U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 12:26 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,976,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
See my post above where one witness claimed she heard two sets of gunshots, 15 minutes apart.

She said the first gunshots caused her to wake up.

Then she and her husband went outside and heard more gunshots around 15 minutes later.

So the shots were not quick.

To me it sounds more like he became extremely mad at her for some reason, and then shot her during a long and violent argument.

Even his previous girlfriend's mother though he needed counseling, since he apparently has a very bad temper.

The girlfriend stated the following during her testimony:

Pistorius' ex testifies about his gunplay, temper

And a security guard who heard the shots stated the following:
To me, from the testimony I have heard, the time interval was between the initial series of 4 gunshots, and then the sound of his breaking down the door with the cricket bat, which sounded like gunshots. I'll have to go to your link later, but I didn't recall anyone saying that it was as long as 15 minutes between the first sounds of bangs, and the second set of bangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,857,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
To me, from the testimony I have heard, the time interval was between the initial series of 4 gunshots, and then the sound of his breaking down the door with the cricket bat, which sounded like gunshots. I'll have to go to your link later, but I didn't recall anyone saying that it was as long as 15 minutes between the first sounds of bangs, and the second set of bangs.
Here is my post again:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/34330542-post244.html

Old 04-12-2014, 02:12 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,993,287 times
Does anybody else think it's pretty funny how he keeps calling the male prosecutor "M'lady"? I know it's supposed to be directed toward the lady judge but still ...

Old 04-12-2014, 02:38 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,332,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Does anybody else think it's pretty funny how he keeps calling the male prosecutor "M'lady"? I know it's supposed to be directed toward the lady judge but still ...
I think he is referring to the judge when he says that. It's comparable to "Your Honor," I think.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,976,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Wow. Maybe it took him that long to put on his prosthetic legs. I wonder why no one has asked that question, how long that takes.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:09 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,264,158 times
She was leaving, breaking up with him and he did not want her to have anyone else. Some people are trigger happy fools. Jealous, in a rage he grabbed his weapon and started firing. Ending a life was way too easy for this man. Hope this is not another O.J. The judge does not look like she is convinced of his crocodile tears.

The man may be remorseful; but it is probably only for himself. He should have let her go peacefully.

He was such a hero to so many, we admired him, now he has fallen way down as so many do. But, he is alive; he took a life he should not go free and live a merry old life!

Old 04-12-2014, 04:14 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,332,341 times
He probably won't. Either he will get convicted of some random crime (like OJ) or somebody will mete out civil "justice." If he was truly afraid before this happened, he will probably be outright paranoid if he manages to not get incarcerated over this.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:36 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,857,653 times
Here's another thought I just had about this quote from the neighbor witness Stipp:

Quote:
Stipp said the couple called security and heard what she thought was three more shots 15 minutes after she had first woken up. After the second set of shots there was no more screaming, neither male nor female, reports eNCA.
Stipp, an occupational therapist involved in medico-legal work, said she was "absolutely certain" the screaming she heard was female and repeatedly insisted it was not Pistorius. They had two different pitches, she said.
Stipp states that there was no more screaming (male or female) after the second set of gun shots was heard.

And yet, Pistorius claims he screamed after he realized he shot Reeva:

What Did Oscar Pistorius Fear When He Shot Reeva Steenkamp? : The New Yorker

Quote:
He says that he went to the bathroom, walking on his stumps, and saw a window open: “I wasn’t sure where to point my firearm. I had it pointed at the toilet, but my eyes were going between the window and the toilet. … Then I heard a noise from inside the toilet. …Before I knew it, I fired four shots at the door.” It only “dawned upon me” that Steenkamp might be in the bathroom, he said, after he went back to the bed and put his legs on.
“I was screaming and shouting the whole time. I don’t think I have ever screamed or cried like that. I was crying out to the Lord to help me, I was crying out to Reeva, I was screaming.” (Earlier, he had testified that he was glad that Steenkamp was a good Christian and prayed for him each night.) He described kicking the door with his prosthetics, then getting a cricket bat and knocking it down, and then seeing her: “She wasn’t breathing.”
So once again, Pistorius must be lying, otherwise the neighbors would have heard him screaming after the gun shots.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:16 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,264,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
She was leaving, breaking up with him and he did not want her to have anyone else. Some people are trigger happy fools. Jealous, in a rage he grabbed his weapon and started firing. Ending a life was way too easy for this man. Hope this is not another O.J. The judge does not look like she is convinced of his crocodile tears.

The man may be remorseful; but it is probably only for himself. He should have let her go peacefully.

He was such a hero to so many, we admired him, now he has fallen way down as so many do. But, he is alive; he took a life he should not go free and live a merry old life!
Well, I forgot to note that this post is all just my opinion!! Have been around people that are so mean and possessive, that I could almost see this happening. What tragic things happen to innocent people. Live and let live.....wish people with weapons would be careful. Why do some people shoot to kill? More questions. Why?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:50 AM

5,364 posts, read 6,000,411 times
This is prob what happaned to me, dude got upset she was texting her ex a few days before valentines day was yelling , shes like forget this and went to the washroom and locked , dude is yelling banging on the door gets his gun and lets it off.

Now do i think he meant to kill her no... he was angry and he snapped. He should go to jail for life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or