testimonies of two different neighbors:

'I Relive Her Shouts' in Shower, Pistorius Neighbor Testifies - NBC News

Quote:
PRETORIA, South Africa -- The first witness in the Oscar Pistorius murder trial broke down in tears Tuesday, saying she still remembers the terrified screams of a woman on the night the double-amputee athlete killed his girlfriend.

Michelle Burger, who lives near Pistorius' home and who had been composed through two days of grueling cross-examination, wept as she finished her testimony.

"When I'm in the shower, I relive her shouts," Burger said of hearing the woman screaming before the sound of gunshots early on Valentine's Day last year. Burger lives about 193 yards from Pistorius' house.
The above witness remembers hearing a woman screaming BEFORE the gunshots.

Another neighbor witness said the same thing:

Oscar Pistorius' Neighbor Heard 'Terrified, Terrified' Screams - NBC News

Quote:
(from the video) "I could still hear the screaming up until the third or second set of shots. I also heard a man screaming, 'cause I remember saying to my husband, the husband or man is now screaming."
Quote:
There was definitely a female screaming for quite a period," Anette Stipp said. "You could definitely hear two different voices."Stipp said she then heard a second set of shots, and the screaming stopped.
Two different neighbor witnesses each heard a woman screaming before the gunshots.

To me, the above two witnesses testimony should be enough to convict him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,886,305 times
I don't know about the rest of you but I am so tired of news people reporting about this like they think we need to hear it. When they start talking about it, I click to another channel. I don't want to hear about murders in this country either.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone believes he didn't hear Reeva screaming. If the neighbors could hear her, then he could.

BBC News - Oscar Pistorius: I didn't hear Reeva scream
Pistorius testified: "At no point did Reeva shout out or scream," ------ a clear lie. Of course he tried to cover for that: remember in his previous testimony that he kept saying that he had been "screaming" at the presumed intruder and "screaming" for Reeva to hide. Trying to infer that the screams heard were his own. And at one point, he said, that while crouching by the wall, "I just kept screaming." yeah, right.

And notice how high is speaking voice is most of the time during his testifying. Yet on the "watermelon" video his voice is lower. It's like he's trying to prove,"see---see how high my voice is; That's why I scream like a girl."

He's a mess. I do think he regrets what he did, and has remorse --- but what's done is done: Reeva's life is over.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:17 PM

According to one neighbor's testimony, the shots were separated by around 15 minutes:

Oscar Pistorius told: 'You are getting deeper into trouble'

Quote:
As the trial entered its fourth week, Stipp told the court that she woke up just after 3am on 14 February 2013 hearing three sounds "like gunshots". She and her husband heard a woman screaming, she said, and went outside. The screaming was "loud and clear" and not muffled, she said, although male cries could also be heard.
Stipp said the couple called security and heard what she thought was three more shots 15 minutes after she had first woken up. After the second set of shots there was no more screaming, neither male nor female, reports eNCA.
Stipp, an occupational therapist involved in medico-legal work, said she was "absolutely certain" the screaming she heard was female and repeatedly insisted it was not Pistorius. They had two different pitches, she said.
And here they state FOUR WITNESSES heard a woman screaming:

Quote:
Four witnesses said they heard a woman's screams – described by one neighbour as "bloodcurdling" – around the time Steenkamp was killed. Yet Pistorius claims he was the only one to cry out once he realised he had shot his girlfriend. Defence lawyer Barry Roux has repeatedly suggested that Pistorius may have screamed like a woman.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 PM

12,982 posts, read 12,256,182 times
I'm sure he is somewhat remorseful, and arrogant, and narcissistic. In all his statements he sounds more remorseful about how his life has changed, more so than Reeva's life has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but I am so tired of news people reporting about this like they think we need to hear it. When they start talking about it, I click to another channel. I don't want to hear about murders in this country either.
So to clarify, you are so sick of this topic the next obvious step would be to seek out a thread on said topic and comment? M'kay.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:02 AM

12,693 posts, read 14,077,853 times
His testimony and attitude during his testimony looked like a person in meltdown and truly out of touch with how much he was cutting the ground out from under himself minute by minute. Unfortunately, my impression is that he is, and has been, a very angry man, snapping and chewing his way through life.

Yes, I know of his physical struggle, and his enormous triumph over it. But perhaps some wrong lessons came out of it too.

My thought after reading about yesterday was to wonder if he would not just simply freak out at some point, and the trial would fall to pieces along with Oscar.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I'm sure he is somewhat remorseful, and arrogant, and narcissistic. In all his statements he sounds more remorseful about how his life has changed, more so than Reeva's life has ended.

So to clarify, you are so sick of this topic the next obvious step would be to seek out a thread on said topic and comment? M'kay.
Very astute observation.

See, I don't think he "loved" Reeva yet, although he may have been in love. They'd been dating only 3 months, they were still getting to know each other.

And there was a point in this week's testimony in which Nel questioned Pistorius liking that Reeva was a Christian. And Pistorius had messaged about how he appreciated that Reeva prayed, like she prayed "for me." Nel pointed out that again, it was all about Oscar, the narcissism and self-involvement.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:59 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
I'm all done with this case, his voice and crying actually make me sick. Don't know if he did it but think he must have, waiting for the verdict.
Really feel so bad for all involved, the poor parents and even the neighbors. They will also have nightmares forever.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I'm all done with this case, his voice and crying actually make me sick. Don't know if he did it but think he must have, waiting for the verdict.
Really feel so bad for all involved, the poor parents and even the neighbors. They will also have nightmares forever.
He will be convicted of something, even if it's a lower charge. Even if it had been an intruder, you can't just go shooting into a room in which a person is hiding and locked in, i.e. they are not actively threatening you. (Except maybe in parts of Florida.) Or at least turn on a light. That's more likely to scare the intruder than just skulking around in the dark. None of his story makes sense. He wasn't so scared of intruders that he didn't sleep in a ground floor bedroom with the sliding door cocked open.

And he also has those other gun-related charges, shooting the gun from the car, and in a restaurant.

I think they were arguing; he lost it. She ran to the bathroom and locked herself in. In a rage he got his gun, and started to shoot his way in. Notice how all the gunshot were around the lock and handle area of the door. He shot so quickly that despite her screaming he continued firing off shots. And then I think he was stricken with horror at what he had done.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He will be convicted of something, even if it's a lower charge. Even if it had been an intruder, you can't just go shooting into a room in which a person is hiding and locked in, i.e. they are not actively threatening you. (Except maybe in parts of Florida.) Or at least turn on a light. That's more likely to scare the intruder than just skulking around in the dark. None of his story makes sense. He wasn't so scared of intruders that he didn't sleep in a ground floor bedroom with the sliding door cocked open.

And he also has those other gun-related charges, shooting the gun from the car, and in a restaurant.

I think they were arguing; he lost it. She ran to the bathroom and locked herself in. In a rage he got his gun, and started to shoot his way in. Notice how all the gunshot were around the lock and handle area of the door. He shot so quickly that despite her screaming he continued firing off shots. And then I think he was stricken with horror at what he had done.
See my post above where one witness claimed she heard two sets of gunshots, 15 minutes apart.

She said the first gunshots caused her to wake up.

Then she and her husband went outside and heard more gunshots around 15 minutes later.

So the shots were not quick.

To me it sounds more like he became extremely mad at her for some reason, and then shot her during a long and violent argument.

Even his previous girlfriend's mother though he needed counseling, since he apparently has a very bad temper.

The girlfriend stated the following during her testimony:

Pistorius' ex testifies about his gunplay, temper

Quote:
Samantha Taylor, 20, who was testifying on the 5th day of the trial in Pretoria, South Africa, said she began dating Pistorius when she was 17. She painted a picture of a man with a temper who had a gun with him "all the time."
And a security guard who heard the shots stated the following:

Quote:
In later testimony, a security guard testified that he called Pistorius after hearing the gunshots, and that the runner told him "everything was fine."
The guard, Pieter Baba, said he shocked then to see Pistorius, a few minutes later, carrying the wounded Steenkamp down the stairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or